Scalp to freedom 10-20 pips a trade...guaranteed? - page 7

that s what i meant paradoxical, we exit in 2 half. first half is an exit on the end of the price movement( when price stops to move on 1mins, there is our exit, plus other indicators), second half we leave it go and continue to raise the trailing stop

Hey JtraderCo,

thanks to you and your team mates for sharing in the thread, and thanks once again to Suk for sharing his great input on this.

Suk, may I kindly ask why you use the TimeFrame settings as 5, 15, 30 and 30, why do we have two 30minute TF's if they both show the same thing?

jTraderCo: would you guys mind sharing how long you guys have used this cci indi for and what kind of success you seem to have? I think a good thing might be, if there would be a way to workout a good combination of CCI period settings to use and to find out wether its best to use TF's as 5,15,30,60 as opposed to 5,15,30,30?

Any more input on this would be fantastic, it would be nice to spend time getting a good combination of settings to make this indicator work right, and find something to use in conjunction with to weed out potential false signals. Me and my friend are doing some testing on CCI period settings, if we find a good combo, we'll report back here

Thanks guys, please keep this wonderful thread going!

jtraderco:
6 monitors . each monitor is devided in 2 part. above the 5mins , below the 1mins.

Would you share at least the name of your stop indicator and if you feel like the S/EMA setting.

Take care!

---------------------

I personnaly use 1 5 30 60 TF setting... since 1min chart is the closest to price we can get.

Chart below of a EJ trade a little while ago (i didn't trade this myself, just watched it as i dont trade after london session). Vertical line marks signal bar's, entry is on open of the candle after Signal candle, moved for a good 50pips. Nice signal, i like

Use it in conjunction with some Ma's like 20, 50 and 100/200 ma's to get entries on breaks/bounces of ma's and just get into a trend after a retrace with this, and it would be golden.

ANy thoughts on my previous post above guys, would be thankful

Files:
ej_long.gif  14 kb

Was that using the default (34 and 14) settings?

I have been using M5 chart with 5/15/30/30 and CCI2. It sounds like a madness, but it is working - and not just for me by the posts.

ssotiro:
Was that using the default (34 and 14) settings?

I Was using settings of 5, 15, 30 and 60 for the TF's and for all four CCI periods settings were 2 like Suk's. My other charts showed a nice green Heiken ashi forming after taking a bounce off an important MA and looked to go long, Heiken ashi had no lower wick, and closed with no lower wick, which indicates good price action to me, and after that, we had a nice 40+ Pip move on EJ. brilliant.

I will post any useful settings I can find over the weekend from some experimenting i will do so we can get accurate entries off the 5min chart.

Please guys keep sharing and adding info in the thread to help us all. Thanks once again suk, your the man!

Wilteredfire I am looking forward to that (charts and additions).

The reason for 30/30 is I was trying to find the combination that gave the signal at the most opportune moment and having the 60 did not give the signal until too late.

In is a strategy that relies on the volatility of intraday moves and pre-empts the market or at least tries too.

The best signals and most frequent with least false seems to be this setting - but we must remember the indicator DOES repaint as has been drummed in to us and the real test is the live signals.

I posted signals as they happened today (at least on trades I took and more) and they were great.

Considerable discretion is still requires.

Suk...Can the bar's change color once they have been closed, is this what we are referring to re-painting?

I haven't noticed this so far, also, as long as we dont flick between timeframes and stick to one timeframe and chart only, that should be fine right?

The current bar will change and adjust as it needs to, which is fine...

Wish we could have the repainting issue clarified once and for all, maybe update exactly what you mean by it in the first post? Or do we need more time to test things out?

thanks

WilteredFire:
I Was using settings of 5, 15, 30 and 60 for the TF's and for all four CCI periods settings were 2 like Suk's. My other charts showed a nice green Heiken ashi forming after taking a bounce off an important MA and looked to go long, Heiken ashi had no lower wick, and closed with no lower wick, which indicates good price action to me, and after that, we had a nice 40+ Pip move on EJ. brilliant.

I will post any useful settings I can find over the weekend from some experimenting i will do so we can get accurate entries off the 5min chart.

Please guys keep sharing and adding info in the thread to help us all. Thanks once again suk, your the man!

Chart with Heiken Ashi if you'd be so kind...?

Reason: