Requests & Ideas - page 268

tamaraofx:
Thanks, mladen. I used that indicator in an Ea but the EA runs so slow. That's why I asked. And because I've seen some of your indicators been revised for use in an ea.

Thanks again.

Paul

Paul

This is the correct way to call that indicator :

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,IndicatorFileName,"",SmoothPeriod,SmoothPhase,2,barToTest);

If currentTrend is == 1, trend is up, if it is -1 trend is down

mladen:
Paul

This is the correct way to call that indicator :

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,timeFrame,IndicatorFileName,"",SmoothPeriod,SmoothPhase,2,barToTest);
If currentTrend is == 1, trend is up, if it is -1 trend is down

Thanks, mladen.

I felt there was something wrong with my code/signal. I was using buffer 0 and 1 for blue and red lines. I am actually using crossover buy when blue is above/greater than red (and previous red above blue). For additional position, I used when blue is > than red and supersignal paints green then buy (vice versa for sell). It was making some trades but I knew there is something wrong. Please see the chart and give me correct signals/codes.

Thank you very much.

Paul

Hello, mrtools. Merry Christmas to you.....

I will update the ea with his codes and revert back.

Thanks much,

Paul

tamaraofx:
Thanks, mladen.

I felt there was something wrong with my code/signal. I was using buffer 0 and 1 for blue and red lines. I am actually using crossover buy when blue is above/greater than red (and previous red above blue). For additional position, I used when blue is > than red and supersignal paints green then buy (vice versa for sell). It was making some trades but I knew there is something wrong. Please see the chart and give me correct signals/codes.

Thank you very much.

Paul

Paul

My advice is that you leave out recalculating indicators from an EA as signals. Recalculating indicators should not, in my opinion, be used as signals. No way to reliable incorporate them in an EA

Hello mladen/mrtools:

Many thanks to both of you for your invaluable time and effort. I greatly appreciate it. As you are already aware, I know nothing about coding. I was just trying to educate myself and trying to code the main signal section, in particular.

I understood what you are saying about recalculating indicator. But for my own education and to satisfy my curiosity; can you please give me the complete main signal code (which I can reference later as a template) for the following:

Based on the screen shot above (post #2681):

Sell trades:

1. Initial trade: Red line crossover Blue line;

2. Additional trade(s): As long as Red line is above Blue line; sell when white arrow paints on chart. (In this example, it's supersignal arrows. I can test other non-recalculating indis later).

Close trades on TP (which is given in ea parameters) OR trend change (Redline crossbelow Blueline).

For buy trades its the opposite.

Thanks again.

Paul

mladen:
pooh

Try this one out (I tested it in visual back test and it seems to be working OK). One option added : SameSide. If it is set to true the values are drawn on the same side of 0 (like the upper values on the example picture), otherwise it will show values like on the lower example. Also an option to use total ticks per bar or just the number of ticks that were up or down added

PS: I guess that the results are going to look quite different at run-time than in this visual back test (this results are just showing how visual back test works, not how the real data looks like)

Hi Mladen,

It works great. I like the two options you added. Thank you so much !

But I won’t give you much break . Here comes a new request. Is it possible to create a price distribution indicator similar to the one in the attached picture ? Actually I’d like it to be two versions, with the same display format but one is based on bar price, the other is based on tick price.

Some requirements:

1) There need be a parameter for Price Width, in which we can specify the price width of a histogram bar by setting the price range in pips. For example, if I set the price width as 5 pips, price of 1.32362 and 1.32366 may share one histogram bar.

2) For the pips mentioned in 1), please use actual pips instead of 4-digit pips. As I need use this indicator not only on currencies, but also on SPX500, gold, metals, etc and those prices come in a variety of digits, I guess to accommodate those digits in coding will be extremely difficult. To make things easier, please just use the actual pips. By “actual pips”, I mean, in the case of 5-digit broker for currency, 1 pip =0.00001, and in the case of SPX500, 1 pip=0.1

3) For both versions, there need be a parameter by which we set the number of bars on which the price distribution is based.

4) The version based on bar price need be MTF. For example, we can use this indicator on M15 to show price distribution of H4 chart, based on most recent 500 H4 bars.

Thank you in advance,

pooh

Files:

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

It works great. I like the two options you added. Thank you so much !

But I won’t give you much break . Here comes a new request. Is it possible to create a price distribution indicator similar to the one in the attached picture ? Actually I’d like it to be two versions, with the same display format but one is based on bar price, the other is based on tick price.

Some requirements:

1) There need be a parameter for Price Width, in which we can specify the price width of a histogram bar by setting the price range in pips. For example, if I set the price width as 5 pips, price of 1.32362 and 1.32366 may share one histogram bar.

2) For the pips mentioned in 1), please use actual pips instead of 4-digit pips. As I need use this indicator not only on currencies, but also on SPX500, gold, metals, etc and those prices come in a variety of digits, I guess to accommodate those digits in coding will be extremely difficult. To make things easier, please just use the actual pips. By “actual pips”, I mean, in the case of 5-digit broker for currency, 1 pip =0.00001, and in the case of SPX500, 1 pip=0.1

3) For both versions, there need be a parameter by which we set the number of bars on which the price distribution is based.

4) The version based on bar price need be MTF. For example, we can use this indicator on M15 to show price distribution of H4 chart, based on most recent 500 H4 bars.

Thank you in advance,

pooh

pooh

Did you check among various versions of market profile?

tamaraofx:
Hello mladen/mrtools:

Many thanks to both of you for your invaluable time and effort. I greatly appreciate it. As you are already aware, I know nothing about coding. I was just trying to educate myself and trying to code the main signal section, in particular.

I understood what you are saying about recalculating indicator. But for my own education and to satisfy my curiosity; can you please give me the complete main signal code (which I can reference later as a template) for the following:

Based on the screen shot above (post #2681):

Sell trades:

1. Initial trade: Red line crossover Blue line;

2. Additional trade(s): As long as Red line is above Blue line; sell when white arrow paints on chart. (In this example, it's supersignal arrows. I can test other non-recalculating indis later).

Close trades on TP (which is given in ea parameters) OR trend change (Redline crossbelow Blueline).

For buy trades its the opposite.

Thanks again.

Paul

Paul maybe you can get the iCustom for supersignal from this EA, you already have the iCustom for the high low channel.

Files:

mladen:
pooh Did you check among various versions of market profile?

Mladen,

Just googled and found some market profile indicators. It looks that the indicator that I wanted has already been created. So there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you,

pooh

Hi mrtools,

I already have the iCustom information for the indicators. I only need the buy/sell command based on the trade conditions I mentioned earlier.

Thanks much,

Paul

PS. Please find below the code I did. I believe it's not accurate. Kindly review.

if (((jurikBlue1 > jurikRed1) && (MSS2>MSS1))

|| (jurikBlue1 > jurikRed1 && jurikBlue2 < jurikRed2)

) return(__trendUp);

if (((jurikRed1 > jurikBlue1) &&(MSS1>MSS2))

|| (jurikRed1 > jurikBlue1 && jurikRed2 < jurikBlue2)

) return(__trendDown);

Reason: