Please fix this indicator or EA - page 25

gcgman:
If I understand correctly, you need the attached indicator to match the macd cross with the signal. You mention that the indicator is using a simple moving average for the signal. I looked at the code and it appears to be using a smoothed moving average for the signal. It appears you just need the signal changed to an exponential moving average so that the bars will match the macd signal cross. Yes? gcgman

gcgman,

basically, yes it is correct what you are suggesting

Thanks for your help

regards

Troubles running even simple EA

Hi, I'm building my first EA. I've been trying to figure out why my advisors wouldn't run for a few days, so I decided to post my question here, in hopes someone will put an end to my frustration .

I have MT4 build 399. Every time I compile and run my EA in MT4 on a chart journal says Expert loaded successfully and expert tab says initialized but then nothing is happening.

I tried to find the bug so I created another very simple EA:

int start()

{

//----

Alert("This is an alert which demonstrates that EA is running ");

//----

return(0);

}

but the situation repeats. It seems that EA loaded successfully but no alert windows are popping up.

thank you, any thoughts appreciated

Ilan16_PipsteRSI(Reverse)

Hi, Someone who help me to find the reason why the reverse function doesnt works on the IlanReverse version. Im comparing using the "Ilan16_PipstepRSI.mq4", but when I open one trade with each EA, the order is the same. Obviously what Im looking is that the "Ilan16_PipstepRSI(Reverse) opens the opposite of the "Ilan16_PipstepRSI.mq4". Thank you in advance.

Files:

Need help in editing ea code

Hi all,

I need someone that knows how to edit an EA that I download for the web. The problem with this EA is that it do not want to open trades in my real account. But when I attached it to my demo account, it works like a charm... and 1 more thing... its in Russian...

abunawas:
Hi all, I need someone that knows how to edit an EA that I download for the web. The problem with this EA is that it do not want to open trades in my real account. But when I attached it to my demo account, it works like a charm... and 1 more thing... its in Russian...

No such thing as Russion MQL codes lol... attach the EA and ill give it a go but you say it trades on demo so the EA works fine I reckon its your set up that's the problem but send it so I look at it

Please, do not post decompiled EAs.

Fixed MACD BARS

guibernaua:
gcgman,

basically, yes it is correct what you are suggesting

Thanks for your help

regards

Sorry to take so long to get back. I changed your indicator so that it uses an ema signal instead of an smma signal. Now it matches conventional osma indicators for crossing the zero line or macd for crossing the signal line. I have renamed it so as not to confuse it with the original indicator.

Good luck,

gcgman

Files:

tradability:
No such thing as Russion MQL codes lol... attach the EA and ill give it a go but you say it trades on demo so the EA works fine I reckon its your set up that's the problem but send it so I look at it

here you go.. by the way all the settings for demo and real are default......

Files:

abunawas:
here you go.. by the way all the settings for demo and real are default......

Its your settings. Nothing wrong with the EA. you probably didn't tick the box where it says trade live.

I wouldn't waste my time on your EA it will blow a real account fast lol

Reason: