Requests & Ideas - page 436

Is it possible to change a envelope indicator and make it to a channel indicator ? Or will it behave the same way?

Because if you take the jma envelopes its not the price that penetrates the bands but the bands that pushes up or down in to the price depending how the market moves.

timmyhanke:
Is it possible to change a envelope indicator and make it to a channel indicator ? Or will it behave the same way? Because if you take the jma envelopes its not the price that penetrates the bands but the bands that pushes up or down in to the price depending how the market moves.

timmyhanke

It is not possible to make it the channel version that I am guessing you have in mind

mladen:

timmyhanke

It is not possible to make it the channel version that I am guessing you have in mind

Ah..

The request that i made after the jma envelopes was to add avergaes to it so the jurik was removed. And it became an average envelopes if im not mistaken. Is it possible to make that to a channel indicator ?

timmyhanke:

Ah..

The request that i made after the jma envelopes was to add avergaes to it so the jurik was removed. And it became an average envelopes if im not mistaken. Is it possible to make that to a channel indicator ?

timmyhanke

As I told : it is not possible to transform that indicator to channel - channels are calculated in completely different way

mladen:

timmyhanke

As I told : it is not possible to transform that indicator to channel - channels are calculated in completely different way

I see .

What indicators/calculations can be made to channels?

If we think like jurik ,rsi , ema, oma , stochastic and so on ?

timmyhanke:

I see .

What indicators/calculations can be made to channels?

If we think like jurik ,rsi , ema, oma , stochastic and so on ?

timmyhanke

Is this how you imagine channels : http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:price_channels

If yes, then does not matter what average is used : it does not fit to that type of channels

mladen:

timmyhanke

Is this how you imagine channels : http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:price_channels

If yes, then does not matter what average is used : it does not fit to that type of channels

Not like that . i dont want the price to get "stuck" to one of the bands like in the picture when a strong trend appears.

Im thinking more like keltner channel where its possible to have the price in center and that the bands dosnt penetrate the price when its moving like envelopes does on a low setting, but i want the price itself to penetrate the bands . i think that keltner does that but i dont know if it will work with that indicator on a verry low setting because if a big bar appears the channel gets to tight and penetrates the upper and lower bands at the same time . and if you make the channel wider using deviation nothing will be triggerd.

timmyhanke:

Not like that . i dont want the price to get "stuck" to one of the bands like in the picture when a strong trend appears.

Im thinking more like keltner channel where its possible to have the price in center and that the bands dosnt penetrate the price when its moving like envelopes does on a low setting, but i want the price itself to penetrate the bands . i think that keltner does that but i dont know if it will work with that indicator on a verry low setting because if a big bar appears the channel gets to tight and penetrates the upper and lower bands at the same time . and if you make the channel wider using deviation nothing will be triggerd.

timmyhanke

That ( the : " if a big bar appears the channel gets to tight and penetrates the upper and lower bands at the same time") is inevitable, There is no indicator that will avoid that

mladen:

timmyhanke

That ( the : " if a big bar appears the channel gets to tight and penetrates the upper and lower bands at the same time") is inevitable, There is no indicator that will avoid that

Ok. Because for now i have the setting where it just clears the big bars but then its little tricky to get the other parts like a slow moving market to trigger . so i just wanted to know if there is any other indicator that behaves like the keltner channel but is little diffrent in calculation so it can work better with what in doing . if the keltner channel can be changed to use another calculation completely instead of just adding averages ?

timmyhanke:
Ok. Because for now i have the setting where it just clears the big bars but then its little tricky to get the other parts like a slow moving market to trigger . so i just wanted to know if there is any other indicator that behaves like the keltner channel but is little diffrent in calculation so it can work better with what in doing . if the keltner channel can be changed to use another calculation completely instead of just adding averages ?

timmyhanke

As far a I remember there is a keltner channel that uses averages (found this one for now : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general)

Check it. maybe that is what you are looking for

Reason: