RAS moderators announcement, reports and problems - page 69

Problem is, I only use 1 computer for RAS, so unless the ISP moved IP's, or gives random IP's(Like any AOL user), this error should not have happened.

But the error is still here. How do I change my metatrader key? If I change my RAS password will that change my key?

Manual Stop Losses

Is there any way to override the SL that the signal generates. I want to add manual stop losses to all of my trades that I receive from signal providers based on my own money management through research from past performace. Most of the signal providers dont use hard stop losses and I want to add some (as I'm not comfortbale to rely on signal provider / RAS exiting the trade where I want it exited) for when I'm not near me screen...however is appears any manual stop losses added are automatically deleted by RAS?

I want to use my own trade management EA to automatically set SL for all trades received from RAS how can this be achieved? Not being able to add manual stop losses is pretty high risk and a feature that is definitely needed to make RAS viable IMO

Hi lovejoy80,

Currently - there is no this feature with RAS.

But as I know - many members requested to have the following:

- place stop loss manually, or process the trades by some other EAs;

- fix lot size feature as false or true.

I am delivering all the suggestions to the RAS developers and hope that it will be developed soon.

What's best way to transition RAS between 2 different IP addresses?

I have been testing a signal on a demo account for the last few weeks. Now, I want to try the signal on a live account. I just finished setting up RAS on the live account (on the FXCM VPS). I am currently trading the signal on a demo account from my home computer. So, the demo account (running on my home computer) has a different IP address than the live account (running on the FXCM VPS). Can I keep both signals going to 2 different IP addresses (demo and live)?

If not, what is the best way to transition RAS from the demo account to the live account? Do I shut down MT4 + RAS on the demo account and start MT4 + RAS on the live account?

What if I was transitioning RAS from one live account, on 1 IP address, to another live account on a different IP address? How do I tell RAS to stop trading new signals but wait for signals to close out the remaining positions?

There is some pdf file posted on RAS website:

How to Find the Signal with RAS.

It is on this page Find a Signal | Rent a Signal as pdf file (SignalsEvaluationGuide_en.pdf).

So, all the members can download and read it.

And 1 suggestion to the vendors. My personal experience for support for RAS support telling me that the vendors should be more active in some explanation. Because some buyers confused about what to do: some of them do not know that it is necessary to attach RAS EA to the chart - they bought the signal, install Metatrader and waiting.

When I was telling them that "it is necessary to attach RAS EA to the chart" so they replied: "Really? I did not know that".

So, what is understandable for you and me - may be not very understandable for the other people whatever experience they have (some buyers are experienced traders but confused with too many information they need to read in very short period in their monthly subscription time for example).

I mean: please - explain to your possible buyers more and more. Because what is simple for you - may be complicated to them.

Just a suggestion.

I want to remind that:

if you subscribed to some signal (in RAS term - you are buyer) so do not use this input in RAS EA:

seller_rentasignal_id

It is for vendors only (vendor = seller in RAS terminology).

Use buyer_opt_filter_signal only:

- if blank - you are trading all subscribed signals by 1 RAS EA;

- if some number(s) so you are trading those signals.

- if you are using more then 1 RAS EA so use buyer_instal_version = 1; buyer_instal_version = 2 and so on.

For example, I subscribed to the signal 123 and 1234.

- If I use 1 RAS EA with buyer_opt_filter_signal blank so I am trading those 2 signals by this 1 RAS EA.

- if I use buyer_opt_filter_signal = 123,1234 so the same - I am trading those 2 signals by this 1 RAS EA.

- if I use 2 RAS EAs: 1 with buyer_opt_filter_signal = 123 and buyer_instal_version = 1; and the second RAS EA with buyer_opt_filter_signal = 1234 and buyer_instal_version = 2 - so in this case - I can use different lot multiplier for those 2 signals using RAS page. RAS EAs can be used for more then 1 Metatrader with different brokers (for example: 1 RAS EA can be on Alpari UK and the other one - on Broco). But in any way, irrestective off same-not same metatrader/broker:

1 RAS EA with buyer_opt_filter_signal = 123 and buyer_instal_version = 1; and the second RAS EA with buyer_opt_filter_signal = 1234 and buyer_instal_version = 2

It was just an example.

Just some news.

Connection Logger was programmed.

It was uploaded right now in elite section thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179147 together with the manual about how to use it. If you are elite member so you can download it right now. Or wait when it will be uploaded to RAS website later.

Basicly this EA (Conection Logger) is the result of some talking with RAS buyers who are using scalping systems, or subscribed to many RAS signals - read this page and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179592 next page. In this case - this Connection Logger will help a lot.

Besides, it will help in case you are using VPS and want to check the connections between your metatrader and the broker's server.

This Connection Logger and the manual will be uploaded on RAS website and VPS website.

Connection Logger "alertsOn"

So, for the Connection Logger, the logger is always recording, but what is the difference between "alertsOn" set to "true" versus set to "false"?

Just an alert.

As you know - I posted this Logger (EA as ex4 file) together with the manual in pdf on this elite section thread:

RentaSignal Service Website.

So, everything is written in the manual.

Besides, this Logger with the manual was sent to the RAS developers and they promissed to translate it to the many languages and post on RAS website as official document.

As I know - they are finishing the translation.

Everything is written inside pdf manual.

By the way - this tool may be good for any VPS service too. And for traders who are trading scalping, trading forex news, or trading some systems based on D1 bar opened (most of the disconnections are coming at night when new D1 bar is opened; or during the fast price movements such as nfp for example).

Reason: