Does a safe Martingale exist ? - page 16

Well as I told before this topic is very rich in material but lack experiment and real trading with Martingale systems to see results. Is result clear? Maybe. I have started real trading with a Martingale EA since 2016.1.8 with small accounts. It have made 18% profit up to know. It is a simple system working almost similar to Price Trapping Strategy EA by tumir66 that you can download and test it from his topic. I developed my EA and later discovered interesting tumir66 topic. Forex-tsd has a lot of undiscovered fields!

This system works well in volatile trending and range markets. But lack of volatility and very slow markets is main problem. Any suggestions to avoid such conditions is welcome. Last weeks EURUSD was volatile enough.

Best,

IXI:

Well as I told before this topic is very rich in material but lack experiment and real trading with Martingale systems to see results. Is result clear? Maybe. I have started real trading with a Martingale EA since 2016.1.8 with small accounts. It have made 18% profit up to know. It is a simple system working almost similar to Price Trapping Strategy EA by tumir66 that you can download and test it from his topic. I developed my EA and later discovered interesting tumir66 topic. Forex-tsd has a lot of undiscovered fields!

This system works well in volatile trending and range markets. But lack of volatility and very slow markets is main problem. Any suggestions to avoid such conditions is welcome. Last weeks EURUSD was volatile enough.

Best,

Any and every system work well in trending market situation but 99% system fails due to range market and ranging market is crucial part of market price,nobody can change it but there some alternative solutions can be find out and applied to avoid such situations.the only way.

IXI:

Best,

January or August?

I saw some Martingale trader accounts, no EAs, and they know what they do. Their systems worked a while very good, good placed pending orders, money management was ok, but the time came for all and they crashed their accounts one by one. The social trading platforms are full of failed Martingale systems. Consolidations or range markets are part of the game, you can't avoid it. IMO they should be a traders friend, not trends. Every trend begins at a consolidation and ends in one. Focus on them and learn to trade them. Trends can everybody.

mntiwana

As I told the EA has no problem with range market if there is enough volatility. Main problem is when there is no volatility similar to 2015 February or June in EURUSD, very slow and flat market. In theory regression analysis, RSI, standard deviation and ... can be used to avoid such condition. But I don't think any indicator can help, because they are about past not future. We need to know future! Maybe checking if there are big news ahead is a better solution.

Kerlian99

August, almost three weeks of trading.

I know markets are very tough on Martingale systems, but they are interesting! They can repair all damages, it is interesting aspect. This EA will stop after losing 10 percent. Anyway, it is a test.

I recommend you take a look at tumir66 topic. The Price Trapping Strategy is interesting and I think it worth trying.

Best,

IXI:

mntiwana

As I told the EA has no problem with range market if there is enough volatility. Main problem is when there is no volatility similar to 2015 February or June in EURUSD, very slow and flat market. In theory regression analysis, RSI, standard deviation and ... can be used to avoid such condition. But I don't think any indicator can help, because they are about past not future. We need to know future! Maybe checking if there are big news ahead is a better solution.

Kerlian99

August, almost three weeks of trading.

I know markets are very tough on Martingale systems, but they are interesting! They can repair all damages, it is interesting aspect. This EA will stop after losing 10 percent. Anyway, it is a test.

I recommend you take a look at tumir66 topic. The Price Trapping Strategy is interesting and I think it worth trying.

Best,

An aspect to know the market better. The reason why the markets look today how they look. An martingale EA works and you don't need knowledge, just a good money management, time, trends and many many small trades. The law of big numbers. You can copy it everywhere and this is an issue for the sharks. They have to do something. Much longer consolidations, explosive trends and markets that look like a whipsaw. No smooth trends anymore where MACD and PSAR are good enough. For me no problem, but for all with indicators it is, and even for martingale. 18% in 3 weeks is not much, but without knowledge it is more than fair.

krelian99:
An aspect to know the market better. The reason why the markets look today how they look. An martingale EA works and you don't need knowledge, just a good money management, time, trends and many many small trades. The law of big numbers. You can copy it everywhere and this is an issue for the sharks. They have to do something. Much longer consolidations, explosive trends and markets that look like a whipsaw. No smooth trends anymore where MACD and PSAR are good enough. For me no problem, but for all with indicators it is, and even for martingale. 18% in 3 weeks is not much, but without knowledge it is more than fair.

