Various - page 67

seerkat:
Hi mrtools & mladen,

I am wondering if this indicator can be corrected as it repaints currently... vqzl.mq4

Thanks in advance.

seerkat

Seerkat, it doesn't repaint, but it had a benign warning, that was fixed in this updated version.

volatility_quality_-_zero_line_2.mq4

Thanks, I'll try it out.

I have tried to use it but doesn't work with build 950...

Its OK I'm using VQ zero line averages which works on my build ok. Can you tell me what the Value 3 represents - indeterminate? Occasionally you see a bar with Value 1 + Value 3, sometimes followed by a bar with Value 1 + Value 2 + Value 3? Usually the buy state is just Value 1 and sell is Value 1 + Value 2... I'm seeing that with a few indicators besides VQ indies...

seerkat:
Its OK I'm using VQ zero line averages which works on my build ok. Can you tell me what the Value 3 represents - indeterminate? Occasionally you see a bar with Value 1 + Value 3, sometimes followed by a bar with Value 1 + Value 2 + Value 3? Usually the buy state is just Value 1 and sell is Value 1 + Value 2... I'm seeing that with a few indicators besides VQ indies...

I am guessing that you are referring to data window. Those are the values in 3 buffers used to display vq values in its sub window.3 buffers are used because it is the only way how repainting can be avoided in metatrader 4 for multi color lines

seerkat:
Thanks, I'll try it out. I have tried to use it but doesn't work with build 950...

Seerkat, this is both of them on build 950, for me.

Files:
vq_950_tw.png  27 kb

mmmm... thanks for the explanation mladen! So what exactly should an EA do when the bar has Value 3 or all 3 values?

thanks mrtools - not sure why mine won't load in mt4 - I'll try again...

No still doesn't want to load on my build... So what's with the Value 3 and all 3 values at once - how does an EA interpret them?

seerkat:
No still doesn't want to load on my build... So what's with the Value 3 and all 3 values at once - how does an EA interpret them?

Seerkat, an Ea can interpret the sumVqi buffer(first buffer) as zero or the trend buffer the same way.The second and third buffer are for the non repainting color of the indicator only.

mrtools:
Seerkat, an Ea can interpret the sumVqi buffer(first buffer) as zero or the trend buffer the same way.The second and third buffer are for the non repainting color of the indicator only.

Hi mrtools,

Not sure I understand that but anyway - So the EA should read the value of Value 1 (first buffer) only - if >0, buy trend, <0: sell trend.. Am I correct?

Thanks for the reply.

Seerkat

seerkat:

Hi mrtools,

Not sure I understand that but anyway - So the EA should read the value of Value 1 (first buffer) only - if >0, buy trend, <0: sell trend.. Am I correct?

Thanks for the reply.

Seerkat

Seerkat

Yes, it can be done like that, with an addition

if > 0 and previous < 0 buy trend,

if 0 sell trend

Reason: