Requests & Ideas - page 162

mladen:
dasio With offline charts you have a very simple solution for that : go to file->save as and save it under the name you desire. It will export that offline chart data as a csv file which you can then use in your further work

Thank you for your reply but it is possible to do a real time update of data?

dasio

It would make it almost impossible to save the latest state of the chart to a csv file in between the ticks

I am guessing now, but if you use it in run-time from Excel or some similar program, why don't you use DDE for that purpose?

Here is a thread with some examples of how to use metatrader terminal as a DDE server : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176455

Also you have a file called DDE example.xls in the metatrader folder that can give you idea how to use DDE for run-time data collection from metatrader terminal

dasio:
Thank you for your reply but it is possible to do a real time update of data?

mladen:
dasio

It would make it almost impossible to save the latest state of the chart to a csv file in between the ticks

I am guessing now, but if you use it in run-time from Excel or some similar program, why don't you use DDE for that purpose?

Here is a thread with some examples of how to use metatrader terminal as a DDE server : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176455

Also you have a file called DDE example.xls in the metatrader folder that can give you idea how to use DDE for run-time data collection from metatrader terminal

Thank you.

I will study it^^

Good work

stanley18

So far it is giving me a headache ... but hope to solve it : it (the problem) does not know how thickheaded I am

stanley18:
Hi mladen,

What I means is I want to add two setting into this indicator:

alertsMessage = true;

alertsSound = true;

So, When divergences are drawn it will popup a window to tell me which pair have divergence now.

Is it possible?

Hi,

i have request.

Attached there are 2 indicator.

one is TickData Indicator and the other a simple indicator that calculate the ratio between that range of the bar and the volume with this simple formula : "diff/vol" where diff is the range calculate on "high and low" of the candles and "vol" is "iVolume(NULL,0,i)".

There is the possibility of integrating this two indicator so that use the number of tick in the candle and not the volume for the calculation?

In the test indicator there are some line not necessary. So sorry for the code^^.

Waiting for reply,

Regardstick_data__v1.03.mq4

test.mq4

Files:

dasio

With metatrader 4 ticks and volume are the same. Unfortunately metatrader 4 does not make any difference between the 2. So, when you apply the test indicator to tick data (or any other chart as a matter of fact) it will use the number of ticks written into the volume field of the database. And since tick data produces bars with same number of ticks (depending on your input - but the tick number is always going to be the same) it will not change from bar to bar

dasio:
Hi,

i have request.

Attached there are 2 indicator.

one is TickData Indicator and the other a simple indicator that calculate the ratio between that range of the bar and the volume with this simple formula : "diff/vol" where diff is the range calculate on "high and low" of the candles and "vol" is "iVolume(NULL,0,i)".

There is the possibility of integrating this two indicator so that use the number of tick in the candle and not the volume for the calculation?

In the test indicator there are some line not necessary. So sorry for the code^^.

Waiting for reply,

Regardstick_data__v1.03.mq4

test.mq4

mladen:
dasio With metatrader 4 ticks and volume are the same. Unfortunately metatrader 4 does not make any difference between the 2. So, when you apply the test indicator to tick data (or any other chart as a matter of fact) it will use the number of ticks written into the volume field of the database. And since tick data produces bars with same number of ticks (depending on your input - but the tick number is always going to be the same) it will not change from bar to bar

Thank you.

Happy to learn more^^

I need a close ea

Hi mladen,

Did you got my message? Could you do me a favor to build a close ea based onStepMA_v7.2 pdf histoyou provided? That means I will open the orders manually and have the Ea close them.

Thanks.

Hi Stanley,

This is the macd close Ea you asked for along with the currency close Ea. Both verified to work except the macd close not verified in mtf mode, but it should be fine. Also the indicator averages_MACD needs to be in indicators folder.

Hi mrtools,

Thanks for your help.

mrtools:
Hi Stanley, This is the macd close Ea you asked for along with the currency close Ea. Both verified to work except the macd close not verified in mtf mode, but it should be fine. Also the indicator averages_MACD needs to be in indicators folder.
Reason: