Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 31

seank:
what is the difference between Mod3, mod4 and 5.2 ?

I am running MOD3 without stoch is this identical to 5.2 ?

I have been trying to back test EURGBP on 4h and 1H on FXDD ..both do well and the crash in August. Is this a glitch ?

Those crashes I believe are the reason why people trade several pairs at a time, so they "average out" and you realize a small gain monthly. I too noticed those and that was why I went searching for a solution because I did like this EA. I found the 5 min charts are better, however I still got some crash in almost every pair except the EURCHF. So no, not a glitch [please correct me if I'm wrong board].

-that's my .02 bud ~

Chart

Walk'n the charts...

The 5 min settings are looking very good IMO. Uptrends, downtrends etc.

Have a look!

Chart ~

Starting at 10/01/08 on EU and GU, we crash the account on 10/22/08 with the five min settings on Mod4. Ranging and non US pairs probably did better during that time. I've tested both EC and EG now, and both muscled through the same time frame. Still checking the other recommended pairs.

theleviathan:
Starting at 10/01/08 on EU and GU, we crash the account on 10/22/08 with the five min settings on Mod4. Ranging and non US pairs probably did better during that time. I've tested both EC and EG now, and both muscled through the same time frame. Still checking the other recommended pairs.

Nice work!!

And the EUR/CHF [which is the only pair that I use] that one did ok you said already right? I gotta double check. That was the only pair that didn't crash in my backtesting, but I only went back 6 months, not to the 2008 trouble spots. So I'm ALL EARS Lev!!!

And "Mod 4" which one was that by name please just so I can be SURE we are on the SAME PAGE

Nice work Lev,

Chart

Hey, I'm just glad to help You deserve the credit for the optimized settings bro. I'm no good at it personally.

Mod4 is one of the versions of this EA posted by Viptel on page 12. The download link is here: https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/62/blessing_2_v5.2_withstochasticmod4.mq4

EC went right through October. it was a bumpy ride, but it made it

The reason I targeted the troublespots first for testing was simply that I agree with you. If you can optimize the "golden" spots out, everything else is just gravy. A test of these settings from 10/1/08 until today is all smooth sailing. It's when the market hits the crazy swings that this EA gets into trouble. If you can make it past those, you're good the rest of the time.

Bear in mind, I'm using Alpari UK to test. You may get different results with a different broker.

I ran a test on EG during the same time frame and sadly we hit a snag on 12/8....She crashed and burned. So, these settings seem to hold up well on EC (like you said, that's what you looked at first) but EG will need a bit of love yet.

Here's a question for people that have been in Forex longer than myself....Aside from last October, what was one of the worst market spots we've had?

eur/chf chart

although it looks good

but volatility seldom overcome pip -spread (not much volatility in eur/gbp and eur/chf these day)

Update:

Going to try the 1 min settings during these timeframes and see what we get. My system takes about 40 minutes to run a 1 year test with this EA (baring a EP strike) so I may not have results to post until I get home this evening.

Last minute update. Bad spot in march around the 1st to 16th this year that needs addressed.

xx3xxx:
eur/chf chart

although it looks good

but volatility seldom overcome pip -spread (not much volatility in eur/gbp and eur/chf these day)

Right on ~

In a 1 min chart with EUR/CHF with its bigger spreads I don't think it will work, BUT with a different version that was more aggresive like what ganapati was talking about it might work if we could run it on EUR/USD. That was my thinking and would take about a month to scan throughly and that's why I'm not doing that. I have my hands full trying to nail down this 5 min in the EUR/CHF. I'm hoping that it will all work out for u$....

But I think if one tries for a serious 1 min system it will have to be done on the EUR/USD because of the low spreads and whipsaws. But that's a dangerous pair. She can be a MEAN little woman!!

If for some reason we can't find profit in the 5 min chart of EUR/CHF then we'll just have to bump it up to the 15 min chart. But that will mean bigger DD's hence more RISK. But there are alot of commercial EA's that use the 15 min, so if anyone is experimenting with the SPREADS of the 5 min charts and has data that supports us moving to a 15 min chart because of EURCHF's spread, please share.

But that would be a shame, Blessing looks good trading the 5 min, did you see those five "family pics" I posted lol ~

Seemed unstoppable!!!

Hmmm....

I wonder what broker has the lowest spread for the EUR/CHF??? I think we should look at that too, and even what times do the spreads drop, because they bounce up and down. Then maybe just run it at those times. "?"

I would GUESS that between 10pm GMT to 9 am GMT would be good because of the Europe and America's markets being closed, so it would slow down some.

Seems logical huh..... "?"

Anyone?...

We're making progress

Later Board!

Chart ~

15 min chart pics

I had to settle my mind about "spreads" so I ran "1" test on the 15 min chart and look what I got! So now I feel GREAT again about what I'm doing sticking with the EUR/CHF either on the 5 min or the 15. One way or the other this is gonna happen IMO.

Chart ~

chartwalker:
I had to settle my mind about "spreads" so I ran "1" test on the 15 min chart and look what I got! So now I feel GREAT again about what I'm doing sticking with the EUR/CHF either on the 5 min or the 15. One way or the other this is gonna happen IMO. Chart ~

Great work, chartwalker. That's about the best equity curve I've ever seen.

Rob

Reason: