Various - page 93

camisa:

yes, the term "repaint" was not well used by me :P

I just wanted to know if it updates during candle duration or uses price=open 

It uses high and low to calculate that "synthetic" price, ie: if either current high or low changes enough to affect the highest high and/or lowest low for the high low period, then the current value will be changed too

mladen:

There was at one stage Laguerre RSI variation indicator. Attaching it to the post (for comparison reasons). But today I have noticed that it can not produce the original Laguerre RSI value. So, I decided to make a new one and to extend it. This is the new version.

It can (when default values are used) produce the same original Laguerre RSI (data level depth set to 2 and iterations set to 1)  and has extra : price smoothing prior to using and price filtering. Price filtering can produce some interesting results. Calculation iteration makes smoother and smoother results as the iteration count rises

For comparison : upper is the original Laguerre RSI value, lower is the same Laguerre rsi with iteration count set to 3 and filter set to 3.

PS: keep in mind that the "variation 2" is posted for comparison purposes only - they are not the same

Dearest MLADEN

Accidentally title name ("laguerre rsi variation - new.ex4") was changed with addition "1" ("laguerre rsi variation - new.ex41") but it worked,if name protection was not applied on it ? i am talking about post 885 of same this thread.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Accidentally title name ("laguerre rsi variation - new.ex4") was changed with addition "1" ("laguerre rsi variation - new.ex41") but it worked,if name protection was not applied on it ? i am talking about post 885 of same this thread.

regards

No. It can work as is

A bit of a new life into the rainbow wma (rainbow weighted moving average). Added the floating levels, latest set of prices, multi time frames, alerts, filters and so on. The usual set ...

Files:

Rainbow WMA trend indicator

Files:

mladen:

Rainbow WMA trend indicator

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for launching new style (full figured) in rainbow,what is the basic difference in between "rainbow wma 2.ex4" and "rainbow wma trend.ex4"

and when rainbow can be made with/on WMA ...... if same thing can be made on rest of MAs too ? ..... just my curiosity.

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for launching new style (full figured) in rainbow,what is the basic difference in between "rainbow wma 2.ex4" and "rainbow wma trend.ex4"

and when rainbow can be made with/on WMA ...... if same thing can be made on rest of MAs too ? ..... just my curiosity.

regards

mntiwana

The difference is in the way how "trend" determines the change. For now I am not going to disclose how it does that

As of wma : it can not be done. Rainbow wma is a specific way for an average is calculated. It is described in detail here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175037/page136 and, as you shall see, that calculation way is specific for Mel Widner way, and to my way too

mladen:

mntiwana

The difference is in the way how "trend" determines the change. For now I am not going to disclose how it does that

As of wma : it can not be done. Rainbow wma is a specific way for an average is calculated. It is described in detail here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175037/page136 and, as you shall see, that calculation way is specific for Mel Widner way, and to my way too

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for well explained here and in referenced page too,so the name "rainbow" come from that part, and W in "wma" is from "widners" or it is from "weighted".

regards

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

Thanks for well explained here and in referenced page too,so the name "rainbow" come from that part, and W in "wma" is from "widners" or it is from "weighted".

regards

Both : it is a weighted average, but we can pretend that "W" is from Widner too

mladen:

This is a sort of regression explorer, ...

What it does is the following : calculates regression of any degree, converts that value into an "end-pointed regression" (ie : average, ie: non-recalculating, non-repainting value) draws that as a kind of average, and for the current bar it draws the regression channel too, including the extrapolated (future) projection of the current channel. So, the "average" itself does not recalculate/repaint (ever) but the channel itself is doing what any regression channel does : it fits itself (recalculates) depending on the current price changes

As a comparison : if you use degree 1, then it is a linear regression and the values in that case have to be exactly the same as linear regression sketcher (if the parameters are the same)

In short : this can be treated as an end-point (non-repainting) regression too (not just as a "regression explorer")

Interesting. No repainting at all?
Reason: