RAS moderators announcement, reports and problems - page 72

Many people can do this estimation.

or I can do if someone will ask.

But I will use the stats published on RAS website so it may be good for the other people to see how it should be done ...

What may be good to improve ... brokers.

I mean: which broker is using the vendor (with spread, min stop loss values to avoid alerting of RAS EA - having it too).

newdigital:
Must but ... no one can check their initial deposit.

It may be good if the vendor is tradin with real money with autotrading for example (it will be in the near future I hope). But for demo accounts ... how can we say which deposit he is using? He will say that he is usin 100 dollars deposit so should we believe in that?

It is difficult ...

The only way for now (without autotrading) - compare/combine pips performance with floating drawdown and max lot size just to understand which initial deposit size may be good for subscribers.

Very simple, if RAS can counts how many pips profit/loss so RAS can know how many % profit/loss too based on initial deposit reg with RAS.

Why not?

Register with RAS?

Means: vendor (durng the creation of the signal) should tell to RAS - which initial deposit size he will use?

Yes, may be good idea.

But ...how to estimate: martingale or hedge?

Because we need to devide it from normal systems ...

And it is possible to do usin pips only ...

That is why the people are using pips calculation:

open 1 trade per pair with fix lot size and - how many pips ...

---------------

---------------

Because using pips calculation we can understand:

- which system the vendor is using;

- which is the risk for me to subscribe to his signal;

- which drawdown in reality by equity open trades;

- which kind of system he is using: martingale, hedge, old classical (trendfollowing etc);

- will 1,000 dollars deposit enough? or 5,000? if I will use 100 with lot multiplier 0.1?

And we can receive all this information from RAS without talking with the vendor.

---------------

---------------

Using your proposal about percentage from initial deposit:

we will not know anything about the system our risk to use the signal. We can trust the vednor only and trust his words ...

It is good if you know the vendor personally. But if not?

If he is my mother so I will trust him. Or if I can o to his office to say 'Hello' every morning - yes ... may be I will trust. Or if he made many posts on the forum and he is well-known member so - yes, may be - I as a buyer - will trust his words.

But in case he (vendor) is unknown anonym and all I have is his initial deposit size and his percentage from unknown system he is using ... so sorry ...

Remember our commercial section?

If someone with first post on the forum will open the thread and will say that he is managing accounts and asks 1,000 dollars from you so will you give this 1,000 to him?

Never.

Same case here.

Using pips calculation so we can know something and we can analyze something.

Using percentage from initial deposit - we should believe in some unknown anonymous vendor using some unknown system ...

-------------

For example we have percentage from initial deposit.

Will you sibscribe to unknown vendor?

May be not.

You will ask me "Newdigital, do you know him? what he will to with my money tomorrow?"

I will reply: "I have no idea about him and his trading system. Because I see only percentages".

And what to do?

No sorry.

For now - we can analyze the stats and mae some conclusion about what he is using and our possible risk using our personal deposit size.

So, we do not know the vendors but we can know their systems in general.

Because who is posting here?

I am posting, moderator of TSD forum ...

But if I will not so who will ...

you understand ...

And who are the vendors? Do you know most of them personally?

And you know their systems?

I do not want to go to deep discussion ... I think you understand what I wanted to say in this case ...

Pips calculation is good. Using it - we can know something about vendor's system and our personal risk with our initial deposit size.

--------------------

Just some example with commercial section of the forum.

If very well-known member will tell you something so in most of the cases - you will trust his words ...

Same with percentages.

--------------------

I think (my personal opinion sorry) - the people should subscribe to well-known vendors who are having the threads here.

If RAS, buyers want to check vendors intital deposit just ask him a mt4i link or so.

Why not?

Fixed initial deposit

ND,

why not simply set a fixed initial deposit size for all vendor accounts.

Results would be much easier to compare.

Problem?

If other sites can do this, why not RAS?

Furthermore the most annoying fact is, that there is no time delay between the published time of a trade on the system description in RAS and the actual trade execution.

RAS developers have solved this very easy with Elite signals, which can only be fully viewed by their members.

Commercial systems are still facing this rather amateurish approach and everybody can figure out the abuse of this.

Janus

tsdmember:
If RAS, buyers want to check vendors intital deposit just ask him a mt4i link or so. Why not?

Hi tsdmember,

mt4i is external link and external website so sorry.

JanusTrading:
ND,

why not simply set a fixed initial deposit size for all vendor accounts.

Results would be much easier to compare.

Problem?

If other sites can do this, why not RAS?

Furthermore the most annoying fact is, that there is no time delay between the published time of a trade on the system description in RAS and the actual trade execution.

RAS developers have solved this very easy with Elite signals, which can only be fully viewed by their members.

Commercial systems are still facing this rather amateurish approach and everybody can figure out the abuse of this.

Janus

Hi Janus,

Fixed initial deposit?

many vendors trading/selling many signals using 1 deposit and 1 metatrader so how to devide it by the signals?

Besides, it is more related to MM and "ready to use" systems.

But with recent situation and recent RAS concept (anyone from the street can sell whatever he wants and do what he wants) - it is difficult.

I was talking about different subject.

Fixed initial deposit and percentage - means the following: some vendor is selling the signal. He desribing the signal and we trust him and his words about his drawdown, his max lot size, his system (martingale or not), and so on.

For example, if you will use fixed initial deposit and describe your system so everybody will trust you and will believe in your words. Because you are well-known vendor.

But just imagine that some unknown person will do the same? He can collect 1,000 subsribers and stop trading (stop trading = run away). And all his subsribers will come to me ... asking for help ... you know ... he can open 0.01 lot size now and 25 lot size tomorrow ... because no one knows him so should he care? ...

It may be good for autotrading. As I know (may be it will be changed so sorry) - reputable well-known (well-known inside this section) top vendors will use autotrading first. So, this initial deposit/percentage may be implemented in this case.

I am not against initial deposit/percentage. I am against the situation when unknown people will sell and only we can do is just hope that they are telling the true ...

This initial deposit/percentages will work with autotrading if well-known vendors will use it first and they will create the policy and the levels of the signals (levels of quality).

As to time delay ... I saw few hours freezing on Alpari Metatrader today during the news ... so ... I saw it on clones for example. Mostly delays came from the following:

- problem with the broker;

and/or

- vendors are using non-market price, or the brokers with very different price, or some software, or something.

open orders

Hi,

I see open orders are not visible anymore. Well, then another change must be implemented ASAP - showing of floating profit (or, much more often, HUGE loss). Now it is impossible to tell what signal is good, what signal is bad. Another solution - delay new open orders by 1 - 2 hrs, and problem solved.

I understand this change protects signal vendors from possible abuse, but now signal buyers are left in a dark. Since there's probably 5 - 10 signals worth subscribing, I say customer's interests must prevail. I, and no one else, will not benefit, if we saw another losing order, which is left to hang out for half year with 2000 pips open loss.

Reason: