Market condition and EAs - page 2

Martingale EAs. Part #3.

Frank_mod EA.

As we see - no any trades are open now. It was few sell orders at night (sell orders) and it was closed in profit.

I think this reversal is not a problem for this EA.

What is the different between Frank_mod EA and 10p3v0.03 EA?

- 10p3v0.03 EA is using MACD indicator to enter. Frank_mod is not using any indicator;

- Frank_mod is some kind of buy/sell martingale. 10p3v0.03 EA is different: if we are going to have stop loss with 10p3v0.03 EA so this EA is openning the other order on the same direction with increased lot size and to times like that. Frank_mod is more safe in this case.

Protection which we have for this EA (Frank_mod):

- timefilter - I am trading since 21 till 4 am;

- pairs. I am using just 4 pairs only (we are trading 10 pairs in 10p3v0.03);

- Frank_mod is some kind of buy/sell system (which is different from 10p3v0.03 EA).

By the way, Frank_mod is unlimited martingale as we do not have limitation for the orders opened. 10p3v0.03 EA can open up to 10 orders for one pais as a maximum (with my settings).

Anyway, Frank_mod looks like more safe.

But we need more bigger deposit size to use this Framk_mod just because there is no any options to limit the number of the trades in this EA.

MTF EAs. Part 1.

There are many very different MTF EAs.

I will try to descibe them all by posts, possible improvements and so on. Some MTF EAs are performing fine ... some of them need to be improved ...

because you know ... in case of Alpha EA we are talking about account protection as lossing 10% of the deposit instead of lossing all deposit And it is protection by lossing?

May be we need to improve some MTF EAs inserting some Ichimoku codes for D1 timeframe just to not to trade during the market reversal ...

will see.

by the way, some MTF EAs are performing very well.

We will have to discuss something more such as MTF EAs, trend EAs, counter trend EAs, breakout EAs and some more.

I will continue this thread on Sunday.

more to follow.

MTF EAs. Part 1.

I received few PMs and members are asking me to continue this thread.

First of all I want to say that all MTF EAs should perform bad during the reversal described in the beginning of this thread. Because of the nature of MTF EAs itselves.

We also know that this kind of reversal critically coming rarely.

We also know that there are some technical way to know about this reversal coming. I am estimating it using standard Ichimoku indicator. The other traders (any posts about it are welcome) are estimating it differently. In any way the reversal can be estimated by special way using most strongest buy or sell signal on some indicator on D1/W1 timeframe.

MTF EAs. Part 1.

Few words about MTF EAs.

Why MTF?

What is MTF?

Why it is so popular to be in MTF?

When trading system is very reliable and having good performance for 1 single timefame (any timeframe but just coded for 1 timeframe only) for the long time with same settings without changing so the people may ask to make this EA as MTF one.

Why?

To trade many pairs simultaniously having very very good profit, and on the other hand - to be fully protected for their deposit or account by standard or advanced account protecting tool or codes. To use this EA with many timeframe confirmation using many pairs on one account and be fully protected concerning deposit/account itself.

As I said: the kind of reversal which I described in the beginning of this thread is "killing" deposit because of the nature of MTF EAs.

So, what to do?

Ask few questions to the coders or the person whi is testing MTF EA:

- This system was tested without any MTF coding?

- what is the system itself wothout any MTF? Can I just attach few indicators to the chart to simulate this system and to see when and why?

- what kind of deposit protection coded inside this MTF EA?

- which kind of MTF EA you are talking about? Slightly MTF? Anti-MTF EA? Hard coded MTF?

and so on.

MTF EAs. Part 1.

What is

Slightly MTF?

Anti-MTF EA?

Hard coded MTF?

It is the which ways and means the simple or complecated system was coded to be MTF.

Slightly MTF

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA;

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA.

Anti-MTF EA

BrainExpert_v2

Hard coded MTF

Electra EA;

Alpha EA.

MTF EAs. Part 1.

This part #1 is as preliminary so I am just describing some theory. Later on I will describe every single MTF EA.

So, we know the following:

- this kind of reversal is very rarely case;

- breakout EAs, trend following EA and some counter trend EA (it will be described later on this thread) are having very good profit during this kind of reversal;

- "how many pips in profit" is nothing with reality sometimes as it depends on trading system itself: some systems are making just 50 pips per month every month for 2 years (just an example) and everybody understand it as very good performance ... but if you are having 1,000 deposit so will you use it? ... That is why many people like MTF EAs because they can (able to) increase deposit very quickly sometimes.

- this kind of reversal (see first posts of this thread) is "killing reversal" for any MTF EA.

- if MTF EA survived in this kind of reversal so it is something ... yes, something ... something about protection of your deposit or something about very good reliable trading system based on it.

MTF EAs. Part 2.

Alpha EA.

Hard coded MTF.

It is very advanced EA.

This EA is using the following indicators for many timeframes started with M5 and finishing with W1 (optional in the settings of the EA):

- Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed;

- SMA (SMA 200);

- Momentum (and momentum deviation as options);

- RSI (as a option - means: optional to use in some cases);

- Parabilic SAR (as an option in some cases);

- Moving Averages indicator (to analyze and use deviation);

- Vertical Horizontal Filter (VHF) indicator;

It is good tradinh system itself, very good coding and very advance settings (the member is having good choise about what to use, which timeframe to use and which indicator to use and so on).

It was forward tested by author before posting in elite section.

MTF EAs. Part 2.

Alpha EA.

Hard coded MTF.

The thread about this EA is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132

All the links about this EAs:

Alpha9 EA: very advanced MTF EA with estimated risk of trading is on this thread:

- EA, indicators, settings, pairs, profit factor and explanation from the author are on this page.

- testing pairs, minimum deposit size, MM explanation, some theory base on are on this page.

- setting explanation continuing and forward testing examples are on this page and on this post.

- development theory is on this post.

- all the settings for this EA + pairs/timeframes: this post.

MTF EAs. Part 2.

Alpha EA.

Hard coded MTF.

This kind of reversal (which I describe in the beginning of this thread) are very very bad for any Hard coded MTF.

Alpha EA is Hard coded MTF EA.

So, which kind of protection we can have in this case?

First of all, it is the following options in the settings. I will not descrive them all now as we can see it from Alpha EA thread from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132

So, it is the following:

AccountEquityPercentProtection = 90; // percent of the account Equity left to activate a hard stop loss on a set of trades. (it is related to our DD).

HoursToRestart = 96; // Hours need to restart after a Equity Stop Trigger. (if all the orders were closed by stop loss as AccountEquityPercentProtection so EA will start to trade once again after 96 hours).

EquityTrailing =True; // To enable a equity trail, it will close all orders when equity show profit

PercentEquityTrailing =1; // Percent of profit to start the closure off all the orders.

It is the main protection which we have in this case: during this kind of reversal EA will lose just some procentage from deposit and will stop trading for some hours and days.

MTF EAs. Part 2.

Alpha EA.

Hard coded MTF.

There are more protection coded inside this EA.

For example.

StopAfterNoTrades =False; // If true we will not open new trades

BreakevenPips =0; // Pips on profit to move SL to Breakeven | 0=Not used.

And it is very very interesting some kind of deposit protection in the settings:

SpreadProtection =True; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

PipTolerance =2; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection

Reason: