Please fix this indicator or EA - page 14

stop programming

Hi,

I'm using the boxbreakout EA to trade the 7am-9am Big Dog USD Breakout Strategy

I'm having problems with the trailing stop, it does not work right and it also seems to be some ea internal trailing stop.

can someone help me replace that trailing stop with a boring normal trailing stop, of which I will see the line on the chart?

would be great help!

thanx!

Files:

help with small fix for ea

hi for some reason my ea doesnt set the stop loss when opening a sell order.

It does everything else the right way and it does set a stop loss when opening a buy order....

i cant figure out why it is doing this.... please help

Files:
macd_ea.mq4  6 kb

Need help with my ea

Hello,

I'm student electrical engineering and because of that I know how to program c(++). This holiday I started coding forex ea's to test the potential of different systems. Maybe you heard about Forex Avenger, a commercial system with good reviews. I tried to make an ea for it. It seems to work but ony 1 thing doesn't work: placing the pending orders. All if statements for opening an order get triggered (I checked using alerts) but the actual pending order is not placed. It will probably be a minor mistake one of you guys can help me out!

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Files:

5 decimal fix for parabolic sar ea

Greetings Everyone,

My broker, IBFX, converted to the five decimal format July 17, 2010 and it disabled my PARABOLIC SAR EA. Is there anyone capable of modding it without suggesting the addition of zeros to the SL and TP fields? Thank you in advance.

Files:

Funyoo! Please mod this ea!!!!

Hello, Funyoo,

A couple of months ago I downloaded your Parabolic SAR EA and I must commend you on its design. However, since July 17, 2010, my broker - IBFX - has converted to a five digit, semi-ecn and the EA has not traded since. Well after trying to breathe life back into myself, I've concluded that I don't possess the knowledge to make the proper adjustments.

I have been studying and researching the Forex market for two years and have bought at least a dozen systems/EAs on my meager salary to no avail until discovering yours. I would greatly appreciate it if you could modify the PSAR EA to accommodate my five digit broker and to make functional the "TradeAtCloseBar" feature. My email address is daysgonebyrecords@yahoo.com. God Bless you!

See attachment:

Regards,

Darrell "Bruno" Ray

Fix this EA

I am trying to create a EA using a custom Indicator.

I want to pass a signal value sell =1 and buy =2 from indicator to EA

but icustom is always giving value =0.

Please fix this.

Find the Code as attached.

Files:

nested if statement in any other if statement issue

Hello everyone,

I ask your help regarding the issue that arises when I nest an if condition inside another if condition: the code does not do what is contained within the second condition, even when the condition is true. I tried to reverse the order of the conditions (the first if replaces the second one and vice versa) but nothing has changed: the second condition is not taken into account.

Below I show part of a codeto explain the point:

if ((myHigh-myClose)<=(1/3)*(myHigh-myLow)) //First If

//if (myOpen>myClose)

{

Print("Check_If_1");

//if ((myHigh-myClose)<=(1/3)*(myHigh-myLow))

if (myOpen>myClose) //Second If

{

Print("Check_If_2");

}

Print("Check_AfterSecondIf");

}

Basically the code has to write, in the Journal of the Tester, the string "Check_If_1" when the first condition is true and "Check_If_2" when the second one is true. When the first condition is true it is also expected to write the string "Check_AfterSecondIf".

Indeed the Journal will contain only the strings "Check_If_1" and "Check_AfterSecondIf, but never the string" Check_If_2: this confirms that the instructions in the second if, nested to the first one, are not taken into account.

I attach the complete EA, which the above code is part of. I saved two versions: in the second one the order of conditions is reversed:

I ask, if possible, indications from you on how to address the problem.

Thanks for your attention and have a good day!

Files:

iCustom Needs ALL Parameters

shaival:
I am trying to create a EA using a custom Indicator.

I want to pass a signal value sell =1 and buy =2 from indicator to EA

but icustom is always giving value =0.

Please fix this.

Find the Code as attached.

Hi Shaival,

The iCustom statements are missing all the "extern" variables that need to be passed from the indicator to the EA...so your EA is not getting the values from the indicator at all.

Do a search on this TSD forum for "iCustom" to see many iCustom examples to help you learn how to do it correctly.

Hope this helps,

Robert

lucalupi75:
Hello everyone,

I ask your help regarding the issue that arises when I nest an if condition inside another if condition: the code does not do what is contained within the second condition, even when the condition is true. I tried to reverse the order of the conditions (the first if replaces the second one and vice versa) but nothing has changed: the second condition is not taken into account.

I ask, if possible, indications from you on how to address the problem.

Thanks for your attention and have a good day!

Hi Lucalupi75

Quick reflections:

1) At the start of a new bar - Open and Close are equal. Depending on where/when you get your values, your 2nd condition may never be filled.

2) You have different formulas for BUY vs SELL. I was able to do a Sell Trade...so that code part works ok. The SELL code does not have the (myOpen >myClose) condition that BUY has.

3) Best way to test this is to print out all your variables or replace your variables with numbers, and you can then easily see if your conditions are met.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Chf ppi

There is a good chance that the next release of the Swiss PPI to be positive, but this is not certain, because the level of purchasing power of the consumer is pretty much stronger against the inflation rate. However, there are declines for the month of April, May and June, and it can also suggest that a negative figure will come up again this time.

Reason: