Requests & Ideas - page 438

mladen:

timmyhanke

It will alerts you as soon as the price penetrates the bands as long as you ask for alert on a current, still opened bar

If you ask for an alert on a closed bar, then it will alert only when the bar closes

Not really , this is how it look like the secound the indicator alerts you that it has penetrated a band , in this case the upper , as you can se the price is already half way down in the bands width and that is often the most the bar goes in the same way before it turns the other way around.

this is why im asking for a adaptive lookback so hopefully it will prevent this .

The problem is that the band moves down in to the price because it follows the price too much, as i described earlier.

Files:

timmyhanke:

Not really , this is how it look like the secound the indicator alerts you that it has penetrated a band , in this case the upper , as you can se the price is already half way down in the bands width and that is often the most the bar goes in the same way before it turns the other way around.

this is why im asking for a adaptive lookback so hopefully it will prevent this .

The problem is that the band moves down in to the price because it follows the price too much, as i described earlier.

Will try to see if something can be done according to your ideas

Can alert be added to this indicator when the price breaks one of the lines ?

timmyhanke:
... I need something to play with until you make the endpointed caterpillar indicator Have a great day !

Mladen, this caterpillar needs help, it must be made endpointed I also wonder how it looks like.

Files:

krelian99:
Mladen, this caterpillar needs help, it must be made endpointed I also wonder how it looks like.

krelian99

Simply use end pointed SSA (since "caterpillar" is renamed SSA). That is all you need to do

timmyhanke:
Can alert be added to this indicator when the price breaks one of the lines ?

Am I correct that the outer band is never broken?

morro:
Am I correct that the outer band is never broken?

Dont look at the band on the main chart, it was only something i played with until i found the indicator that is in the subwindow , and its that one i made a request about

mladen:

krelian99

Simply use end pointed SSA (since "caterpillar" is renamed SSA). That is all you need to do

But the caterpillar are using bands

timmyhanke:
But the caterpillar are using bands

The problem with end-pointing is the following : imagine that you have a 500 bar ssa. To make it end-pointed you have to calculate 500 bars for each and every bar of the current time frame. In the case of end-pointed ssa bands (since, as I tried to explain "caterpillar" is just a renamed ssa bands) you would have to calculate, in the case of bands, 3 x 3 x 500 bars on each tick (you might do it with 2 x 3 x 500, but even in that case that is 3000 bars on each tick)

Dear mladen please share StepChart_v7.2 indicator.it looks like this picture.it is updated StepChart indicator with ability to use the last set of MAs

Files:
Reason: