10p3 - Multi currency pair - page 12

autumnleaves:
David,

I see your point. However, doesn't that make the currency more volatile? And isn't volatility measurable by indicators?

What pairs would you suggest for optimization? At this point I have done only EURUSD and GPBUSD.

Thanks for all your help.

autumn

Volatility can never be measure by indicator, because indicator study the past data. When you have 3 consequtive days with tight trading range of 20pips, doesn't mean the 4th day market doesn't spike 200pips without retracement. So, until the 4th day, what your indicator says?

The concern of JPY is what exactly resember the example I gave above. All the Yen pairs are greatly deviate from market. Move all a sudden and most of the time doesn't retrace.

Optimization for any pair is possible besides of USDCAD, AUDUSD and NZDUSD. USDCAD will only go downtrend in the long run, because Canada supply and extract crude oil. Oil price will never fall, so as the Canadian dollar. AUDUSD will never goes down, main reason is the Australian dollar is strict follow Gold value. Gold price will never fall, so as the Australian dollar. NZDUSD will never goes down, because of their super high interest rate, until the day the kiwi land decided to cut their rate into half, or else its not going to come down. You dont have to belive me, but put this little effort and stick your charts to MN. Imagine what happen if 10p3 series EA open a buy on USDCAD, sell on AUDUSD, sell on NZDUSD.

Regards

David

v0.04 Optimization on GBPUSD Type 2 account

Here is a new optimization of v0.04 on 3.5 years of Alpari GBPUSD data using Type 2 account. I have tried to keep the risk level fairly low, even though the yield is high.

Settings file is provided so you can attempt to duplicate. Please confirm this result on data from another source if possible.

I am not sure why a micro account should perform this well. David can you explain this?

autumn

More Optimization v0.04 on GBPUSD Type 2 account

Here is another optimization of v0.04 on 3.5 years of Alpari GBPUSD data using Type 2 account. In this case the risk is high, and while the account came close to margining out a few times, it still managed a respectable yield. Probably not for the faint of heart, however.

Settings file is provided so you can attempt to duplicate. Please confirm this result on data from another source if possible.

autumn

autumnleaves:
Here is a new optimization of v0.04 on 3.5 years of Alpari GBPUSD data using Type 2 account. I have tried to keep the risk level fairly low, even though the yield is high.

I am not sure why a micro account should perform this well. David can you explain this?

autumn

Its not performing well on AccountType=2. You're running the test on FXDD, FXDD doesn't come with micro mode. AccountType=2 only can use on InterbankFX, and EURUSD must followed by a "m" character at the back. Basically the test is 10x of its original risk due to wrong AccountType. This test is not legit. Besides, 90% drawdown, I dont find there is any "low risk" in the settings.

autumnleaves:
Here is another optimization of v0.04 on 3.5 years of Alpari GBPUSD data using Type 2 account. In this case the risk is high, and while the account came close to margining out a few times, it still managed a respectable yield. Probably not for the faint of heart, however.

autumn

again, AccountType=2 only can be use on InterbankFX's micro account. GBPUSD must have a "m" at the back, which resemble GBPUSDm instead of GBPUSD. The test has too many margin out. By the way, I dont have data anymore as I told previously I've removed all the history data to free up resources.

Regards

David

Optimization question

Hi David,

Thanks for your comment. I did not know that backtesting micromode depended on the broker platform. However, is it worth optimizing Account Type 2 on Interbank or should I move on to something else. Please suggest what should be optimized next.

Thanks,

autumn

autumnleaves:
Hi David,

Thanks for your comment. I did not know that backtesting micromode depended on the broker platform. However, is it worth optimizing Account Type 2 on Interbank or should I move on to something else. Please suggest what should be optimized next.

Thanks,

autumn

Basically if you wanto optimize AccountType=2, sign up a mini demo account with InterbankFX MT4. Press F2, select GBPUSDm, select 1 minute (M1), click on Import button, select browse. Go to your C:\Program Files\Interbank Trader 4\History\InterbankFX Demo Accounts folder, find the GBPUSD1and open it.Once this is done, you'll be able to backtest with micro lot.From there you launch the backtest. When you see the backtest shows GBPUSDm, then only your test consider legit. Read again this post, my backtest statement shows GBPUSDm instead of GBPUSD. Just bear in mind this kind of test consume a lot of resources. Be prepared to jammed up your entire system and had to delete all the data after the test.

Regards

David

Backtesting mini account

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I am not able to download any data for a micro account. I followed your instructions, but the only data in the C:\Program Files\Interbank Trader 4\History\InterbankFX Demo Accounts folder is about 2 weeks of data that comes in when you open a chart. You cannot download micro data from Metaquotes either, apparently.

Why is mini data different from standard data?

autumn

autumnleaves:
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I am not able to download any data for a micro account. I followed your instructions, but the only data in the C:\Program Files\Interbank Trader 4\History\InterbankFX Demo Accounts folder is about 2 weeks of data that comes in when you open a chart. You cannot download micro data from Metaquotes either, apparently.

Why is mini data different from standard data?

autumn

You're right. You will not able to download MINI data because it came from a different server. On the other hand, MetaQuotes doesn't contain any MINI data because MINI data comes with a weird name, which is "GBPUSDm" instead of GBPUSD. To over come this, 1st register a Standard demo account. Press F2, select GBPUSD, 1 minutes (M1) and hit Download button to download 8 years data. Once its done, switch it back to mini account. Repeat the step I wrote 2 post back. Press F2, select GBPUSD, 1minute (M1) and hit Import button. Browse to your Interbankfx Trader 4\history\Interbankfx Demo Accounts folder, look for GBPUSD1.hst and import this data to the mini account. Once its done, you'll able to backtest in micro mode. 1cent / pip on 0.01 lot.

Regards

David

News

Hi David,

I've been tied down with computer problems and other distractions for several days. Sorry for not getting back to you. I should not have downloaded the micro data after all. I think I'll stay away from micro.

What news is there, if any? Have you made any changes? Shall we restart our testing? Shall I get back to optimization?

autumn

David,

Trailing Stop is not working.

Will be good if will works only on first open trade,

if positive.

B.

Reason: