10p3 - Multi currency pair - page 8

Settings file

Hi David,

This time I optimized online because I am unable to downlowd Alpari data anymore so I get it through the history centre from Metaquotes. I used to optimize offline until the Alpari site stopped working.

Here's the file. Let me know what you think.

thanks again.

autumn

autumnleaves:
Hi David,

This time I optimized online because I am unable to downlowd Alpari data anymore so I get it through the history centre from Metaquotes. I used to optimize offline until the Alpari site stopped working.

Here's the file. Let me know what you think.

thanks again.

autumn

History Center for MetaTrader 4

works for me

History data

Strange, the past several times I tried I was not able to access the data. Today I am able to access it. I will redo the optimization with the Alpari data as soon as I get a chance.

thanks enforcer

autumn

Optimization

Has anyone else optimized v0.04. If so, perhaps I am wasting my time.

How to optimize v1.01?

autumn

autumnleaves:
Has anyone else optimized v0.04. If so, perhaps I am wasting my time.

How to optimize v1.01?

autumn

Dear Autumn,

Thank you for your time to do all the optimization. I am too busy to do it, so I post it up hoping people help me to do it. V1.01 can be optimize with TakeProfit, MaxTrades, Multiplier. I would suggest to use PipStep_MTF set to 1440, then optimize it on D1, H4, H1 so on and so forth. Hope this help.

Regards

David

More optimization

No problem. Can v0.04 and v1.00 also be optimized on shorter timeframes. I generally like to use M15.

autumn

Hi,

ive saw in backtesting vers. 1.00 when I change the timefilter, it makes no difference to the old results. Please can anyone check the quality of the timefilter?

Thanks so much

autumnleaves:
No problem. Can v0.04 and v1.00 also be optimized on shorter timeframes. I generally like to use M15. autumn

I personally doesn't like short time frame. But it is ok if you get good quality testing on it. PipsteMTF on V1.00 to be set to 1440 is to ensure there is enough room for the EA to expand its trades. You can still use 240, 60 or lower, but I guess the result wouldn't be impressive, or even worse.

erdenmensch:
Hi,

ive saw in backtesting vers. 1.00 when I change the timefilter, it makes no difference to the old results. Please can anyone check the quality of the timefilter?

Thanks so much

Huh? Attach your both statement with and without TimeFilter testing please.

Regards

David

hello david,

i still get an error when i change the moneymanagement function to "False"

regards

Rudi

hinomaru:
hello david,

i still get an error when i change the moneymanagement function to "False"

regards

Rudi

Well... frankly i'm out of idea what is going on. But if you would like to trade with the smallest lot size without me fixing the error, just change the risk=0.0001. And the lot size will remain as 0.01. It should work fine that way.

Regards

David

Reason: