Time Filter EA Trade

Is there anyone in this group who can help me. I want my EA to open trades only at certain hours (not all the time). For example: I want the EA to be able to open trades only at 10.00 to 15.00

JONI Spd :
Is there anyone in this group who can help me. I want my EA to open trades only at certain hours (not all the time). For example: I want the EA to be able to open trades only at 10.00 to 15.00

I use the following settings in my Expert Advisors:

input group             "Time control"
input bool                 InpTimeControl          = true;           // Use time control
input uchar                InpStartHour            = 10;             // Start Hour
input uchar                InpStartMinute          = 01;             // Start Minute
input uchar                InpEndHour              = 15;             // End Hour
input uchar                InpEndMinute            = 02;             // End Minute

more details can be seen in the article ( An attempt at developing an EA constructor for MetaTrader 5 ) and updated code (Trading engine 4 )

An attempt at developing an EA constructor
An attempt at developing an EA constructor
  • www.mql5.com
In this article, I offer my set of trading functions in the form of a ready-made EA. This method allows getting multiple trading strategies by simply adding indicators and changing inputs.

Vladimir Karputov #:

I use the following settings in my Expert Advisors:

more details can be seen in the article ( An attempt at developing an EA constructor for MetaTrader 5 ) and updated code (Trading engine 4 )

Does this command work right after entering into the list of EA codes?

JONI Spd #:Does this command work immediately after input in the EA code list?

Those are just parameters. They will have no effect on the EA at all until you actually implement the logic inside the EA code. You have to program that logic yourself of hire someone to do it for you.

@Vladimir Karputov gave you links for an article giving some explanation on to code it yourself, but if you have no idea about your EA's logic then you will have to take some time to learn.

Code:

string StartTime = "10:00";
string EndTime   = "15:00";

if (TimeCurrent() >= StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+StartTime) && TimeCurrent() < StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+EndTime))
{
   // do something here
}

should work on MT4 and MT5.

maximo # :

Code:

Please note: You are on the MQL5 forum.

You mixed up the section - you showed an example of the old code (The old terminal is discussed here: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 ). 

Can the EA open trading positions based on the forex factory calendar?

JONI Spd #: Can the EA open trading positions based on the forex factory calendar?

Yes! You will have to program that functionality in your EA, to read the data from the calender and act accordingly. However, given that you have shown not to know how to program a simple time filter, it will be much to complex for you to code yourself. It may be best to hire someone in the Freelance section.

maximo #: Code:
string StartTime = "10:00";
string EndTime   = "15:00";

if (TimeCurrent() >= StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+StartTime) && TimeCurrent() < StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+EndTime))
{
   // do something here
}

When dealing with time, a lot of people use strings; they can not be optimized. Using (int) seconds or (double) hours and minutes can be.

See also Dealing with Time (Part 1): The Basics - MQL5 Articles (2021.10.01)
Dealing with Time (Part 2): The Functions - MQL5 Articles (2021.10.08)

ahuh

input   int    StartHour = 10;
   input   int  StartMinute = 00;
   input   int      EndHour = 15;
   input   int    EndMinute = 00;

if (TimeCurrent() >= StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+StartHour+":"+StartMinute) &&
       TimeCurrent()  < StringToTime(TimeToString(TimeCurrent(),TIME_DATE)+" "+EndHour+":"+EndMinute) )
   {
      // do something here
   }

Another way to do this

input string StartTime = "01:00";          // Start Trading Time
input string EndTime   = "23:00";          // End Trading Time

static MqlDateTime Time;

int OnInit() {
    /* 
	Your code...
    */
    TimeToStruct(TimeCurrent(), Time);