_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 157

jasm:
I had the same problem... the EA kept opening trade after trade and closing for a loss. I had to shut it down after a while because that was some crazy erratic action. It must be some sort of bug because nothing of it made any sense.

Lucky you, I slept through it all and when I woke up the damage was done. I don't think it's the EA's fault though, on backtests it works pretty well. Somehow I think it's related to the broker. I blame FXOpen.

stevetrader:
Hi nwin.

Do you think tadawull is a serious broker?

Thank you very much

Stefano

Just open for 2 weeks in mini live ,and I don't have experience much more (not yet wd,but this ea work ok).

would someone be able to explain to me how it opens positions, like what settings on the indicators does it need to open a trade, i havent found this explained anywhere?? (I dont really know what the EA is looking for on the chart to open a trade)

also is there a problem regarding stop losses because i ahd one that ran up to like 50ish pips?

also i came up with an idea last night in my sleep (haha dreaming of forex), as im currently involved in another EA that uses similar but reverse ideas...

The idea is for trading other currencies (this may be a bad idea as explained above i dont know what the EA is looking for on the chart)...

Basically as we want a RANGING not a TRENDING market and we work off the 5min TF, we could apply say a 80-200 Moving Average then place a line 'x' amount above and below the Moving Average, in this case say 40pips above and below... if the price moves out of this RANGE the EA will not open trades, and maby to reduce a bad trade you could program sumthing to close all trades once outside of the lines aswell...

tell me if this is a good idea or not, thought it might help in applying to other currenciees such as eurusd where we could make advantage of 2pip spread...

white_goodman:
would someone be able to explain to me how it opens positions, like what settings on the indicators does it need to open a trade, i havent found this explained anywhere?? (I dont really know what the EA is looking for on the chart to open a trade)

also is there a problem regarding stop losses because i ahd one that ran up to like 50ish pips?

also i came up with an idea last night in my sleep (haha dreaming of forex), as im currently involved in another EA that uses similar but reverse ideas...

The idea is for trading other currencies (this may be a bad idea as explained above i dont know what the EA is looking for on the chart)...

Basically as we want a RANGING not a TRENDING market and we work off the 5min TF, we could apply say a 80-200 Moving Average then place a line 'x' amount above and below the Moving Average, in this case say 40pips above and below... if the price moves out of this RANGE the EA will not open trades, and maby to reduce a bad trade you could program sumthing to close all trades once outside of the lines aswell...

tell me if this is a good idea or not, thought it might help in applying to other currenciees such as eurusd where we could make advantage of 2pip spread...

Thats a good Question and i would know you only use this ea for EURGBP or someone tested it with other Pairs?

Regards

Mister FX

kjjack:
I've been running this EA on my live account (small $$$) for about 2 weeks now during the Asian session. It has consistantly done well, except for the last 2-3 trades of the session, each session, where it posts big losses. These losses basically negate the smaller winning trades throughout the session. Does anyone have any similar experiences with this?

something wrong with your setting or your broker ,here is the 2 last weeks results

Files:
1111.htm  117 kb

MisterFX:
Thats a good Question and i would know you only use this ea for EURGBP or someone tested it with other Pairs?

Regards

Mister FX

im testing with about 6 pair atm... eurgbp,eurusd, usdchf, eurchf, audcad, audnzd

if you look over a 7 year history these pairs have the least one day movements in pips (high to low), the audnzd and audcad generally bounce around all day in a range (however large spreads)

if you could restrict the EA's use to only work when price is within a 60-80pip (30-40 above and blelow) range from a moving average it could ensure the EA only worked when price is ranging... i may be totally worng here however...

could someone explain to me the signals and how this EA opens trades etc (what to look for on the chart) as id be able to contribute better, as the other EA i use live draws some similarities to this method...

Your_lucky

I have alot about your_lucky EA so I attached it to my chart and everything I do I can't get it to work on metatrader. I have tried it on a live and 3 demo accounts and it hasn't worked?

Please can you help me?!

Thank you

_rdb_:
Hi ChicagoRob,

you can see in the file "Read Me Please" which I include,

There is any login and password for my forward test.

white good man thanks, can you share your statement please

Small problem

I am using Alpari UK (5 digits) and the error message I am getting is "SPREAD More Than xMaxSpread 40".

Any idea how to solve this? Thanks.

artov:
I am using Alpari UK (5 digits) and the error message I am getting is "SPREAD More Than xMaxSpread 40". Any idea how to solve this? Thanks.

Can you post the EA that you use please, would help?

Reason: