Various - page 65

timmyhanke:

The indicator still dosnt work as i want it to , just backtested it on a very slow speed and saw how the whole fibo band adjust them selfs after the bar is closed. So maybe thats why it dosnt alert as it should ..

First 5 hours or so it looses as it should , i call it loosing with style but then after all seemed fine and i got a fairly bit pips won all changed .

But thanks for the help !

Can you add email alerts to this indicator ? , it only has push notifications and when i am at work and trade the same time its to hard to see the alerts and enter a trade in the same app , better to multitask with my email

That indicator is repainting

That is the probable cause of your problems

mladen:

That indicator is repainting

That is the probable cause of your problems

I assumed that as well.

Can the email alert be added to the !!!- MT4 Channel which i attached in the post you answered ?

timmyhanke:

I assumed that as well.

Can the email alert be added to the !!!- MT4 Channel which i attached in the post you answered ?

timmyhanke

That indicator works the same as super signals. As I told for super signals : better not to use it sin signaling mode

timmyhanke:

The indicator still dosnt work as i want it to , just backtested it on a very slow speed and saw how the whole fibo band adjust them selfs after the bar is closed. So maybe thats why it dosnt alert as it should ..

First 5 hours or so it looses as it should , i call it loosing with style but then after all seemed fine and i got a fairly bit pips won all changed .

But thanks for the help !

Can you add email alerts to this indicator ? , it only has push notifications and when i am at work and trade the same time its to hard to see the alerts and enter a trade in the same app , better to multitask with my email

Timmy Hanke, the only way the fib envelopes can repaint is if you are using it in mtf mode and it's repainting in natural mtf mode or if you are using the shift mode especially with a negative shift then you will have repainting. And testing for me it is alerting as it should. Noticed the alerts are false by default maybe they are not working for you because they are not turned on.

mrtools:
Timmy Hanke, the only way the fib envelopes can repaint is if you are using it in mtf mode and it's repainting in natural mtf mode or if you are using the shift mode especially with a negative shift then you will have repainting. And testing for me it is alerting as it should. Noticed the alerts are false by default maybe they are not working for you because they are not turned on.

Ok , i will try this one more time now with a higher setting on the envelope period .The alert option should be as i want them , all alerts set to false except for the alert on inner env cross so i have that alert with alert on current to true

timmyhanke:
Ok , i will try this one more time now with a higher setting on the envelope period .The alert option should be as i want them , all alerts set to false except for the alert on inner env cross so i have that alert with alert on current to true

Any results of testing?

sebastianK:
Any results of testing?

At first it seemed good . i lost a controled amount of money everytime i lost , see it an a sacrifice lamb.

You sacrifice a little to win big.

But then if the market jumped up or down it didnt alert me that a reversal had happend and the loosing trades got bigger and bigger .

So it has to be a repainting issue..

timmyhanke:

At first it seemed good . i lost a controled amount of money everytime i lost , see it an a sacrifice lamb.

You sacrifice a little to win big.

But then if the market jumped up or down it didnt alert me that a reversal had happend and the loosing trades got bigger and bigger .

So it has to be a repainting issue..

I did not see any repainting so far

sebastianK:
I did not see any repainting so far

i saw it if you have a low setting on the channel and then backtest it , you will see that the channel moves around a bit even when the bars are closed .

timmyhanke:
i saw it if you have a low setting on the channel and then backtest it , you will see that the channel moves around a bit even when the bars are closed .

It can happen only if the indicator changes past values, and as I could see it, those values are not changed (use the data window to check that).

Reason: