_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 332

Files:
rdb_cash.zip  34 kb

Guyver:
hmm, As of my knowledge this can happen if the optimization parameters cannot find a loosing trade also this doesn't mean it will not have a loosing trade it is just a way optimization works ( curve fitting ). It may or may not work great (performance related ) in forward testing though. -guyver

Right on. It's pretty important to optimize over only part of your data and use the rest to test without optimization. rdb cash has so many parameters that it seems like you could easily succumb to curve fitting.

guy_ml... Do you mind sharing your parameter set, or the strategy tester report?

MC

MadCow:
Right on. It's pretty important to optimize over only part of your data and use the rest to test without optimization. rdb cash has so many parameters that it seems like you could easily succumb to curve fitting.

guy_ml... Do you mind sharing your parameter set, or the strategy tester report?

MC

Agree 100% .. first of all i believe to optimize an EA at first the EA must be profitable so that you only optimize some variables as conditions changes . If you start optimizing all variables that is not the EA it is then your optimizer which is trading .

Live Trading Results / Forward Test

I am impressed with this long thread yet all post shows optimism from first page to the last, this ea you are developing here must be a killer one!!

Would anyone be so kind to share a log in detail of an account that trades using this ea?

Many thanks in advance.

Reason: