Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 12

i have made a little hack of code

my idea is very simple

i add a Fast MA

start to trade IF

stoch is ok ( > 20 and < 80 )

ma (to open buy or sell) (ma 100 for example)

fast ma for confirmation (ma 25 for example)

if ma and fast ma give opposite signal do nothing

whit my backtest seems more "safe"

thanks

jepm i think teknoesen is right about what he said regarding autocal

the 1440 is for the usdjpy to be used on D1 that is if u divide the 1440 by 24 (hours daily) you will have 60.

so i think that as long as we are working on h1 teknoesen is right it should be 60 minutes.

anyone's input is highly appreciated also.

thanks

alphonso555:

the 1440 is for the usdjpy to be used on D1 that is if u divide the 1440 by 24 (hours daily) you will have 60.

so i think that as long as we are working on h1 teknoesen is right it should be 60 minutes.

thanks

WRONG

should better keep 1440

its nothing to do with tf you chose to run the ea on

it's used to determine the ATR

run some backtests and you'll see how it affects results and dd

alphonso555:

thanks

I agree with Alex, the 1440 has to do with the ATR calculation and it is expressed in seconds, that is 24 minutes.

Cheers,

epmfx

jepm:
I agree with Alex, the 1440 has to do with the ATR calculation and it is expressed in seconds, that is 24 minutes.

Cheers,

epmfx

hello All,

Is anyone actually using the EA on a live account. what is the out come like.

How safe can we go?

I'm all for finding safer way to trade with Blessing, but I do wonder whether this path to safety might lead to a point where the EA is so safe that it doesn't trade anymore

viptel:
my idea is very simple

i add a Fast MA

start to trade IF

stoch is ok ( > 20 and < 80 )

ma (to open buy or sell) (ma 100 for example)

fast ma for confirmation (ma 25 for example)

if ma and fast ma give opposite signal do nothing

whit my backtest seems more "safe"

thanks

pudseybear:
I'm all for finding safer way to trade with Blessing, but I do wonder whether this path to safety might lead to a point where the EA is so safe that it doesn't trade anymore

try mod3 and mod4

usd/cad last 2 months

and see what i mean

viptel:
try mod3 and mod4

usd/cad last 2 months

and see what i mean

I agree that safer is better. Can you give us some comparison backtests of both versions so we can compare Max Draw Down and Profits?

Thanks

I've runs backtest for MOD3 & MOD4 and here are the result.

Pair : EURUSD

TF : H1

Duration : January till today.

setting : MM = false (the rest all default)

not quite understand what happened in the end. it seems for MOD3, the balance suddenly drop in May, and for MOD4, the balance suddenly drop in June.

can anybody explain?

basket trade

mynes:
I've runs backtest for MOD3 & MOD4 and here are the result.

Pair : EURUSD

TF : H1

Duration : January till today.

setting : MM = false (the rest all default)

not quite understand what happened in the end. it seems for MOD3, the balance suddenly drop in May, and for MOD4, the balance suddenly drop in June.

can anybody explain?

This is what a martingale expert chart typically looks like; a long series of steady gains then one maxed out closure of all positions that either takes a major bite out of the balance or closes the account. On the statement the final closure is of 11 positions that run from .01 to .41 in lot size.

The significant benefit of the basket trading of a group of 6-12 pairs, is that the inevitable failure of one maxed out pair, rather than representing 50% of the balance, only amounts to 1/12th, or 1/24th of the balance. And the account lives on to trade another day.......

Reason: