Std Deviation

A lot of people like the RSI and the ADX, but StDev is by far the best. Some people use 5 indicators to make their decisions. You only need StDev...

anyone here have a very good setting for this indicator?sorry for my bad english..

how 2 use this indicator..anyone can help me?

Man:

YOU are saying the Standar Deviation is the best indicator.

THEN YOU said: you only need this indicator not 2, 3 or 5, not RSI, not ADX.

And then YOU request settings and some help about how to use it?

Something is wrong here.

What are you smoking? can you give some? seems to be good.

std

ahmad86:
how 2 use this indicator..anyone can help me?

what indicators did u mean ?

=================

Forex Indicators Collection

Linuxser:
Man:

YOU are saying the Standar Deviation is the best indicator.

THEN YOU said: you only need this indicator not 2, 3 or 5, not RSI, not ADX.

And then YOU request settings and some help about how to use it?

Something is wrong here.

What are you smoking? can you give some? seems to be good.

"YOU are saying the Standar Deviation is the best indicator.

THEN YOU said: you only need this indicator not 2, 3 or 5, not RSI, not ADX."

This is i copy paste from the other forum..sorry for not mentioned it that at my 1st post..hope all clear

prasxz:
:) what indicators did u mean ?

=================

Forex Indicators Collection

std deviation..

Where can I find that indicator?

ahmad86:
std deviation..

From the following book:

Technical Analysis from A to Z by S.B.Achelis.

Overview

Standard Deviation is a statistical measure of volatility. Standard Deviation is typically used as a component of other indicators, rather than as a stand-alone indicator. For example, Bollinger Bands are calculated by adding a security's Standard Deviation to a moving average.

Interpretation

High Standard Deviation values occur when the data item being analyzed (e.g., prices or an indicator) is changing dramatically. Similarly, low Standard Deviation values occur when prices are stable.

Many analysts feel that major tops are accompanied with high volatility as investors struggle with both euphoria and fear. Major bottoms are expected to be calmer as investors have few expectations of profits.

Calculation

Standard Deviation is derived by calculating an n-period simple moving average of the data item (i.e., the closing price or an indicator), summing the squares of the difference between the data item and its moving average over each of the preceding n-time periods, dividing this sum by n, and then calculating the square root of this result.

SD as filter during sideways.

Hii Ahmad,

I use standard deviation as a filter during sideways. Standard deviation measures how many unit the price is away from a moving average. For GBPUSD 1 hour, i won't trade if the deviation is less than 18 unit using LWMA 18 (Median price). Most newbies or even I could say exprienced traders do not use this indicator as its least benefit. However, if you trade using MAs cross, it would help you in exit and entry.

Hopefully it would help you too...

adria:
Where can I find that indicator?

Its a standard indicator in Metatrader (4th from the bottom of the list I think)

dazrul:
Hii Ahmad,

I use standard deviation as a filter during sideways. Standard deviation measures how many unit the price is away from a moving average. For GBPUSD 1 hour, i won't trade if the deviation is less than 18 unit using LWMA 18 (Median price). Most newbies or even I could say exprienced traders do not use this indicator as its least benefit. However, if you trade using MAs cross, it would help you in exit and entry.

Hopefully it would help you too...

Hello Dazrul,

Can you explain the 18 unit of the standard deviation of LWMA-18?

Thanks

Reason: