Spread trading in Meta Trader - page 110

Food for thought :

Live Cattle. Live Cattle is a supply contract for 40,000 lb of live cattle (fattened bulls), ticker LE (217K). Delivery months: February, April, June
Exchange: CME
/-----------------------------
Feeder Cattle. Feeder Cattle - delivery futures for 50,000 pounds of cattle (young steers on fattening), ticker GF (25K).
Delivery months: January, March, April, May, August, September, October, November
Exchange: CME
//-----------------------------------------

Food for thought :

ZS & ZL

I don't understand what this is about.

In tech support B. ( https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=11265&page=225 ) just now a friend of mine asked a question

___ "Why are there no sell-side positions on Russian stocks in MT4? Russian exchange markets have long been allowed "shorts"! And here the server returns the answer - "Sell trading is forbidden".

//------------------------------------------

Apparently, such questions are forbidden there too. In 5-10 min, post with question has been impudently deleted. And there is no answer.

Maybe someone knows about it?

I read almost the whole forum thread, I couldn't find indicator that would satisfy me, that would really let me start trading.
Because I want it to show the deviation in pips, and not some average value, which I cannot figure out how to use.

I.e. ideally you should just overlay the two graphs on top of each other and display this graphically, through an indicator. That's where the real deviation will be seen. Are there such indicators? At the same time I would like to be able to select a certain point on the history from which to start the counting. That is, at this point the charts merge with each other and then begin to diverge naturally, without any averaging, as they are moving in reality.

Tell me please, this screenshot is yellow, where you can see the green, blue line. What indicator is it ? Can it be downloaded somewhere ?

When we trade a spread, it is the same as trading a synthetic currency pair (cross rate) between selected instruments.
I.e. for example the spread between USD/GOLD and USD/SILVER is the same as the currency pair GOLD/SILVER, which as you know is not in the terminal. I.e. the cross-rates of pairs very correlated with each other are not given by brokers, you may guess why. (Otherwise, when you see such a rate, which is in a constant, stable flat, everyone would earn on it).

But we can make such a cross rate on our own. As a result, there will be no need to use any indicators, and it will be clearly seen when to buy and when to sell. Without any errors and averaging, which may occur in simple indicators.
If pairs are normally correlated, then we should get a perpetual flat on this cross rate. As a result, trading in this perpetual flat is guaranteed to be profitable.

Does anyone know if there are programmes for generating a cross pair chart from the selected two pairs ? I.e. enter 2 pairs and get for example third pair's JPG image - their cross rate.

If you do not, then perhaps the programmers who write it? It seems to be not complicated. For example, you can build a chart by opening prices of minute bars.

Graalfx >>:

rid Скажи, пожалуйста, вот этот скриншот желтый, где изображены зеленая, синия линяя. Какой это индикатор ? Можно его скачать где-то ?

Right here - post 25-29 http://www.procapital.ru/showthread.php?t=23515

(LKOH + ROSN) ratios of 10:65 -

Food for thought :

FDAX + FESX

I see. As I suspected, your indicator does not show the real correlation, i.e. it does not work correctly. Here is an example:

The spread (correlation) between EURUSD and GBPUSD, is the EURGBP chart to the nearest point. So, looking at the graph of EURGBP we can judge how well the indicators that calculate the correlation between these currency pairs work.
Your indicator does not work correctly. I have not checked others... In any case, you need to do as I said CROSS CURRENCY CHART.

Graalfx >>:

Когда мы торгуем спредом - это тоже самое что торгуем синтетической валютной парой(кросс-курсом) между выбранными инструментами.
Т.е. к примеру спред между USD/GOLD и USD/SILVER - это тоже самое что валютная пара GOLD/SILVER, которой как известно нет в терминале. Т.е. кросс-курсов пар очень скореллированных друг с другом, брокеры не дают, догадайтесь почему. (иначе бы увидя такой курс, который находится в постоянном,стабильном флете все бы на нем зарабатывали)

Но можем сделать такой кросс-курс самостоятельно. В результате отпадёт необходимость в использовании каких-либо индикаторов, и станет всё чётко и наглядно видно, когда нужно покупать, а когда продавать. Без каких-либо погрешностей и усреднений, которые могут быть в простых индикаторах.
Если пары нормально скоррелированны, то мы должны получить вечный флет на этом кросс-курсе. В результате торговля в этом вечном флете будет гарантированно прибыльной.

Кто-нибудь знает, может есть программы для генерации графика кросс-пары, из выбранных двух пар ? Т.е. вводимшь 2 пары, и получаешь например рисунок JPG третьей пары - их кросс курса.

Если такого нету, то может возьмутся программисты которые это напишут? Вроде ведь не сложно. Строить график можно например по ценам открытия минутных баров.

Yes, that's how it is.

If you have any interesting synthetic instruments, write to me.

Files:
syntetic.mq4  2 kb

Graalfx >>:

Понятно. Как я и предполагал твой индикатор не показывает реальную корреляцию,т.е. работает некорректно. Вот пример:

Спред(корреляция) между EURUSD и GBPUSD, является графиком EURGBP с точностью до пункта. Так что посмотрев на график EURGBP можно судить о том насколько правильно работают индикаторы рассчитывающие корреляцию между этими валютными парами.
Твой индикатор работает не верно. Другие не проверял... В любом случае нужно сделать как я говорил ГРАФИК КРОСС-КУРСА.

Perhaps. But I don't pretend to be perfect at all!

Please reload your drawing. Something, it's not showing. Only its frame is visible.

Reason: