Please fix this indicator or EA - page 10

range

heikobaer:
Hi Traders

I am using successfully a daily breakout system (Belov) but it lacks an important feature which evaluates the range. Clearly, the smaller the range, the higher the probability of a successful breakout. Thus, a range feature will increase the performance of the strategy. For GBP/USD my settings provide between 50-70% and there are periods with 5-9 loosers in a row. This could be clearly smoothed with a range feature.

Cheers,

Heiko

I don't know that it follows that the smaller the range the higher the probability of a successful breakout. I guess it depends on how many pips you are after. My EA goes after 75 pips so I welcome a larger range. My feeling is the larger the range, the larger the potential breakout.

just my 2 cents

cheers

N

Nickmead

How one wants to use the range feature is actually up to the individual trader.

A simple optimization can put light into this. From visual verification, I believe that the smaller the range the clearer the break out. This holds especially for the high volatility pairs like GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY etc.

yafrahnet:
thanks man but it cant to work by my metatrader

As I said, it has some bugs....

My objective here is to fix the bugs..

heikobaer:
As I said, it has some bugs.... My objective here is to fix the bugs..

Think i fixed the 5 digit problem, not able to test, so if you could please test on 5 digit broker, Ea should automatically detect and adjust to 5 digit.

need help for a custom indicator...!!!!!

Hello folks

surfing the forum I've find a lots of very kind people, a friendly atmosphere so I've decided to ask you guys an help to build a custom indicator 'cause i don't know nothing about mql language...

Below the characteristic:

- RSI (8) applied to close with SMA (8) applied to first indicator data;

- i need to read clearly on the indi window the 2 values and a symbol (arrow, or something else, doesn't matter) that change up or down with optional alarm;

- divergences lines (classic/reverse bullish and bearish) with optional alarm

Look at the picture (chart.gif) to have an idea... I'm asking too much?

If someone need an help to calculate positoin size I've created an automated excel sheet and I'll be happy to share (work in real time by DDE server...!) look at the 2nd picture

Any way yours help guys will be really appreciated..!!!

Brax64

Files:
chart.jpg  141 kb
psc.jpg  260 kb

Great work mrtools, now it works fine.

I did some testing and my conclusion is that without a partial closing option the performance is clearly worse.

Another conclusion is that the breakouts are better traded with the current trend.

I included a forward test of the breakout strategy on 5 pairs, all with individual settings. As the EA has no trend feature, I defined the direction in the night before.

I believe it is pretty difficult to loose money with this strategy.

Files:

Files:

please help me I am new in forex I want macd 5, 35, 5 EA

Breakout ea

A simple breakout ea is required.

Based on previous time frame. E.g. Previous candles.

With adjustable tp and sl.

Can somebody please post?

Reason: