Eurusd/gbpusd - page 159

egkid:
I still short, Anyone what this pattern and how strong it is?

An interesting pattern! How did you create it?

firscall:
An interesting pattern! How did you create it?

hi guys!!!! whats going on today then?!?! did i miss much? just had a great day out with the family....was nice to have a break to be honest.

how'd you all do today? green pips i hope?

Gaz

Gazmeistergeneral:
hi guys!!!! whats going on today then?!?! did i miss much? just had a great day out with the family....was nice to have a break to be honest.

how'd you all do today? green pips i hope?

Gaz

Hi,

I hope you enjoy the day with the Fam.

Green pips but not many of them...spent most of the day battling against 'Option Time Value'!

firscall:
Hi,

Green pips but not many of them...spent most of the day battling against 'Option Time Value'!

cheers mate, yeah was great day!!

OTV, that is deff a killa!!!! I hear boll bands are a good indicator to use when trading options. do you use them?

Gaz

firscall:
Hi,

just checked out the charts for the first time today....they are what some would call 'flat as a fart'!! lol my edge would have done ok today - divergence at R1 played out nicely....(on GU that is)........EU chart is strange to say the least....I couldn't have chosen a better day to have off!!

Gazmeistergeneral:
cheers mate, yeah was great day!!

OTV, that is deff a killa!!!! I hear boll bands are a good indicator to use when trading options. do you use them?

Gaz

No but I'll have a look. Time value was a ***** today. I'm just having a look at ZUP. I don't use it but what an outstanding piece of programming.

firscall:
No but I'll have a look. Time value was a ***** today. I'm just having a look at ZUP. I don't use it but what an outstanding piece of programming.

mate you are so right about zup!!!! i've taken SO MANY pips the last few weeks that although were not made with harmonics alone, the zup made pulling the trigger much more easy!!!! let me down Monday but that is literally the first time in weeks....anyway, no edge is 100% right? if the zup confirms with my other indies (fibs, pivots, trix and macd histo) then I wont hesitate in pulling the trigger...risk reward is great. I will only take position at top of range with will also usually be in agreement with pivots so can use tight SL - RR is usually 3:1 which I am more then happy with. i'm finding that I bank between 40 and 60 pips on first lot then 60 - 90 on 2nd - could go for more but not being greedy. must have taken AGES to programme.

Gaz

Gazmeistergeneral:
mate you are so right about zup!!!! i've taken SO MANY pips the last few weeks that although were not made with harmonics alone, the zup made pulling the trigger much more easy!!!! let me down Monday but that is literally the first time in weeks....anyway, no edge is 100% right? if the zup confirms with my other indies (fibs, pivots, trix and macd histo) then I wont hesitate in pulling the trigger...risk reward is great. I will only take position at top of range with will also usually be in agreement with pivots so can use tight SL - RR is usually 3:1 which I am more then happy with. i'm finding that I bank between 40 and 60 pips on first lot then 60 - 90 on 2nd - could go for more but not being greedy. must have taken AGES to programme. Gaz

Impressive! Did you share your edge with Rich1?

firscall:
Impressive! Did you share your edge with Rich1?

yep, sure did mate. don't know how he's getting on with it tho as I've not spoken to him recently - hopefully hes doing well. thing is that it is a simple strategy that I think new guys will find hard to follow as most people look for a 'super indicator' (i kno i did) which as we know does not exist. my main weapon is pivots....I use normal pivots with fib pivots overlayed....I look out for pa to be in the over sold/over bought region R2 R3 min, then look at what fib/pivot (the best overlap) will pose strong support/resistence - I then check out 1hr tf and zoom out to get big picture idea and also run zup on this tf and 15min tf....don't bother running it on 5m as too noisy....i look at 5min now for entry only once bigger tfs have given me ideas....I look for zup confirmation coupled with trix (thv) mtf and macd histo divergence at the important pivot/fib leves and look to enter right at the fib/pivot level. targets are usually points that agree with the 1hr zup pattern targets (mid and lower pattern) OR I aim for the next pivot to TP and move stop to BE....stops seem to be between 15 and 20 pips for me these days and no more....I tend to make 1 trade a day now which i'm thinking of sticking to as I find that days where my edge does not work....it means that a damn strong trend is in force so i'll take the small hit then and leave it for the day.

thats all I do....

Gaz

Gazmeistergeneral:
yep, sure did mate. don't know how he's getting on with it tho as I've not spoken to him recently - hopefully hes doing well. thing is that it is a simple strategy that I think new guys will find hard to follow as most people look for a 'super indicator' (i kno i did) which as we know does not exist. my main weapon is pivots....I use normal pivots with fib pivots overlayed....I look out for pa to be in the over sold/over bought region R2 R3 min, then look at what fib/pivot (the best overlap) will pose strong support/resistence - I then check out 1hr tf and zoom out to get big picture idea and also run zup on this tf and 15min tf....don't bother running it on 5m as too noisy....i look at 5min now for entry only once bigger tfs have given me ideas....I look for zup confirmation coupled with trix (thv) mtf and macd histo divergence at the important pivot/fib leves and look to enter right at the fib/pivot level. targets are usually points that agree with the 1hr zup pattern targets (mid and lower pattern) OR I aim for the next pivot to TP and move stop to BE....stops seem to be between 15 and 20 pips for me these days and no more....I tend to make 1 trade a day now which i'm thinking of sticking to as I find that days where my edge does not work....it means that a damn strong trend is in force so i'll take the small hit then and leave it for the day.

thats all I do....

Gaz

Interesting. Do you use the THV Fib pivot levels?

Reason: