T101 basket trading system - math analysis - page 10

Hi Guys,

I forgot to drop by here to see how you were getting on.

I've been running the EA totally "hands-off" all week on FxPro demo and currently I'm up 22.63% on a 10K account.

All files I used are as I included in the *.rar archive earlier. I load the *.set file into the EA parms (I probably don't need to do this as I believe all the EA parms are in the template anyway), and then I apply the template to give a black screen.

I didn't write the EA and haven't studied it in any detail, so I'm not able to answer some of the questions you have.

One thing I noticed is that there were several opportunities this week where the EA had a very healthy basket of profits which I could have closed manually for more than the EA eventully closed the basket as - however there were also lots of times where I was doing other things and the EA was merrily accumulating profits

I'm running the EA today, though I notice that there's a "friday" option in the parameters, so it may be best to set this to false to prevent trading on Fridays.

Bear in mind that there have been some big moves this week and the EA may not perform quite so well in more ranging markets.

All the same, it seems to be the best T101 trading tool I've seen as yet and kudos to the guys who developed it!

echelon! It is exciting to hear your great performance. I'll follow for sure.

Let's keep it going

I've been reading its code recently. I found that the authors improve the basket configurations from original T101 14 pairs set-up. An user may use 4 pairs ~ 12 pairs by selecting different value for "basket". However, all baskets are fundamentally similar. and these basket selection are better/quicker in producing profit once positions are entered.

Have not figured out all the displayed information yet, will report back later...

echelon4x:
Hi Guys,

I forgot to drop by here to see how you were getting on.

I've been running the EA totally "hands-off" all week on FxPro demo and currently I'm up 22.63% on a 10K account.

All the same, it seems to be the best T101 trading tool I've seen as yet and kudos to the guys who developed it!

charvo:
@ IamTHAT and echelon

since how the trades are placed by this EA are in the fog to me, i'm more interested to see what information the EA may present on screen.

so i set "can_trade" = false. as a result, EA seems not placing trades any more.

But the line above the flashing "Timer: 1000ms" changes to EA's advice including: Buying is overbought, Dangerous to sell, Recommend Selling, etc...

I am figuring out what's the difference between "Recommend Selling" and "Sell Signal". Lost in its coding now...

The only proceeding i got is that these signals are pretty prompt and trustworthy.

charvo,

I have not looked into manual operation with this EA so far and now I must explore that also since it looks interesting as you say. Since EA uses the 4 indicators provided, all decisions are based on that primarily. Visually EA looks very good and should be a very good tool for manual trading, provided it stops functioning sometime later asking us to buy licensed version since I remember loading a dll file also!

echelon,

Your results are very good and tempting!

Hi Guys,

The dll file is user32.dll which I believe is a standard Windows dll.

It seems to be used just to handle disconnections from what I've seen.

OrderReliable_V2_0_0.mqh is an open source library which tightens up the placing and closing of orders.

WinUser32.mqh is a library which allows connection to Windows objects and looks as though it's being used to handle the events when you click and drag to get popup confirmation windows.

echelon4x:
Hi Guys,

The dll file is user32.dll which I believe is a standard Windows dll.

Hope there is no catch anywhere since this EA is too good to be given free! There are so many variables to try out that there is no need to look beyond this if one wants to trade T101.

Today I tried M30 and it has placed couple of good trades. H4 look perfect for live trades. I am going to experiment with H1 for some time.

oh, is that so? i never experienced that during one week demoing.

so far, it looks an open source.

IamTHAT:

...... provided it stops functioning sometime later asking us to buy licensed version since I remember loading a dll file also!

Correct, it should not be free. Let's fbay it, so it is more reasonable

this is definitely best MQL reflection (with improvement) of T101 system.

you all have a good weekend. hopefully, i can read more coding this weekend.

IamTHAT:
Hope there is no catch anywhere since this EA is too good to be given free!

Hi Guys,

I ended the week up 19.99%, and lost 313 pips today, so I'd recommend setting "friday" in the parameters to false as the option appears to be there with good reason.

Total pips for the week was 1,883 which is pretty good going as I just let the EA do its own thing.

Pips by day is:

Mon 360.2

Tue 284.9

Wed -228

Thu 1,779

Fri -313

I realised that my template actually has the timeframe as 1H (parameter tf=60) rather than the 4H which is in the preset file, so I've been running on 1H all week.

I think that the translation on the screen on the far right which shows "!!!! Closed Positions !!!!" or something similar is incorrect, I think that this should say "!!!! Current Losing Positions !!!!", though this isn't really a big deal (and easy to tweak in the EA) as it's clear to see what's happening to the current trades anyway.

Have a good weekend all!

Hi echelon4x

Hi echelon4x,

Did you mean that no manual touching at all?

Thanks for your updates.

Is there any chances to set the custom indicator into the EA?

It's easier to set it up on the system.

Thanks,

Can you share please the settings..?

Please share with us you .SET

Another question, which broker are you using ?

Thanks in advance.

echelon4x:
Hi Guys,

I ended the week up 19.99%, and lost 313 pips today, so I'd recommend setting "friday" in the parameters to false as the option appears to be there with good reason.

Total pips for the week was 1,883 which is pretty good going as I just let the EA do its own thing.

Pips by day is:

Mon 360.2

Tue 284.9

Wed -228

Thu 1,779

Fri -313

I realised that my template actually has the timeframe as 1H (parameter tf=60) rather than the 4H which is in the preset file, so I've been running on 1H all week.

I think that the translation on the screen on the far right which shows "!!!! Closed Positions !!!!" or something similar is incorrect, I think that this should say "!!!! Current Losing Positions !!!!", though this isn't really a big deal (and easy to tweak in the EA) as it's clear to see what's happening to the current trades anyway.

Have a good weekend all!
Reason: