Various - page 71

Fresh_Prince:
Hey mladen i have always wanted to ask you: what are the results of your personal trading? You can just name your profit-factor and % of winning trades. Thx.

I have told that multiple times already, but ...

My usual yearly return is about 40-50% for the last 9 years. I do not take account of the winning trades - I believe that the yearly return is enough

mladen:

I have told that multiple times already, but ...

My usual yearly return is about 40-50% for the last 9 years. I do not take account of the winning trades - I believe that the yearly return is enough

And what indicators you use in your trading?

Fresh_Prince:
And what indicators you use in your trading?

Fresh_Prince

All the indicators I use were and are posted here on the forum Other than that would be explaining the system and frankly I don't do that (as all of you know it). The main reason is not some kind of a secret but I really sincerely believe that what works for me does not necessarily work for someone else and , since I even saw some people using solar wind profitably, all depends on a system that a trader builds for him/herself. I do not like repainting stuff (repainting, not recalculating) - and I never used such, but as I told even that can be individual. The rest depends on the system (the frequency of trading and the risk) and that 100% depends on individual trading styles

mladen:

Fresh_Prince

All the indicators I use were and are posted here on the forum Other than that would be explaining the system and frankly I don't do that (as all of you know it). The main reason is not some kind of a secret but I really sincerely believe that what works for me does not necessarily work for someone else and , since I even saw some people using solar wind profitably, all depends on a system that a trader builds for him/herself. I do not like repainting stuff (repainting, not recalculating) - and I never used such, but as I told even that can be individual. The rest depends on the system (the frequency of trading and the risk) and that 100% depends on individual trading styles

And what's your trade timeframe? 15m? And how do you cope with the flat periods on the market?

Fresh_Prince:
And what's your trade timeframe? 15m? And how do you cope with the flat periods on the market?

That is what older members also know too : I never use time frames shorter than 1 hour for my trading decisions.

As far of :flat trend" : what is "flat trend"? (and that is the answer - all it takes is to change time frame and there will be no more "flat trend" that is "flat on one time frame and "not flat" on another - so, all is in the eye of a trader)

mrtools:
This is dmx of ocn nma.

dmx_-_ocn_nma.mq4

​@mrtools, mladen Could this indi have the set of prices and averages? Can it be doublesmoothed?

Fresh_Prince:
​@mrtools, mladen Could this indi have the set of prices and averages? Can it be doublesmoothed?

Fresh_Prince

As far as prices are concerned, it can not be done that way (it is using 3 prices for calculation, can not be replaced with only one price)

As far as averages are concerned : yes it can, but then it would completely eliminate the nma. Is that what you had in mind?

mladen:

Fresh_Prince

As far as prices are concerned, it can not be done that way (it is using 3 prices for calculation, can not be replaced with only one price)

As far as averages are concerned : yes it can, but then it would completely eliminate the nma. Is that what you had in mind?

guess not. and what about doublesmoothing?

Fresh_Prince:
guess not. and what about doublesmoothing?

Will make one version with double smoothed nma

Fresh_Prince:

If the trend doesn't come to you, you have to go to the trend You can also change to a pair with an usually good correlation. If market isn't really clear to me, I look on the "sister-pair" which often makes decision much easier.

Reason: