Indicators with alerts/signal - page 531

can anyone code an alert when the dot appears this is a different version so puhlease code an alert at the change of the dot color

Files:

lover:
can anyone code an alert when the dot appears this is a different version so puhlease code an alert at the change of the dot color

That indicator is internally using the "classical" ZigZag that comes with metatrader (find the line of code in it that is saying this :

zigzag1=iCustom(NULL,0,"ZigZag",depth,5,3,0,cnt+1);

and that means exactly what I said for the last zig zag alert : the alert will be issued with a big time delay and such an alert is not usable as any kind of signal. Better to use it without alerts since it will be confused by some as a signal for entry

Hello Mrtools, the indicator posted by Onpoint in post #5331 that you added alert to is good but what about adding an arrow alert when the cci crosses the inner band of the bbands indicator?

samuelkanu:
Hello Mrtools, the indicator posted by Onpoint in post #5331 that you added alert to is good but what about adding an arrow alert when the cci crosses the inner band of the bbands indicator?

Hello Samuelkanu,

Added an option for arrows and alerts when the outer bands cross upper lower levels and now also an option for when cci crosses the inner band.

i was trying to play around with std deviation indicator to determine trend but i saw that it was pointing up even when the market came down 100 pips. can anyone tell me how to use the indicator std deviation and would also be kind enough to tell me what settings on it works best,

lover:
i was trying to play around with std deviation indicator to determine trend but i saw that it was pointing up even when the market came down 100 pips. can anyone tell me how to use the indicator std deviation and would also be kind enough to tell me what settings on it works best,

You can not use standard deviation as a trend direction indicator. Here is a short description what is it usually used for in finance :

In finance, standard deviation is often used as a measure of the risk associated with price-fluctuations of a given asset (stocks, bonds, property, etc.), or the risk of a portfolio of assets [SUP][5][/SUP] (actively managed mutual funds, index mutual funds, or ETFs). Risk is an important factor in determining how to efficiently manage a portfolio of investments because it determines the variation in returns on the asset and/or portfolio and gives investors a mathematical basis for investment decisions (known as mean-variance optimization). The fundamental concept of risk is that as it increases, the expected return on an investment should increase as well, an increase known as the risk premium. In other words, investors should expect a higher return on an investment when that investment carries a higher level of risk or uncertainty. When evaluating investments, investors should estimate both the expected return and the uncertainty of future returns. Standard deviation provides a quantified estimate of the uncertainty of future returns.

For example, let's assume an investor had to choose between two stocks. Stock A over the past 20 years had an average return of 10 percent, with a standard deviation of 20 percentage points (pp) and Stock B, over the same period, had average returns of 12 percent but a higher standard deviation of 30 pp. On the basis of risk and return, an investor may decide that Stock A is the safer choice, because Stock B's additional two percentage points of return is not worth the additional 10 pp standard deviation (greater risk or uncertainty of the expected return). Stock B is likely to fall short of the initial investment (but also to exceed the initial investment) more often than Stock A under the same circumstances, and is estimated to return only two percent more on average. In this example, Stock A is expected to earn about 10 percent, plus or minus 20 pp (a range of 30 percent to −10 percent), about two-thirds of the future year returns. When considering more extreme possible returns or outcomes in future, an investor should expect results of as much as 10 percent plus or minus 60 pp, or a range from 70 percent to −50 percent, which includes outcomes for three standard deviations from the average return (about 99.7 percent of probable returns).

You can find much more information on standard deviation on this link : Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or you can read some posts at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175608

mladen:
You can not use standard deviation as a trend direction indicator. Here is a short description what is it usually used for in finance : You can find much more information on standard deviation on this link : Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or you can read some posts at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175608

Thanks

mrtools:
Hello Samuelkanu, Added an option for arrows and alerts when the outer bands cross upper lower levels and now also an option for when cci crosses the inner band.

Thank you very much Mrtools. I appreciate.

Hi friends,

Hope you all fine..May i ask a favor about a cool indicator which someone in this forum built it i guess...it is braindtrend 1 all in one..First i have to say thanks a lot to its contributor...Is there anyone who can make it with an alert option and it alerts only one time when trend changes and also make it look like histogram for the sake of clean chart? sorry about my english...take care..have plenty of pips..thanx in advance..

thnx Mr.tools i appreciate ur work..It seems that it is oke for my needings..thnx again..take care and have plenty of pips

Reason: