Blessing 2 - page 162

Is any one truly using this Blessing EA on a Live account.

Hi ALL,

is anyone actually using this blessing EA on a Live account and what are the major disadvantage. i just came across it and i am even just back testing V3.4 on EURUSD and to me, it seams that a pretty good system is one is not greedy. Please i need to know what the weaknesses of this system on a live account.

i dont remember and i didnt keep statments

but it was on micro lots and 5000 usd balance test

alex84:
i dont remember and i didnt keep statments but it was on micro lots and 5000 usd balance test

OH, ok, wow

Thanks for your help...

epmfx

kgm:
Hi ALL, is anyone actually using this blessing EA on a Live account and what are the major disadvantage. i just came across it and i am even just back testing V3.4 on EURUSD and to me, it seams that a pretty good system is one is not greedy. Please i need to know what the weaknesses of this system on a live account.

Hi kgm

I just came across Blessing about 2 months ago but i am not ready to go live, some of the guys here have been testing much longer.

epmfx

Stoch

nazmul:
Jepm, thank you for sharing your stoch version of Blessing. It really has made a big difference to my well being

I was on drawdown of over 30% when i reached level 12 on USDCAD couple of weeks back. And as holyguy7 mentioned, that trade was open for more than a month before the retrace. And there was the AUDCAD trade that went to level 12 just before that. Crazy month and a half.

I have enabled blessing on 7 pairs and currently there are open trades on 4 pairs.

No problem nazmul, i hope you will get less DD with Stoch, i have 2 months of Forward Testing (i know is not enough ) and the EA has it the 9th level only once.

but did anyone run backtests on this stoch version ? if you do so you'll see you still can hit ep with it.

Alex,

Did you backtest with micro lots ? How long was your test ? What pair did you use? How long before the EP activated?

I am very curious to see your statement it would be a great help, could you post it? and your set file, pls.

I am sure the EA will hit the Equity Protection sooner or later, but using "Portion = " makes the EA safer because you essentially divides your Balance between the pairs.

And you can only Backtest one pair at a time.

Thanks,

epmfx

jepm:
OH, ok, wow

Thanks for your help...

epmfx

oh btw i meant micro lots on gomarket which is 10 cents pip

alex84:
oh btw i meant micro lots on gomarket which is 10 cents pip

Not exactly micro lot is it.

To trade with 0.10 cents you need a Balance of $50,000 to get the same results as a 0.01 cent with $5,000

Cheers,

epmfx

jepm:
Hi kgm

I just came across Blessing about 2 months ago but i am not ready to go live, some of the guys here have been testing much longer.

epmfx

hello, i am really curious about all of this, what is the real fear with this system on a live account. The reason why technical analysis work is because of the fact that the patterns in the market repeat themselves, and so if when doing a back test the system was successful, why do you need to forward test for so long before going live. i just want to understand.

kgm:
hello, i am really curious about all of this, what is the real fear with this system on a live account. The reason why technical analysis work is because of the fact that the patterns in the market repeat themselves, and so if when doing a back test the system was successful, why do you need to forward test for so long before going live. i just want to understand.

because backtests are not reliable enough even if you get 90% quality

alex84:
because backtests are not reliable enough even if you get 90% quality

It's a problem with MT and why I rewrite all EAs I consider to Tradestation and test properly. Really helps your trading to be able to accurately test any EA with every tick for the last two years in a few seconds. In my experience 100% accurate.

Problems are accurately reflecting the MT EA in TS and being limited to Gain feed.

Sorry if this seems an advert for TS, just that testing in MT really sucks. TS is no good for automated trading FX, the strength of MT.

Knoxy

Reason: