Requests & Ideas - page 248

Mladen,

Sorry to trouble you. I would like to add some stability to the box counting FD method due to instability for usage at the lower timeframes which i hope to use.

Under the particular section of

(CLOSE [t] -CLOSE[t-1] ) ^2 (1) )

Summation SQRT ( ------------------------ + ----- )

Price Range N^2

Can you modify the code for a median estimator just before the summation part and multiply by N lengths. In short, the Median X N = the new summation values just before logarithm is done for the numerator top part. That is, using median value as the location parameter multiplied by the number of periods

Thanks alot

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Files:
median.mq4  3 kb
fgdi.mq4  20 kb

wintersky111:
Mladen,

Sorry to trouble you. I would like to add some stability to the box counting FD method due to instability for usage at the lower timeframes which i hope to use.

Under the particular section of

(CLOSE [t] -CLOSE[t-1] ) ^2 (1) )

Summation SQRT ( ------------------------ + ----- )

Price Range N^2

Can you modify the code for a median estimator just before the summation part and multiply by N lengths. In short, the Median X N = the new summation values just before logarithm is done for the numerator top part. That is, using median value as the location parameter multiplied by the number of periods

Thanks alot

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Wintersky

I am failing to find that part of the code in FGDI. Can you pint me out more precisely where should I find it?

mladen:
Wintersky I am failing to find that part of the code in FGDI. Can you pint me out more precisely where should I find it?

Mladen,

It's at Line 247 in MetaEditor of the FGDI code. Need you to insert the median right in between Line 247 and Line 248, as shown below

----------------------------------------------------------------------

delta=MathSqrt( MathPow( diff - priorDiff, 2.0)+(1.0/MathPow( e_period, 2.0)) ); sum+=MathPow(delta-(length/g_period_minus_1),2);

Thanks Mladen.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

wintersky111:
Mladen,

It's at Line 247 in MetaEditor of the FGDI code. Need you to insert the median right in between Line 247 and Line 248, as shown below

delta=MathSqrt( MathPow( diff - priorDiff, 2.0)+(1.0/MathPow( e_period, 2.0)) ); sum+=MathPow(delta-(length/g_period_minus_1),2);

Thanks Mladen.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

Wintersky

Looking at that part of the code and this is what is my conclusion so far

fdi=1.0 +(MathLog( length)+ LOG_2 )/MathLog( 2 * g_period_minus_1 );

mean=length/g_period_minus_1;

for( iteration=0; iteration <= g_period_minus_1; iteration++ )

{

if(( priceMax - priceMin)> 0.0 )

{

diff =(inputData[pos + iteration] - priceMin )/( priceMax - priceMin );

if(iteration > 0 )

{

delta=MathSqrt( MathPow( diff - priorDiff, 2.0)+(1.0/MathPow( e_period, 2.0)));

//

//

// median would be limited to g_period_minus_1 length

// but in increasing lengths : 1 to g_period_minus_1

// due to how an array of intermediate results would be filled in

//

//

//

sum+=MathPow(delta-(length/g_period_minus_1),2);

}

priorDiff=diff;

}

}

variance=sum/(MathPow(length,2)*MathPow(MathLog(2*g_period_minus_1),2));

It is simply a promblem that the sample for fdi calculation is a variable length sample. I can make it calculate as a median of that variable length (I am assuming that it would be a median of delta values) or we should already use a median in the moment when inputData[pos + iteration] is used as an input for calculation. Let me know what dio you think

mladen:
It is simply a promblem that the sample for fdi calculation is a variable length sample. I can make it calculate as a median of that variable length (I am assuming that it would be a median of delta values) or we should already use a median in the moment when inputData[pos + iteration] is used as an input for calculation. Let me know what dio you think

Mladen,

I was thinking about this issue too even before you raised it and was quite in a bind about what to think about it. The issue wouldnt be there if N or periods tended towards infinity certainly.

Either way of calculation, the difference (if any) shouldn't be a really major issue. That and the fact that FD value itself is still more of a general value rather than a precise value, given that it is but an estimation (due to noise, nonlinearities etc etc). & that is the viewpoint expressed by most papers of the difficulty of giving a good precise FD value.

So either way is fine mladen. Or if you feel that one way of placing the median is better than the other, i am fine with whichever you choose. Thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

MQ5 upgrading

Good evening, Mladen ! I would like to make a new request about the option of upgrading

the indicator from mq4 into mq5 ( it’s another month already ! )

As always it’s from the arsenal that developed by you.

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend, Mikhael.supertrend_averages_amp_alerts_2.01.mq4

MikhaelPankov:
Good evening, Mladen ! I would like to make a new request about the option of upgrading

the indicator from mq4 into mq5 ( it’s another month already ! )

As always it’s from the arsenal that developed by you.

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend, Mikhael.supertrend_averages_amp_alerts_2.01.mq4

Mikhael

Here you go Multi time frame + alerts and the fill area that is used is specific to metatrader 5 (at least that is nicer than in the metatrader 4 version)

Dear Mladen ! A mountain of thanks - it's simply exciting !

Full of respect, Mikhael.

Idea

Good afternoon everyone:

Excuse my English please.

mladen, first I apologize for creating threads without good reason, as they say in my country, the rush is not good. I refer to this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807 # post642119

I'm trying to program the EA, so I practice, if I have any difficulty it will comment to help me.

Another issue:

I searched this indicator for mt4 and not find it.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page29

It can make you mentioned indicator for mql4?

If yes, could transform the EA of the item you MQL4 code attached to it.

Experts - Renko Line Break vs RSI EA - MQL5 Code Base

Thank you very much and apologize for everything they do wrong, language costs me a lot and I admire his work so as not to go here.

A hug

Hermo.

Hermo:
Good afternoon everyone:

Excuse my English please.

mladen, first I apologize for creating threads without good reason, as they say in my country, the rush is not good. I refer to this thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807 # post642119

I'm trying to program the EA, so I practice, if I have any difficulty it will comment to help me.

Another issue:

I searched this indicator for mt4 and not find it.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181297/page29

It can make you mentioned indicator for mql4?

If yes, could transform the EA of the item you MQL4 code attached to it.

Experts - Renko Line Break vs RSI EA - MQL5 Code Base

Thank you very much and apologize for everything they do wrong, language costs me a lot and I admire his work so as not to go here.

A hug

Hermo.

Hermo

See this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178540/page25

The difference is that the metatrader 4 version uses adaptive size and metatrader 5 uses fixed "box" size for calculation

Reason: