Requests & Ideas - page 241

rayphua:
Mladen, there was this Simple Alternative CCI that you had coded. I was wondering if there was a version that's in MTF, with alerts, multiple color settings, somewhere in the elite or advance forums?

rayphua

Yes, you can use this one for example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (it s using the "simple" calculation for CCI, not the built in CCI)

mladen:
rayphua Yes, you can use this one for example : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (it s using the "simple" calculation for CCI, not the built in CCI)

Thank you Mladen!

mladen:
According to that definition and some other definitions I have found, it would be kvo2.

Attaching a version that I have and which is solving a case when current and previous price are equal (if and when it happens, it is the case which they describe at that link as the "In our research, we found no statement as to how to treat the case") as a continuation of previous "trend", so that even that case is solved in more or less acceptable manner (at least I hope so)

PS: added an option to allow the second prevailing calculation mode too - when high-low range is used in calculation. They are giving very similar results except that when using range in calculation it is somewhat smoother and it seems that it is avoiding some false signals. The "range" calculation is used in tradestation code and since tradestation people are very long in this game it seems that they can be trusted (left the regular mode to, just in case ). Here is a comparison of the "using range" calculation (upper) and a "regular" (lower)

regards

Mladen

Mladen, apart from the range calculation, how is this different from the two Klinger Volume Oscillator you posted today? Would this range calculation smoothing be better than the smoothing method you had used on the two you coded today?

rayphua:
Mladen, apart from the range calculation, how is this different from the two Klinger Volume Oscillator you posted today? Would this range calculation smoothing be better than the smoothing method you had used on the two you coded today?

rayphua

There are some more differences in calculation between the two. The one I posted today is using the calculation from that document. Biggest difference is how DM is calculated (completely different in the one posted today). So, after all they are different in values and that is why I decided to post that version too

mladen:
rayphua There are some more differences in calculation between the two. The one I posted today is using the calculation from that document. Biggest difference is how DM is calculated (completely different in the one posted today). So, after all they are different in values and that is why I decided to post that version too

Thanks for the explanation. I prefer the one that you posted in 2011, with range calculation. It would be great if you could code in the 4 colors for slope changes, instead of just two colors. Please see the attached indicator for your convenience.

klinger_volume_oscillator.mq4

And I seem to have found some sort of bug with the indicator. I'm attaching 3 GBPUSD charts, of 3 timeframes, 1hr, 4hr, and daily. Somehow the Klinger indicator does not show on the 4hr chart. I'm not sure how this could have happened, although I've checked with other pairs on 4hr charts and the indicator worked fine, so the problem happens only with GBPUSD in the 4 hour timeframe.

rayphua:
Thanks for the explanation. I prefer the one that you posted in 2011, with range calculation. It would be great if you could code in the 4 colors for slope changes, instead of just two colors. Please see the attached indicator for your convenience.

klinger_volume_oscillator.mq4

And I seem to have found some sort of bug with the indicator. I'm attaching 3 GBPUSD charts, of 3 timeframes, 1hr, 4hr, and daily. Somehow the Klinger indicator does not show on the 4hr chart. I'm not sure how this could have happened, although I've checked with other pairs on 4hr charts and the indicator worked fine, so the problem happens only with GBPUSD in the 4 hour timeframe.

rayphua

Try out this version (on that 4 hour chart too)

mladen:
rayphua Try out this version (on that 4 hour chart too)

This one worked fine. Mladen, you amended some part of the code?

rayphua:
This one worked fine. Mladen, you amended some part of the code?

Yes. added one zero divide check (seems that was causing a problem). Also added those color changes on a slope change

mladen:
Yes. added one zero divide check (seems that was causing a problem). Also added those color changes on a slope change

Mladen, very quick, very efficient, thank you.

Mladen

squize_ma_averages_zones_mtf.mq4squize_ma_averages_zones_mtf.mq4

Could you allow the background zone to be painted in realtime and higher time frames. I am not concern with it changing during lower time frame. Also if I add multiple indicators to a chart lets say a 1hr and a 4hr is there a way to control which one is a background color.

Thanks

Reason: