Well I am trying to slow the live one down a bit as personally I would rather it get it right (scalp on trend) rather than trade so often like the other settings let it do.
Can you tell me which condition this line is looking for on the macd
if (iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,4,1) > iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,5,1)) result = mode;
so which part of macd is 4 and which is 5? if I wanted it to only go long when the signal period is positive and greater than the previous what would that look like?
sorry for the trader noob questions
its actually 3.44.7
Main_data= Trade Volume & Trade Method
Time_Inputs= Timing parameters
TS_Inputs= TickSmoother parameters:
MC_Inputs= MAs Confirmation parameters:
__2=Double smoothed EMA
__3=Double EMA (DEMA)
__4=Triple EMA (TEMA)
__7=Linear weighted MA
__8=Parabolic weighted MA
__10=Volume weghted MA
__13=Sine weighted MA
__17=Zero lag EMA
MM_inputs= MoneyManagement by L.Williams
IIn the code I can't see why the "mamethods" are included...
TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA using moresafe settings, EURGBP M1.
I just hope that this MT account will be survived for the long time.
- All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3
- Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8
Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.
- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA is on this post.
- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA with default settings for moresafe and all the indicators are on this post.
- TickScalper_v3.45 EA is on this post. This version is using EquityTrailing as account protection feature so it can be used with trading of many pairs using super safe settings.
- TickScalper_v3.45.1 EA is on this post. Added a more extensive time filter, added the auto magic number function, along with a manual magic number function.
- TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA is on this post. This is an updated version, added another max order safety feature: if you have UseMaxOrdersClose = true and EquityTrailing = false, whatever you have MaxOrders set to and that pairs open orders gets to max orders the Ea will close all the orders on that pair. If you use EquityTrailing = true and UseMaxOrdersClose = false, then will be regular EquityTrailing.
TickScalper EA with super more safe settings.
In the settings you just showed me::::: extern double MGMode = 1; means Martingale is on, for martingale to be off needs to be::::: extern double MGMode = 0; The reason Mamethods is included is because in AveragesMacd there is 18 different types of choices of moving averages to use for the macd which is where::::: extern int Method = 2, comes into play means you are using double smoothed EMA Macd, its just a quick and easy way to try a variety of ma's for Macd, and know which ma you are using.
I am not going to put it live. Demo money first. In my mind it has now slimmer chance to blow accounts, but market is unpredictable and worst case scenario can happen. The more MaxOrders we have the more chance to break even and more DD. It could be a play of Maxorders 10 and from MaxOrdrers 4 onwards try to break even. So we can scalp again. Waist of orders and DD put profit curve steady if it closes in breakeven. It should allow matringale after MaxOrder 4 put closing logic could be BreakEven and not ProfitTarget. This should speed the exit time and we can go on scalping. Just ideas IMHO.
I am running EURUSD short and long two eas and many pairs. Will see behavior. Tempting cash cow martingale strategy with out the blow account effect
I know is not easy and is not your ea. Even if it does not work out we tried. Thanks and I apprriciate efforts these things take time.
Jack the questions are never any problem, its better to ask, now on the macd the 4 is actually the macd in the picture its the black line outlining the histogram the signal line (5) is the yellow line. If macd line greater than signal line is buy and the opposite for sell
Oh, so it's be running all this time... I thought my exitmode 10 got me out of martingale, my trade limit per pair is pretty low though. I guess ill change that
igorads programming is great but i sometimes wish the documentation was a tad better
I appreciate your ideas, actually everyones, and they are being considered, like you said its just going to take a some time a lot of testing,patience, experimentation,research,etc. for everyone.
I think that this 3.45.1 with multiply pairs for more safe settings may work.
It is doing good since this morning.
I did not have any case yet for 'equity account protection' (not good one, not bad one sorry) ... but anyway - I will trade it for few more day at home pc and after that, if everything will be fine- will transfer it to elite servers to trade in usual way with stats website connection.