EA-Lyly G. Catherine 339%profit,95%win rate,4.2%drawdown - page 6

SolomonZhang:

Thank you all for defending me

Well, a new day. Hope Lyly could makes winner trades again.

Regards,

It's all about respect of other peoples' property. Every now and then,

you run into parasites and leeches. My thanks to the site administrator

for banning the jerk.

I've got my platform ready for another week with Lyly. Looking forward

to some nice wins.

Rob

NO live test?

when i put it on visual mode it doesnt show where it is buying and selling?

I wonder why

SZ,

I use an IBFX mini account and am always looking for something interesting to forward-test.

Is there anything I should know about the yellow and orange setfile if using an IBFX mini account with 1K?

IBFX Mini Account:
  • 0.01=Nano (1 cent a pip)
  • 0.1 = Micro (10 cents a pip)
  • 1.0 = Mini (1 buck a pip)

ES

P.S. For those of you using an IBFX standard account please disregard this post.

ElectricSavant:
SZ,

I use an IBFX mini account and am always looking for something interesting to forward-test.

Is there anything I should know about the yellow and orange setfile if using an IBFX mini account with 1K?

IBFX Mini Account:
  • 0.01=Nano (1 cent a pip)
  • 0.1 = Micro (10 cents a pip)
  • 1.0 = Mini (1 buck a pip)
P.S. For those of you using an IBFX standard account please disregard this post.

I'm not SZ, but here's my perspective. I'm using an IBFX mini and set

my lots to .1, so a 26-pip TP nets $2.60. I think this fits in well with

the range available. If it were a martingale, I'd probably go with .01s.

The other side of the coin is flat lots, at $1/pip, which I feel is too

much risk when assessing risk for a new EA. I like 10-cents/pip.

Rob

I am not able to view the SET file because all the files in experts folder are EX4 Files.

Hi William,

I have a live standard account with minimum lot size allowed is one with equity usd 10,000.

I am using Catherine for forward testing on that account. When I use the default setting (orange) on 3 pairs EU, GU and GJ, the EA does not open any trade until now. Do I need to change the setting parameters as below ?

Risk - 10

Lots - 1.0

Maxlots - 1.0

Thanks for sharing the EA

Regards

Hi William,

I have a live standard account with minimum lot size allowed is one with equity usd 10,000.

I am using Catherine for forward testing on that account. When I use the default setting (orange) on 3 pairs EU, GU and GJ, the EA does not open any trade until now. Do I need to change the setting parameters as below ?

Risk - 10

Lots - 1.0

Maxlots - 1.0

Thanks for sharing the EA

Regards

You don't need to ask on both forum

Anyway, here's my answer at indo invest forum. Who knows anybody also asking about it.

I've never tested the 10K on 1 normal lot, so I can't say for sure. Based only from the coding, I'll say:

- with red setting, you're dead.

- with orange setting, you're a daredevil. Lower the risk. Lot size won't matter coz orange setting uses automatic lot size counting.

- with yellow setting, you're living in a very bad neighborhood. Lower the risk (I don't know for sure, perhaps 5%), lower the lot size.

I have never really tested it, however, I think the yellow setting will survive. Please backtest 1st and share the result here.

However, even with all that said, I would recommend you to change your broker. Even when you are trading manually, it is better to have mini lot size with $10k. It doesn't matter if you put 10 mini lot (equivalent to 1 normal lot) per manual trade, it is better to have the option to lower your lot size. It's like having a spare tire on the back of your car in case something happens.

Regards,

Just an observation, Your thinking too small....Perhaps the gentleman has zero's. He could very well have a minimum lotsize with 100K. Its all a percent of the balance. But.....it is understood the value of 1 lot changes (or a decimal thereof) from dealer to dealer (mini account or standard acct) and there are certain minimums for this EA with certain dealers. Great EA by the way, thanks for sharing. But I cannot trade it in a live account with real money or test it or improve it here at this development site without the MQ4 file.....what would be the use?

ES

However, even with all that said, I would recommend you to change your broker. Even when you are trading manually, it is better to have mini lot size with $10k. It doesn't matter if you put 10 mini lot (equivalent to 1 normal lot) per manual trade, it is better to have the option to lower your lot size. It's like having a spare tire on the back of your car in case something happens.
Reason: