Everything about RSI - page 32

signal alert

mladen:
Try out this one Had to shift RSI values down by 50 (so that the histogram is visible and that it is cenetered around 0 line) but I think it will suite your needs

Hi Mladen,

I found this indicator is really useful.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/121/rsi_2sigmas_mtf__histo.mq4

Can you add arrow printing on the main chart when RSI and MA crossing, probably with sound alert as well.

However, I found that the histogram is not really suit to my trading style.

Thank you for your help.

Orinin

Orinin

There are 2 moving averages in that indicator and in a lot of cases the cross would happen on the same bar. That would make quite a lot of arrows and alerts. In my opinion some alternative should be used if you intend to use the cross of rsi and its average (you are going to get even with just one average a lot of alerts in some cases since rsi can be quite "nervous" with values changing direction on each and every bar in some market conditions)

Orinin:
Hi Mladen,

I found this indicator is really useful.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/121/rsi_2sigmas_mtf__histo.mq4

Can you add arrow printing on the main chart when RSI and MA crossing, probably with sound alert as well.

However, I found that the histogram is not really suit to my trading style.

Thank you for your help.

Orinin

alert

mladen:
Orinin There are 2 moving averages in that indicator and in a lot of cases the cross would happen on the same bar. That would make quite a lot of arrows and alerts. In my opinion some alternative should be used if you intend to use the cross of rsi and its average (you are going to get even with just one average a lot of alerts in some cases since rsi can be quite "nervous" with values changing direction on each and every bar in some market conditions)

Mladen,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes I noticed that there are two MA there, so probably we take one moving average only.

I noticed also that there could be a lot of alerts when the value changing. The only way to get this more reliable is to have individual setting for RSI and MA as the current indicator is sharing the same TF.

RSI: period, price, TF

MA: mode, period,TF

Alert and arrow will only be activated on the candle closed.

I asking this as all this while I trade without any alert on RSI/MA crossing, divergence manually with success but missed a lots of trade opportunity. When I come into this thread, I notice that an alert and arrow will help much and this will beneficial to all.

Thank you Mladen

Orinin

RSI + ma crosses ...

Orinin

Here is this one

It shows 2 values. A value of a smoothed RSI and a value of an average of that smoothed RSI value. If you want to have a "raw" RSI value set the SmoothingPeriod to 1. Methods for smoothing and average calculation can be set too. Alerts and arrows added. So, with this one you can choose if you wish a "filtered" (smoothed) rsi or regular rsi and it gives you a bit more space to experiment

Orinin:
Mladen,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes I noticed that there are two MA there, so probably we take one moving average only.

I noticed also that there could be a lot of alerts when the value changing. The only way to get this more reliable is to have individual setting for RSI and MA as the current indicator is sharing the same TF.

RSI: period, price, TF

MA: mode, period,TF

Alert and arrow will only be activated on the candle closed.

I asking this as all this while I trade without any alert on RSI/MA crossing, divergence manually with success but missed a lots of trade opportunity. When I come into this thread, I notice that an alert and arrow will help much and this will beneficial to all.

Thank you Mladen

Orinin
Files:

Thank you

mladen:
Orinin

Here is this one

It shows 2 values. A value of a smoothed RSI and a value of an average of that smoothed RSI value. If you want to have a "raw" RSI value set the SmoothingPeriod to 1. Methods for smoothing and average calculation can be set too. Alerts and arrows added. So, with this one you can choose if you wish a "filtered" (smoothed) rsi or regular rsi and it gives you a bit more space to experiment

Thank you very much Mladen.

This is what I m looking for since 5 years ago.

Thank you very much.

May God Bless you and your family

orinin

MTF version

mladen:
Orinin

Here is this one

To Mladen and all coders expert.

I have come up with some idea if we can convert this indi into MTF. I have try to convert it by myself but did not working properly.

When I attached the MTF version into 1Hr Chart using TF setting 240 (4hr), the alert arrow will appeared at 3 bars back. Do you have any idea so that the alert arrow will appear exactly on the turning point bar. Sometimes I noticed the signal repaint.

I really need help on this part.

Thank you

RSI swings ...

As far as I know this is an old idea but while surfing a bit, re-found it and I liked it. So decided to make an indicator according to the rules I have found.

More or less it is a way how RSI could be used to determine 3 states a bit more precisely : the up swing, the down swing and a no-swing (ranging) states, The resulting indicator seems to be useful, so here it is. Upper ids the swing indicator and how it compares to the regular RSI

Files:

mladen:
As far as I know this is an old idea but while surfing a bit, re-found it and I liked it. So decided to make an indicator according to the rules I have found.

More or less it is a way how RSI could be used to determine 3 states a bit more precisely : the up swing, the down swing and a no-swing (ranging) states, The resulting indicator seems to be useful, so here it is. Upper ids the swing indicator and how it compares to the regular RSI

Dear Mladen

Can you please add color for no-swing (ranging = Gray) states as shown in the image

Files:
gray.gif  23 kb

Rsi swings - 3 states ...

Here it is but in a bit different mode (in my opinion the "no swing" state should not have a "trending" component, so, in this one the "no swing" state is kind of a neutral)

secretcode:
Dear Mladen Can you please add color for no-swing (ranging = Gray) states as shown in the image

mladen:
Here it is but in a bit different mode (in my opinion the "no swing" state should not have a "trending" component, so, in this one the "no swing" state is kind of a neutral)

Thank You Mladen

It's even better then request !

Best Regards,

secretcode

Reason: