10p3 - Multi currency pair - page 9

davidke20:
Well... frankly i'm out of idea what is going on. But if you would like to trade with the smallest lot size without me fixing the error, just change the risk=0.0001. And the lot size will remain as 0.01. It should work fine that way.

Regards

David

ok..thx david...

davidke20:
Here is the latest 10p3v0.04 for multi pair trading. You can attach this EA to all the currency pair without worrying the exposure will get over. It can detect which pair is currently trading, and will ignore other signals. 1 thing for sure, the default setting is only suitable for EURUSD usage only. To furthur make use of this system, you'll need to backtest it for different pair to ensure the Pipstep is suitable for that particular currency. Such as Pipstep 5 for EURUSD, may be GBPUSD may need 10pips. I dont know. Basically it works the same as previous 10p3v0.03. This is a improved version that will pick a different currency pair to trade with. I need multi pair's of optimized settings on TakeProfit and Pips. They should be optimized based on atleast 2006 ~ present date with 90% tick by tick modelling quality. If things work out good, I'm forecasting this EA will bank us good money without having massive drawdown in the future. Good luck.

Below is the journal to keep this EA rolling on the 1st post. So people can always come back and update themself without having to search the entire thread.

5/23/2008:

Posted raw code of 10p3v0.04

5/30/2008:

Posted new version of 10p3v1.00 Feature elaboration posted here.

I would like optimize the 10p3v1.00, and post my results here, with differents periods, but i would like know the expert propierties that you think are better, thank you

archundial:
I would like optimize the 10p3v1.00, and post my results here, with differents periods, but i would like know the expert propierties that you think are better, thank you

Here you go.

Regards

David

davidke20:
1) 10p3v0.01 ~ 0.04 all trade based on MACD cross over. Cross down sell, cross up buy. V1.0 also trade on cross over, but the criteria has been limitted by Stochstics. When Stochastics at 80%, no buy will be allow, when Stochstics at 20%, no sell will be allow.

2) Pipstep is the PIPS variable. When you set it to 5, every 5 pips decrement of buy positions, there will be an extra trade made with double lot size of the previous lot size. Vice versa, every 5pips increment of sell positions, there will be an extra trade made with double lot sizee of the previous lot size. V0 series are all fix pipstep. When you stated 5, the EA will open trade every 5pips decrement/increment depends on what is the initial position. If you set it to 10, every 10pips it will fire another trade. V1 series, it can be set to auto. It will refer to the Standard Deviation to set the pipstep instead of fix pipstep by the trader. During high volatility, EA will decide to take high pipstep, whereas if market is trading in tight range, EA will decide to take low pipstep. It can happens as follow:

1.5000 - buy 0.01

1.4995 - buy 0.03 -5pips on low volatility

1.4950 - buy 0.09 -45pips on high volatility

1.4880 - buy 0.27 -70pips on very high volatility

All these judement will be based on how many pips the market is moving over the history. This is the general characteristic of V1.00 and above.

3) Definitely will, but I'm affraid an optimization on this part will be made the EA to become over optimized. When overoptimized happens, if market sentimen change, EA unable to cope up with latest market movement. It also can be bias 1 side due to curve fitting on history data. Your optimization report will probably show you no sell under 100% and only buy when 0%. If this is set, the EA will only take buy positions all theway. Check out your chart. EURUSD has been always uptrend since 2006. What happen if EURUSD decided to make a U-Turn on 2008? I wonder all buy EA still survive at this time.

4) Speaking of optimal settings, almost everything is important in the EA. For V0 series, Pipstep/TakeProfit/Pips/Multiplier/Maxtrades is the crusial. Whereas for V1 series, StdDeviation/TakeProfit/Multiplier/Maxtrades.

5) V0.01,V0.02,V0.03 are all tradeable on all currencies. The main difference on MultiCurrency on V0.05/V1.00 compare to the previous 3 versions is these 2 EA can look at all the currency pair at the same time. But it will take up trade as FIFO(First in first out) basis. I give you an example how they differenciate with each others.

V0.03 and earlier version:

USDJPY0.01

EURUSD0.01

GBPUSD0.01

USDJPY0.03

EURUSD0.03

USDJPY0.09

USDJPY0.27

USDJPY0.81

Margin used up - no chance for EURUSD and GBPUSD to continue trading and heading to margin call

V0.04 and V1.00 MultiCurrency:

USDJPY0.01

USDJPY0.03

USDJPY0.09

USDJPY0.27

USDJPY0.81

Closed all USDJPY trades

New opportunity happen on EURUSD

EURUSD0.01

EURUSD0.03

EURUSD0.09

EURUSD0.27

Closed all EURUSD trades

This says, the EA will try to close off all the positions on 1 single currency pair before it take up a trade on others.

Basically this is all about the few version I made. You may need to start studying the thread from page #300 on 10point3.mq4 thread to follow up every single detail if you wish to furthur investigate why those improvement have made. It is very hard for me to explain everything over again. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Version 0.04 optimized

Here are some optimization results for v0.04 on GBPUSD, 3.5 years of Alpari history data. Unfortunately I realized too late that I was using a type 2 account, so I don't know how realistic this result is.

You can see from the curve that there are massive movements up and down. If anyone is planning to use these settings, it might make sense to take profit out of the account whenever you hit an upswing, because the pendulum will invariably swing the other way and erase the big gains.

Any comments or suggestions?

autumn

In reply to Scribe,

Here is the added code for the max lot you want.

Regards

David

Files:
maxlot.mq4  13 kb

:: how can I setup everything for a standard account, if I do... adjust to 0 or 1 (accountType) it doesn't care about my starting lotsize ( 0.1 ), of course Money_management is set to true, if I set it to false I have a list of invalid tickets and orderclose errors (without opening an order before)... so... guide me...

:: InitialStop (from 100 to 400)

:: MaxTrades (from 1 to 9)

:: Are they working?? In my optimization tests, no matter what, it doesn't interfere with the results!???

:: started with optimization tests on 15M time frame (from Jan 2008 till today, EURUSD), standard account (100.000$), no errors. Total of 175 tests with different input variables like SL, MaxTrades, risk.

:: None of the tests were positive.

:: started with optimization tests on 1H time frame (from Jan 2008 till today, EURUSD), standard account (100.000$), no errors. Total of 175 tests with different input variables like SL, MaxTrades, risk. ( SL & MaxTrades didn't do anything by changed values, only risk what resulted in more profit & DD)

:: sorry, 10p3v1.01, I did another 200+ test by changing TakeProfit(didn't work), Lots(Didn't work), InitialStop(Didn't work), TrialingStop(Didn't work), Pips(Didn't work)... By didn't work I mean, It doesn't do anything, no difference, nada, the profits/losses/drawdown/... all equal with different settings.

:: 90% of this EA doesn't work