Krelian

would you like help me in "

Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively"

in your own thread,the topic nearly same martingale or trend,lol.

regards

The picture shows the EA trades up to now. The last series of lost comes from Jackson Hole and lady Yellen with help from a coding error that I have not find it yet! I will go manual with same strategy, Price Trapping, until I find the bug or bugs. Does the account last three years or three months?! iGor bet!

The question isn't so much if a "safe martingale exsist" because martingale is only the money management portion of the trading. The system which one uses with the martingale is what will determine if martingale should be used or not. This is where you have an expectancy. Based on that expectancy one should then used martingale.

Most martingale trades don't have a system which they can say will or won't have x amount of straight losses. If a person knows that his or her system won't have more than x amount of losses, they can base their money management around that. I am a martingale trader so I am speaking from first hand experience. Simply doubling your lot size after a loss is martingale but you still have to decide if it will be in the same direction or opposite direction of the loss, which is something that no one here has been able to even mention when deciding if martingale is good or bad.  

GJscalper:

The question isn't so much if a "safe martingale exsist" because martingale is only the money management portion of the trading. The system which one uses with the martingale is what will determine if martingale should be used or not. This is where you have an expectancy. Based on that expectancy one should then used martingale.

Most martingale trades don't have a system which they can say will or won't have x amount of straight losses. If a person knows that his or her system won't have more than x amount of losses, they can base their money management around that. I am a martingale trader so I am speaking from first hand experience. Simply doubling your lot size after a loss is martingale but you still have to decide if it will be in the same direction or opposite direction of the loss, which is something that no one here has been able to even mention when deciding if martingale is good or bad.  

GJ

what i understand till now,there are two types of martingales.

1-the first part of system open a trade in trend direction,if first open trade was buy but unfortunately price move down side and the trade turn in loss,so at every specified level the system open one next/more trade with double size or some extra percent of first trade size in first trade direction though trend is going opposite side and so on going in expectation when price will got back as prices always runs in cycles/retrace) the take profit is triggered....... keep in mind,the TP is moving behind the price as as next trades are increased volume wise for to be fast/early triggered.

2- the second part of martingale is,it open every next trade in opposite direction if first trade turn in loss because of opposite trend accure.

and in every martingale, first system detect trend and open first trade in trend.

it is up to you,you say it money management or a trading system.of course some martingale have stop loss levels but not all.

and yes we needs your first hand experience and comments for to know and understand more.

regards

mntiwana:

GJ

what i understand till now,there are two types of martingales.

1-the first part of system open a trade in trend direction,if first open trade was buy but unfortunately price move down side and the trade turn in loss,so at every specified level the system open one next/more trade with double size or some extra percent of first trade size in first trade direction though trend is going opposite side and so on going in expectation when price will got back as prices always runs in cycles/retrace) the take profit is triggered....... keep in mind,the TP is moving behind the price as as next trades are increased volume wise for to be fast/early triggered.

2- the second part of martingale is,it open every next trade in opposite direction if first trade turn in loss because of opposite trend accure.

and in every martingale, first system detect trend and open first trade in trend.

it is up to you,you say it money management or a trading system.of course some martingale have stop loss levels but not all.

and yes we needs your first hand experience and comments for to know and understand more.

regards

That would be correct... As mentioned before, most people have some sort of strong bias when they trade (mainly swing traders). For those who enjoy trading with a heavy bias, should never use martingale as the "trend" will always reverse "FIRST" on the lower tf compared to the higher. People who believe trading "with the trend" is the best way to trade, have a serious problem because they fail to realize that if you have a 1000 pip drop on a pair on say the daily, you will see a green candle close on the daily but it would of appeared first on tick or 1m. 

I for one have traded for well over 8 years and have used martingale perfectly ONLY when i control my money management. I also have a system which doesn't have 4 straight losses, no matter the market condition so with that expectation set in stone, i use the martingale around that where a lose on

Wager 1 = .3% of account

Wager 2 =  3% of account

Wager 3 = 10% of account

Wager 4 = 30% of account  (which of course is the order that doesn't ever lose)  

Reason: