TickScalper EA - page 47

jackjones:
Thanks for the changes you have made.

3.55.7 in mode 8 had a few trades yesterday and all were ok. i was looking at mode 9 and I was wondering if the macd condition is just asking if the current macd signal bar is greater than the previous one. is that correct?

Also are the MA confirmations running off the TS MA's or are the MAs coming from the MA confirm parameters? its just after looking at the code it seems to me to come from the TS MA's .. as they are referenced as fastMA etc. whereas the other are MC_FastMA etc.

if (iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,4,1) < iCustom(NULL,macdtf,"averages MACD",Price,FastPeriod,SlowPeriod,SignalPeriod,Method,true,5,1)

&& (tClose < fastMA && fastMA < slowMA && slowMA < confMA1 && confMA1 < confMA2)) result = -mode;

Hi JackJones,

The macd in both modes is using macd greater or less than signal, the Ma confirmations are coming from Tick Smoother Fast and Slow Ma's greater or less than Close Price and each other, and the confirm Ma's are also included, in those 2 modes (8 & 9).

Oh I see there is something similar in the older version too. Nice to know it has a mode that might keep it working only on the current 'trend'.

Version #3.44

Version #3.44

The version 3.44 of TickScalper EA was created.

Please find on this post attached:

- settings.zip file - it is 5 kinds of the settings for this EA: risky, safe, more safe. more more safe, super more safe. Use Winrar https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173397/page11 to open archive. UnZip this archive and you will find 5 files inside. It is pre-set files for 5 kins of the settings to use. You can use 1 of the settings according to your choice.

- SpreadoMeter_v1 and TickSmoother_v2.1 are the indicators.

- TickScalper_v3.44 is EA.

- ts_3.44_forum.tpl is template.

Download all the files inside your computer. Unzip settings.zip file using Winrar. Finally - you will have 9 files (5 settings files/pre-set files, 2 indicators, 1 EA and 1 template file).

How to install

- Place 2 indicators in indicators folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK_1\experts\indicators). Compite those 2 inicator in MetaEditor (open MetaEditor, find tose 2 files by names in MetaEditor and compile presing respective button).

- Place 1 EA in expert folder of your Metatrader directory (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari UK_1\experts). Compite this EA in MetaEditor (open MetaEditor, find tose 2 files by names in MetaEditor and compile presin respective button).

- Place 5 pre-sent files onto 2 places: in presets folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\experts\presets) and in tester folder (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4\tester). How to use pre-set files and why we need them? Read this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

- Place template file - to template folder of your Metatrader directory (for example: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - Alpari\templates).

How to use

- open the chart M1 timeframe, right mouse click on the chart and load template (select the template by name: ts_3.44_forum);

- your chart should look like the chart from the first post of this thread. The only difference is the following: attached EA will be the version 3.44 (top right corner of the chart).

- double mouse click on EA on the chart (on smily face); or right mouse click on the EA on the chart an select - Expert Advisors - Properties; or just press F7. Settings/Inputs of the EA will be opened. Press 'Load' button and load one of the pre-sent files oif our choice. Press 'OK'.

EA is ready to use.

Timeframe and the pairs.

This EA is for M1 chart only. It should work well on EURGBP pair. Some other pair may work well (EURCHF for example).

General Settings.

Just want to remind aout what Igorad wrote on the first post of this thread:

This new EA has big number of different settings devided on 5 groups:

- Main

- Timing

- Sets for tick or fast MAs

- Sets for slow or confirmative MAs

- MM

All settings are in details described in the source code.

Just some important notes:

-if MainTimeFrame=-1 EA works in each tick mode, 0 - according to current TF, 1 - M1, 5-M5 and so on.

-if TS_TimeFrame=-1 EA'll calc tick MAs using TickSmoother indicator,

if TS_TimeFrame=1 - fast MAs for M1 and so on.

Also I wish to remind this EA can't be tested in MT4 tester in so-called tick mode(TS_TimeFrame=-1) but it can be tested for other TFs (ex.M1 or M5).

Martingale Settings.

This EA is working in case of martingale if

ExitMode =11 or 12. ExitMode = 11 is the following: last martingale order is having the profit which is the same with MGPips. ExitMode =12 is more flexible exit and we can use ProfitTargret to estimate the profit for open trades. Besides, ProfitMode can be 0 - Pips,1 - Profit(USD), 2 - Total Pips, 3 - Total Profit(USD).

Few words about the settings.

You have the following choice for the settings:

- risky

or

- safe

or

- more safe

or

- more more safe

or

- super more safe.

Risky settings - affected on deposit size by lot size.

Super more safe - affected on deposit size by leverage/margins (open trades are kept to be open for longer time with more bigger lot size).

New settings for FXCM (ECN/stp) is on this post.

That's all news.

===========

Update 28th of January 2012:

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA is on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA with default settings for moresafe and all the indicators are on this post.

Thanks for the code some ideas for the martigale part while we watch the performance of new code.

1) In the daily chart if we take the previous two higher highs and previous lower lows of the year and in between them we create two areas were the ea will open trades in one direction only. Example the area at between the highs the ea should open only short and in the area of lows it can open only long. This way we may escape getting caught in counter trend martigaling that can reach Max orders. Is it possible? Trade within range and at the exteme high and lows one way.

2) After orders > MaxRiskOrder then break even or some profit or SL.

Hi JackJones you mention that you run with ExitMode 10 and you are happy. What are the other settings you have. Default? I was very happy with Tickscalper until I saw the possibility of blowing the account in it's current form. Martigale is very atractive and distractive also.

nc!

Just an update coded(more like copy and pasted) an equity trailing stop that should only trigger if it is set to true and open trades equals maxorders, if working right the Ea will measure the account equity aganist current equity, if current equity is greater than account equity percentage then it will close all trades opened by this Ea, will post it once i confirm it works, got max trades set at 4 so shouldn't take long

nc!:

Hi JackJones you mention that you run with ExitMode 10 and you are happy. What are the other settings you have. Default? I was very happy with Tickscalper until I saw the possibility of blowing the account in it's current form. Martigale is very atractive and distractive also.

nc!

Yeah exit mode is 10. I have seen/had martingales die badly in the past and would rather not use them on live accounts for now. The can profit quick but lose just as fast . Yes my settings are fairly default other than that. I am trying mode 8 and 9 for MC_mode as i think 9 might not get many trades but I will see this week, 8 did ok last week, so playing it pretty safe really, no trades so far today with either mode though. I'm only live on eur/gbp. I am demoing on aud/cad, eur/cad and a few others at the moment to see if they might work but bigger spreads arent much help ..

New tickscalper (31 dollars for 1 and half a day):

Files:

newdigital:
New tickscalper (31 dollars for 1 and half a day):

mc mode 8 or 9? I've had 8 and 9 running for two days now with v .77 and no trades .. mc_mode less than 8 have traded though.

more safe settings. Same as for previous 3.44 version.

I will make 2 posts about it now.

jackjones:
mc mode 8 or 9? I've had 8 and 9 running for two days now with v .77 and no trades .. mc_mode less than 8 have traded though.

default. MC_Mode 3 as I remember.

I did not change anything concerning this new indicator (i am keeping it by default one so it means - coder's suggestion). I just change any settinhs related to "moresafe" settings. Others - by default ones.

Reason: