Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 77

bnbb2004:
I have the same issue w/the sfractal indy.

by the nature of how renko bars paint, a bar has to make 1 bar higher price move to close previous bar which is when the fractal signals. You have to abide by this rule if you are doing any visual backtests. for example mark the candle of your signal but use the open price of next candle for computing results, same for your exit signal. this is the only accurate way to calculate trades, not all close candles work against you some are better.

run the simulator to get feel of it. and you will see you have to wait for a bar close to get consistency in your testing and trading. Hope this helps

EurUsd scalp

Here is my version of the original method Mr.Nimms introduced at the beginning of this thread.

Eu, Renko chart with default settings ( 5 pipbar)

Primary filter is Momentum (16) with levels 100.0675, 99.9325 and 100

I add sfractal and fractal S&R to alert and show levels on chart as visual aid.

Entry:

sfractal alert, ha candle close color of direction intended, momentum above upper level for long, below lower level for shorts

-Exit hit tp of 8-10 pips or stop of close candle of opposite color (7 -12 pips )

results I come up with are 7-8 out of 10 successful trades.

also working on uJ to see if similar results are poss.

Does mr.nims system have a alert system that will send you an email rather than a sound and pop up?

thanks

bnbb2004:
Hi Robp440! Could you please post a screenshot of how you're using the system on G/J? What do you mean by 15 tick? Also, what are your settings?

Here is the GY 15tickbar chart I have been using while working on Eu scalp.

Even after taking some whips you still avg out pretty far ahead. this could be made into an EA or at least have a script manage the exit, If i could code i would but have to leave that to those that can.

Files:
15tickbargy.gif  23 kb

robp440:
Here is my version of the original method Mr.Nimms introduced at the beginning of this thread.

Eu, Renko chart with default settings ( 5 pipbar)

Primary filter is Momentum (16) with levels 100.0675, 99.9325 and 100

I add sfractal and fractal S&R to alert and show levels on chart as visual aid.

Entry:

sfractal alert, ha candle close color of direction intended, momentum above upper level for long, below lower level for shorts

-Exit hit tp of 8-10 pips or stop of close candle of opposite color (7 -12 pips )

results I come up with are 7-8 out of 10 successful trades.

also working on uJ to see if similar results are poss.

can you repost your tpl it wont allow any downloads!!!

robp440:
Here is the GY 15tickbar chart I have been using while working on Eu scalp. Even after taking some whips you still avg out pretty far ahead. this could be made into an EA or at least have a script manage the exit, If i could code i would but have to leave that to those that can.

Hi Rob!

It says the image is still pending approval. If you'd like to send it to me via email, please do so and I'll post it here in the forum. Just pm me.

No privileges yet?

Sorry guys I cannot pm and have not been approved yet on attachments. I have sent msg to forum help do not know how long it will take.

Also to add to EU scalp thread, so far this is the only pair I have been able to stay consistent on, which is odd for me since I rarely trade it. Did some work on UJ and GU, neither worked well for me in this scalp method. When you can access it let me know how you do.

it take forever for approval

template please

lordsfxt:
MACD fast 10periods, slow 20 periods and signal line 5. looks great on 10pip box chart. Also a signal arrow on chart for macd attached

Any chance of sharing this template please.

hi robp440, i suggest adding macd(10,20,5) as filter also, lordsfxt found this work wells at 5 pips block.

Reason: