Blessing 2 v5.2 with Stochastic Indicator - page 11

Initial Balance

alex84:
The initial balance parameter is just used so the ea stops trading if your account balance becomes lower than this initial balance.

Ea uses real account balance to trade, so if you set a lower initial balance it wont affect trading

if your account starts with a loss then it could stop trading if you entered initial balance same as your real initial balance

Alex,

So its actually an account shutdown trading balance level? Thanks, good to know. So after the popup warnings come up, eventually it closes all open trades?

How does it function differently than the MM Float level? From reading the thread it seemed this was the function that would shut down individual trades if the current draw down went below a set percentage of the portion amount.

Is the "Initial (Final !) Balance" level a master control for the whole account, and the MM Float percentage only controls individual trading pairs?

marketjouster:
Alex,

So its actually an account shutdown trading balance level? Thanks, good to know. So after the popup warnings come up, eventually it closes all open trades?

How does it function differently than the MM Float level? From reading the thread it seemed this was the function that would shut down individual trades if the current draw down went below a set percentage of the portion amount.

Is the "Initial (Final !) Balance" level a master control for the whole account, and the MM Float percentage only controls individual trading pairs?

NO

MM shuts down trades if EP is hit, its based on equity...

but initial balance security will disable trading : it wont trade anymore if after a ep the balance is under this level, its based on balance

marketjouster:
Alex,

marketjouster,

Set your balance to your real "Starting Balance" and you will not get the popup window.

Yes the Equity protection works on the individual pairs IF you set "Portion = Number of pairs"

You can see this, just to test it, set "Equity Protection = 5" (5 percent) to one of the pairs and you will see that the EA will close all positions on that pair.

i.e. if your "Portion Balance = 500" that pair will close when Equity for that pair is = -25

If you leave "Portion = 1" then yes it will protect the Global Balance since all the pairs have the same "Portion Balance"

Try it!

epmfx

how exactly does it decide when to trade and when not to trade.? what are the conditions during which it does not open positions and when exactly does it decide to enter the market again? i need you to explain it a bit cause i got a little confused by its actions. thanks

Equity Protection

jepm:
marketjouster,

Set your balance to your real "Starting Balance" and you will not get the popup window.

Yes the Equity protection works on the individual pairs IF you set "Portion = Number of pairs"

You can see this, just to test it, set "Equity Protection = 5" (5 percent) to one of the pairs and you will see that the EA will close all positions on that pair.

i.e. if your "Portion Balance = 500" that pair will close when Equity for that pair is = -25

If you leave "Portion = 1" then yes it will protect the Global Balance since all the pairs have the same "Portion Balance"

Try it!

epmfx

Jepm,

What was confusing to me was that I did have the Initial Balance set to the initial balance of the account, which was $7000, when I opened all pairs for trading. As soon as it lost a few cents and balance was below 7000, it began generating the warning pop-ups?? I've changed it to 5000 on all pairs and the pop-ups have stopped. So now I'm not sure how to use that setting. You're saying its not an account balance stop-trading level?

For MM you're referring to the settings, "Use Equity protection = true", and "Float percent = 5" (= 5%), correct? That might explain why I had so many small closes for a loss. I guess I was testing it without knowing. I had the Float set at .5, thinking that I'd read somewhere in the thread that this was indicating 5%. If I understand your explanation correctly, I was telling the expert to close when equity on the pair was -.05% !? If so, probably a bit tight on the stop !

Bingo!

marketjouster:
Jepm,

What was confusing to me was that I did have the Initial Balance set to the initial balance of the account, which was $7000, when I opened all pairs for trading. As soon as it lost a few cents and balance was below 7000, it began generating the warning pop-ups?? I've changed it to 5000 on all pairs and the pop-ups have stopped. So now I'm not sure how to use that setting. You're saying its not an account balance stop-trading level?

For MM you're referring to the settings, "Use Equity protection = true", and "Float percent = 5" (= 5%), correct? That might explain why I had so many small closes for a loss. I guess I was testing it without knowing. I had the Float set at .5, thinking that I'd read somewhere in the thread that this was indicating 5%. If I understand your explanation correctly, I was telling the expert to close when equity on the pair was -.05% !? If so, probably a bit tight on the stop !

Hi, there is your problem right there

If you set your Equity Protection = .5 % then the EA will close those pairs very soon...

And then you will get a Popup window saying that your Balance is not the same or it is less than the one you put.

You can start with $7,000 and set your Equity protection = 50 % or if you want to see how it closes, set only one pair to 5% (not .5%)

epmfx

jepm:
Hello everyone,

This is the Work of Fifthelement I just added the Stochastic Indicator.

You can set the Indicator to False and it will Work like always.

I'm looking for a better entry level, when EMA and Stochastic both Agree then the EA starts the Trade.

The EMA looks for an UP or DOWN trend and the Stochastic decides if Short or Long on 80/20 levels.

I just started to try it on Demo so tell me what you think about your Demos.

Time-Frame is H1 tuned for the Indicator.

epmfx

feline207

You can attach the Stochastic Oscillator to your charts, you have to change the properties to per_K = 200 per_D = 20 and slow = 20

then you will see how it works.

epmfx

Hi Jepm,

Have noticed that as per default settings, the AutoCal is true and AutocalTF is 1440. Should it not be AutoCalTF 60 as we are trading on 1 hr charts?

Please let me know.

Rgds

Eddie

Tf

teknoesen:
Hi Jepm,

Have noticed that as per default settings, the AutoCal is true and AutocalTF is 1440. Should it not be AutoCalTF 60 as we are trading on 1 hr charts?

Please let me know.

Rgds

Eddie

Hi Eddie

To be honest, i need to check the coding to be able to answer that, i dont know the intent of the original coder on that number but that is a good question.

I think that number is expressed in seconds, even in that case it does not add up.

epmfx

"when EMA and Stochastic both Agree then the EA starts the Trade" so what does that mean

Reason: