Looking for a MENTOR - page 3

Marco vd Heijden:

I am convinced that you belong to that 96% that isn't going to make it.

Just because I don't agree with some things you have said, it doesn't mean I am a failure as a trader or destined to be a failure. You put far more weight on your opinions than you should. Totally inappropriate behavior to wish ill will on someone just because he or she doesn't agree with one or more of your ideas on trading. 

cvdestyfx:

Ever heard of the Turtle Traders? The idea that a person has to be born or destined a trader in order to be a successful trader has already been proven false. 

As for all other things that a human can do, there are people that are able to do something and people that, even if doing their bests with all efforts, cannot reach some results.

There are people that think that after attending a trading course can stop to work and trade from their sofa, other people that think that trading with "robots" is like earning money while sleeping without any preoccupation. Usually this kind of people are ones that look for a mentor.

Other people look everywhere for information in order to grow their knowledge and skills.

I can absure to you that this last type of people will never look for a mentor and will never attend a trading courses advertised on facebook.

Marco vd Heijden:

So you do have the time and patience to argue with me.

Just as i expected.

Just as you expected? Do you expect me to just let you walk all over me and not say anything about it? Is that what you expect of strangers?

cvdestyfx:

Just as you expected? Do you expect me to just let you walk all over me and not say anything about it? Is that what you expect of strangers?

Oh you are not a stranger.

I have seen so many of you come and go.

This time it's not going to be any different.

But for the record i never wished you any bad luck or ill faith in fact i wish you all the best.

I just made a prediction, that's what we traders do.

Fabio Cavalloni:

As for all other things that a human can do, there are people that are able to do something and people that, even if doing their bests with all efforts, cannot reach some results.

There are people that think that after attending a trading course can stop to work and do the trades from their sofa, other people that think that trading with "robots" is like earning money while sleeping without any preoccupation. Usually this kind of people are ones that look for a mentor.

Other people look everywhere for information in order to grow their knowledge and skills.

I can absure to you that this last type of people will never look for a mentor and will never attend a trading courses advertised on facebook.

If I have a winning strategy for trading, and a person can comprehend my rules and follow them, that person will be a successful trader if he or she sticks to the rules. It has nothing to do with being destined for success or failure. It's about following instructions.  

Keep in mind we are talking about trading here. Not everything under the sun.  

Marco vd Heijden:

I just made a prediction, that's what we traders do.

I get the feeling you are talking about yourself but not realizing it. It's called invalidation. You should look it up.   

cvdestyfx:

If I have a winning strategy for trading, and a person can comprehend my rules and follow them, that person will be a successful trader if he or she sticks to the rules. It has nothing to do with being destined for success or failure. It's about following instructions.  

Keep in mind we are talking about trading here. Not everything under the sun.  

You need to clarify the concept of "winning strategy".

Strategies (and markets) changes continuosly and there is no consistent profitable strategy. Strategies need to be analyzed and continuosly improoved.

Really are you sure that trading world turn around the concept "I know how to trade in a profitable way, I teach to you how to do it" and not about "the only way to earn money is illude people that I can be a profitable trader and I can be their mentor"? (Funny that is the subject of this topic)

cvdestyfx:

I get the feeling you are talking about yourself but not realizing it. It's called invalidation. You should look it up.   

No thanks.

My feeling tells me that i am wasting my time.

Fabio Cavalloni:

Really are you sure that trading world turn around the concept "I know how to trade in a profitable way, I teach to you how to do it" and not about "the only way to earn money is illude people that I can be a profitable trader and I can be their mentor"? (Funny that is the subject of this topic)

You don't make any sense here. Try to sum it up in a short simple sentence.    

And for your information, there are winning strategies that have stood the test of time. Mostly because they don't rely on lagging indicators which give false signals, get people into trades too late, get people out of trades too late, and cause people to miss many trading opportunities. Few things really work in this space. Finding success in this space is all about understanding the connection between price and volume, money management, and overcoming your emotions (sticking to your rules).  

Marco vd Heijden:

No thanks.

My feeling tells me that i am wasting my time.

An Invalidator is a person who inadvertently exposes his own emotional shortcomings by projecting them onto others. For example, feeling like a failure for not being a consistently profitable trader and then telling another person he or she is destined for failure as a trader. That is something an Invalidator would do. 

Reason: