Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 9

First of all, thanks everyone for being so generous and sharing your experiences.

I have now switched all of my 3 accounts to the stoch version of Blessing since the start of the week. DD does seem lower but will have to see how things go over the next couple of months. Will update how things go.

By the way, I am using the 4 pairs recommended by HolyGuy.

holyguy7:
Good Question!

Blessing 2 Standard is on H4 timeframe on all pairs but USDJPY (D1)

Blessing 2 with Stoch are all on H1 timeframe.

By the way, Draw Down is much lower and profit is higher with Stoch version than standard. That even includes pairs that both trade EURUSD and USDJPY. Both those pairs have lower DD and higher profit than the regular Blessing 2.

I believe this version is as close to Holy Grail trading as you can get. Enjoy and make money.

blessing2 with Stoch

holyguy7:
Good Question!

Blessing 2 Standard is on H4 timeframe on all pairs but USDJPY (D1)

Blessing 2 with Stoch are all on H1 timeframe.

By the way, Draw Down is much lower and profit is higher with Stoch version than standard. That even includes pairs that both trade EURUSD and USDJPY. Both those pairs have lower DD and higher profit than the regular Blessing 2.

I believe this version is as close to Holy Grail trading as you can get. Enjoy and make money.

Hi Holyguy

I gues blessing2 with stoch is best with IBFX because on FXDD, it keeps crashing the account with strategy tester. I started with 3kUSD on EURUSD only and on micro account but at the end it keeps crashing it. Please what is the safest amount to use on FXDD. The pip value of micro account with FXDD is 10cent and that of IBFX is 1cent. Please can you elaborate more on this as any amount keep crashing the account.

sb78:
Hi Holyguy I gues blessing2 with stoch is best with IBFX because on FXDD, it keeps crashing the account with strategy tester. I started with 3kUSD on EURUSD only and on micro account but at the end it keeps crashing it. Please what is the safest amount to use on FXDD. The pip value of micro account with FXDD is 10cent and that of IBFX is 1cent. Please can you elaborate more on this as any amount keep crashing the account.

$3K is only enough to trade one pair on FXDD with 10-cent

pips. IBFX, with its 1-cent pips, will give you more choices.

Rob

ChicagoRob:
$3K is only enough to trade one pair on FXDD with 10-cent

pips. IBFX, with its 1-cent pips, will give you more choices.

Rob

With FXDD you have 10 times of the micro lot on IBFX (0.01)

So you need to use your Balance on FXDD times 10 [3000 X 10 = 30,000]

In order to have the same results or very close to the results on IBFX

epmfx

Backtests

Hi guys,

first, thanks for share your ideas, good job here

but i see than nobody made and published backtests on this version, i am happy to see good forwards, but that's not enough for me, can't determinate to go live if I have not backtested before.

am I right ?

cheers

Greg

gregart:
Hi guys,

first, thanks for share your ideas, good job here

but i see than nobody made and published backtests on this version, i am happy to see good forwards, but that's not enough for me, can't determinate to go live if I have not backtested before.

am I right ?

cheers

Greg

Greg,

I Take Forward Test everytime over Backtest as it is the closest you will get to a live account.

Backtest is good for optimizing and you cover a long period of time, but i dont make the decision to go live on a Backtest.

I rather see my account Blow on Forward test OR see my account grow for at least 6 months of trading on Demo.

If you have a 90% Backtest with micro lots it would be nice to see it, pls post it here.

Here is my 9 Days of trading with 12 pairs, max DD = 4.5%

Have a great Weekend!

epmfx

go live

epmfx,

you 're certainly right for test in demo for 6 month before go live, but that need more time an market conditions ever change.

for me the results of backtests give me only one information, if it can't make profit with small DD with a set, I know than this set is not good and look for another.

I have begin backtests on this Bless with stoch and will post results when ready.

cheers

Greg

Hedge Idea

Hi All,

Just a thought, this will only apply to UK brokers who still allow hedging, but what about running two instances of Blessing on the same pair - one set to Only Long and the other to Only Short.

My thinking is that when Blessing gets caught in a trend going the wrong way, the other side will eventually kick in and follow the trend and make some $ while we're waiting for the trend to retrace.

E.g. If the pair suddenly starts a long trend and Blessing thinks it is still Short, the 'Short' version will get caught in this trend going the wrong way. Eventually Blessing will decide that now is a good time to go Long, so the 'Long' version will then kick in while the 'Short' version is still waiting for the retrace.

Obviously its not a 100% hedge since it will be increasing lot sizes far more on the one caught against the trend, but in theory it should should help with DD and add a few extra $.

Thoughts anyone?

jepm thank you for your contribution in this ...

could you please post the set files that you use on the 6 pairs because on the blessing thread there are many updated ones.

Thanks

jepm:
alphonso,

These are the six pairs i used :

EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, AUSUSD, EURGBP, USDCAD

All Default settings, only set "Portion = 6" [for six pairs] Time Frame is H1

Try it on Demo, i havent had a grid level greater than 8th so all my trades have Retraced back to make a profit.

good luck with your tests,

epmfx

Hi Jepm,

I'm starting a demo test on a $7000 account with 10 pairs using the 'Blessing-2-v5.2 with StochasticMOD3'. I used the six pairs that you've listed plus a few others that were mentioned in the thread. I wasn't sure what the 12 pair were that you and others had tested, so feel free to make reccomendations concerning my list below.

I set the Portion = 10, the MM=false, lot size to .1, multiplier to 1.1, Equity protection=true, Float Percent=50.0, Stoch=true.

EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, EURGBP, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, CHFJPY, EURJPY, USDCAD, EURCHF

Does this look like a reasonable setup?

Reason: