Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 42

bnbb2004:
Lordsfxt, Have you tried any of the EA's posted on this thread yet? The reason I ask is because you are having much success with the original script via manual trade and I wondered if you were able to judge any of the ea's performance based on the same method you're using manually.

I tried a couple of them, but why bother with the EA when manually trading GBPUSD itself makes me 500-1000+ pips every week

BTW, im testing another variation of trading renko. apart from trend trading, which seems more promising in terms of making pips as a second strategy, will keep you posted about the second strategy after im done testing at the end of the week.

lordsfxt:
Hi Masps, I think you are using renko bar pip size too small like 1-5pip bars, if you use 1pip renko, might as well trade the 1-5min regular chart itself, because if a 1minute candle would move 5-10pips in 2 seconds you would really not have a trade condition there. Plus broker feed varies by 1-5pip on different platforms, So its advisable you check the charts on at-least 10pip or more bars. The whole aim of using renko was to filter the noise, but if u use 1-5pip renko bars, its going to be more noise than the time-frame chart itself.

No, I am not using the 1min chart to trade from it even though the renko bars with 1 pip setting will filter a lot the regular 1 min candle chart. I was using it just for testing to see if those scripts repaint or not as it is easier to find out looking at 1 pip renko chart that to a 50 pips renko chart.

lordsfxt:
I tried a couple of them, but why bother with the EA when manually trading GBPUSD itself makes me 500-1000+ pips every week BTW, im testing another variation of trading renko. apart from trend trading, which seems more promising in terms of making pips as a second strategy, will keep you posted about the second strategy after im done testing at the end of the week.

Hi

Another problems are whenerver i want to trade with 2 pairs with EA and script ,only platform open opstion one not 2 positions how can we solve this problem.

Kaveh

kaveh:
Hi

Another problems are whenerver i want to trade with 2 pairs with EA and script ,only platform open opstion one not 2 positions how can we solve this problem.

Kaveh

which EA are you using?

kaveh:
Hi

Kaveh

Hi Kaveh, I'm not programmer and I am not using any kind of EA too anymore.

masps:
which EA are you using?

Hi-low EA with 50mins and 20pips setup .

lordsfxt:
Hi Kaveh, I'm not programmer and I am not using any kind of EA too anymore.

Why the broker accept only one pairs?

masps:
No, I am not using the 1min chart to trade from it even though the renko bars with 1 pip setting will filter a lot the regular 1 min candle chart. I was using it just for testing to see if those scripts repaint or not as it is easier to find out looking at 1 pip renko chart that to a 50 pips renko chart.

I do not understand how a 1pip renko filter a regular 1min candle chart, Almost every 1min candle is moving 5 or 10 pips up and down every 60 seconds, so you are going to see 100 1-pip renko per minute, plus covering 2-4pip spread on euro or gbp and plus if some 1min candle move 10pip in 1-2 second, do not really know how you can trade.

Plus such a short 1-pip renko chart will be too short a data to be consider reliable, its as good as a watching a tick chart.

Anyways i did play a bit with the hi-lo ea just to test it... strategy tester wasnt rozy, even with 0.10 lot it brought 10,000 down to 0. I stopped bothering about it right there.

Goodluck, Please if you can find a regular Fractal EA which buy or sell on Fractal indicator signal., I think it would work good on a 10pip renko bar. Just a thought... There is a lot of scope for this, must research more to find the holy grail

lordsfxt:
I do not understand how a 1pip renko filter a regular 1min candle chart, Almost every 1min candle is moving 5 or 10 pips up and down every 60 seconds, so you are going to see 100 1-pip renko per minute, plus covering 2-4pip spread on euro or gbp and plus if some 1min candle move 10pip in 1-2 second, do not really know how you can trade.

Plus such a short 1-pip renko chart will be too short a data to be consider reliable, its as good as a watching a tick chart.

Anyways i did play a bit with the hi-lo ea just to test it... strategy tester wasnt rozy, even with 0.10 lot it brought 10,000 down to 0. I stopped bothering about it right there.

Goodluck, Please if you can find a regular Fractal EA which buy or sell on Fractal indicator signal., I think it would work good on a 10pip renko bar. Just a thought... There is a lot of scope for this, must research more to find the holy grail

As I said, I am not trading on a 1 pip renko bar, I still don't know which size to use or which strategy to use, I am just testing. But if I would trade that size, that depend only from the trader. There are people who like to trade on charts that move fast (like me) and other traders (maybe like you) would like something that doesn't move too fast. And the pair I am watching is eurusd that doesn't move that amount of pips in 1 min, sometime in 2 or 3 min the chart has't moved at all. But gbp I know it moves very fast.

And yes, that EA doesn't seem profitable when used with renko bars. The first time I tested it gave me great results because I tested with the RenkoLiveChartv1.3 that repaint past history big time and everything look right and smoothly but when I tested with the v1.6 script the result was 0 as you said.

I don't have any fractal EA, just a fractal zigzag and a fractal channel indicator. If I fount one I will post it.

kaveh:
Hi-low EA with 50mins and 20pips setup .

You are lucky if is opening at least for you in one pair, because for me it doesn't open in an offline chart at all. I think it would depend of which script you are using to get your offline charts because I noticed it will open trades with some scripts and with other it won't. It could also be that the EA doesn't have magic number and it will conflicts with other EAs/scripts you might have open.

I am using the v1.6a script version and that EA don't open for me any trades. Also I did backtest that EA using that script and it wasn't profitable.

Reason: