Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 82

bshcom:
this just show me that you have not read the thread or you are just a lazy person,if you read the last 20 pages you will see that i posted indis and tempplate +a video

Extremly sorry for my post, i did try to delete but can't find any link to delete this post after i realise that i already download your one. Sorry again.

Anyway, today when i came back home and try your template but got some error....

I will post that soon after trying myself to resolve that....

sorry again

deshi

backtesting renko with wick

I started backtesting, but it is rather useless when you cannot simulate the wicks, as with version 1.6 of the script.

Question about backtesting with wicks:

Is it possible only with the commercial script?

camisa:
i'm having a problem with renko charts...

whenever I reapply the renko script my indicators change past values, candles appear different etc.

so preparing a strategy based on signals given by indicators in the past seems useless?

Look at attached charts of Aud 5 pip renko:

After reapplying the renko script I have much more bars!

They don't even look remotely the same which I am sure they are. What Renko program are you using?

kiasom:
I started backtesting, but it is rather useless when you cannot simulate the wicks, as with version 1.6 of the script.

Question about backtesting with wicks:

Is it possible only with the commercial script?

V3.2 has wicks. User specified.

byculla:
V3.2 has wicks. User specified.

Yes, I know.

But in backtesting, you cannot use the EA. You have to use the script (ver 1.6), and the script doesn't have any wicks...

what do you mean by wicks?

I used Renkoashi_script, now I changed to RenkoLiveChart_v1.6

lordsfxt:
First open the desired currency 5min chart.. and turn off auto-scroll, then scroll back all the way to January 1 2009 or more. Then load the indicator input your pip size and your time-frame. I do not really know if it freeze or not since i have a very fast configured pc, i even have a radeon graphics card with 1gb ddr5 of video ram. But indicator version seems to load a bit faster than script version.

After a lot of trading on renko i have found that using 2 renko charts, Like a 10pip renko on 10min offline & 50pip renko on a 50min offline is the best for manually making pips. 50pip renko will show you the major trends and 10pip renko will show you the minor trends, when major & minor trends both match. enter the trade.

The best pairs for renko are GBP pairs, because they trend heavily and best suited rather than using eurusd that mostly a scalping pair, it need a trending pair to work at its best like gbp.

From all my attempts, ive realized that using renko for scalping purposes isnt that great, because renko is a trend following chart not a scalping system.

You mean from "thousands of pips per week" and "I have hope this will be my system for life" to "this isn't a scalping system?" Any chance you could tell us what happened between these two posts? Obviously you lost your shorts trying to trade the way that initially gave you thousands of pips per week.

wicks now working in script

I looked at the code of RenkoLiveChart 3.2, and decided to try to implement the wicks also in the script version 1.6.

It seems to work all right.

I put version nr 1.7 for the new variant with wicks.

Files:

camisa:
what do you mean by wicks? ...

You can check the links in the included pdf. They are made by the signature michal.

As you see, backtesting without wicks makes no sense at all.

Files:

Anybody ever hear from Mr. Nims after he posted on the first page?

Reason: