Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1890

Well there will be no 1.0500 testing today. US data came in a moment when the long term bearish channel support bounced the price back - now it looks like 1.0700 is a probable next target

searchingFX:
Well there will be no 1.0500 testing today. US data came in a moment when the long term bearish channel support bounced the price back - now it looks like 1.0700 is a probable next target

Looks like you were right

And this morning it looked quite the opposite - with a little help of hfts, it can even break 1.0700

searchingFX:

Well it hit 1.0700. It resisted - for now. Tomorrow will be an interesting day

nbtrading:
Well it hit 1.0700. It resisted - for now. Tomorrow will be an interesting day

Indeed - IMF that cut forecast for US and raised forecast for EU have placed Greece (which is about to default) at the first place of forecasted GDP growth.

When traders stop laughing tomorrow at the stupidity IMF did today (and which was the cause for EURUSD rate change) we shall see some interesting things

Lagarde must be using some of the Strauss-Kahn medicine to make a "forecast" like that. At least they did not forecast that Ukraine will be the fastest growing

I was hoping that EUR/USD would reach the support at 1.0470 and then break below it, continuing on its way to parity but the pair formed a spinning top candlestick at the support at 1.0520 and started climbing again. It looks like the consolidation will continue for a while longer. I think the pair will continue climbing until it reaches 1.1000 again, or perhaps even 1.1200.

EUR/USD gained more then 100 pip seen in the 4H chart but i am supporting the idea of being a small correction no more, because the trend is clearly bearish.

Guys, don't forget that tomorrow it is another ECB press conference

And now a break bellow 1.06000 and the IMF nonsense will have the role it deserved to have : none.

ECB press conference is what will drive price changes today

Currently uptrend should end around 1.0681 - 1.0731 area. A correction down to 1.0593 - 1.0555 is expected. A rise above 1.0807 will abort the expected correction.

Reason: