Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 28

Alexey Kozitsyn:
CopyRates().

Alexey, thank you very much!

Am I right to understand that I should declare static array ofMqlRates type with one item and then call functionCopyRates by third option (from those, which are listed in documentation), specifying parametersstart_time andstop_time equal to opening time of needed bar?

Babu Bonappan:

Alexey, thank you very much!

Do I understand correctly, that it's enough to declare static array ofMqlRates type with one item and then call functionCopyRates by the third option (from those listed in documentation), specifying parametersstart_time andstop_time equal to opening time of required bar?

The second option: time and number of bars (1 bar). You have the bar time. And you only need to copy one bar.

I would like to ask for help increating an indicator, and if at all it is possible to create one that would do the following:

- After the price crosses a vertical level, it would colour part of the background a different colour.
The width of the oras is equal to the candle's width and the height dependson the horizontal levels set earlier. -

I am attaching a picture with an example.

Thanks in advance.

Files:
Immagine1.JPG  100 kb

smithers88:
*fromvertical levels*- from horizontal levels
A post can be edited, it's better than adding a new one.

Vitalie Postolache:
You can edit a post, it's better than adding a new one.
Now I know.

smithers88:

I would like to ask for help increating an indicator, and if it is at all possible to create one that would do the following:

- After the price crosses a vertical level, it would colour part of the background a different colour.
The width of the oras is equal to the candle's width and the height dependson the horizontal levels set earlier. -

I am attaching a picture with an example.

Thanks in advance.

Need help with what exactly? Write for you? Then freelance help you. If you write yourself, but you can't do it - put out what you have - we'll see/think/advise you.

Artyom Trishkin:
What do you need help with? Write for you? Then freelancing is your best bet. If you write yourself, but do not work - lay out what you have - see / think / advise.
I'm just getting into the Mql4 area
And as a newbie, my first and most important question is: "Is it possible to implement what I described earlier into the program? ".
It seems to me, as a beginner, that this task is simple, but it's not a fact.

I've seen in CodeBase that a lot of free indicators were posted.
Therefore, if the answer to the first question is "YES", then the second question: "Does somebody knows an indicator, that meets my requirement"?

Well, if not, then tell me where to start when writing this indicator. I am familiar with Mql4 theory but nevertheless I'm still not sure where to start.

I don't know where to start.

smithers88:
I'm just getting into the Mql4 area
And as a newbie, my first and most important question is: "Is it possible to implement what I described earlier into the program? ".
It seems to me, as a beginner, that this task is simple, but it's not a fact.

I've seen in CodeBase that a lot of free indicators were posted.
Therefore, if the answer to the first question is "YES", then the second question: "Does somebody knows an indicator, that meets my requirement"?

Well, if not, then tell me where to start when writing this indicator. I am familiar with Mql4 theory but in spite of that, I still can't make it move and I don't know where to start.

I don't know where to start.
It is quite doable. Look for indicators that draw objects, load them into MetaEditor and F1 to help.

Vitalie Postolache:
It's quite doable. Look for indicators that draw objects, load them into the metaeditor and F1 to help.
Well, not with objects... Maybe a histogram(?) by the thickness of a candle. Otherwise the object will be between two candlesticks.

Can I simply paint a small rectangle on the background of the price chart, say, blue?

Files:
Immagine_1.png  30 kb
Reason: