10p3 - Multi currency pair - page 7

Understanding

Thanks very much for your careful explanations. I did in fact read all the posts from the old thread, but found that I became increasingly confused. I think that it would be helpful to have an outline document to describe the strategy and operation in detail.

One further question: if v1.0 adjusts automatically to ranging and trending situations, is it necessary to use (or optimize) the TimeFilter?

thanks,

autumn

Another question

If I understand correctly, V1.0 operates with input from many pairs simultaneously. I assume therefore that it cannot be backtested or optimized.

autumn

Code fragment

Here is a code fragment that can be used if you want to step indicator periods in a fractal progression (e.g., 3,5,8,13,21,34). The P_Per input can be stepped in integer numbers to produce the fractal series.

Per = MathRound((MathPow(1.6180339,P_Per)-MathPow(0.6180339*(-1),P_Per))*0.4472135955999);

I hope it is helpful

autumn

autumnleaves:
Thanks very much for your careful explanations. I did in fact read all the posts from the old thread, but found that I became increasingly confused. I think that it would be helpful to have an outline document to describe the strategy and operation in detail.

One further question: if v1.0 adjusts automatically to ranging and trending situations, is it necessary to use (or optimize) the TimeFilter?

thanks,

autumn

You can do that, but the EA will then tell you to trade 24 hours a day, because most likely the MT4 backtester doesn't know there is a lot of slippage during NY session. For me, it is vitally important to use TimeFilter. Most of the blow up happens on NY session.

autumnleaves:
If I understand correctly, V1.0 operates with input from many pairs simultaneously. I assume therefore that it cannot be backtested or optimized. autumn

May still backtest, but not on optimization. Besides of TakeProfit, Multiplier, and the size of Standard Deviation, the rest are pretty much constants.

autumnleaves:
Here is a code fragment that can be used if you want to step indicator periods in a fractal progression (e.g., 3,5,8,13,21,34). The P_Per input can be stepped in integer numbers to produce the fractal series.

Per = MathRound((MathPow(1.6180339,P_Per)-MathPow(0.6180339*(-1),P_Per))*0.4472135955999);

I hope it is helpful

autumn

Just change your Multiplier to fractal number will do. Such as 1.5 or 1.3. The lot size increment will cut down.

Regards

David

hello david,

when change the "moneymanagement" function to false, i have this error

2008.06.19 22:23:55 10p3v1.01 EURUSDm,H1: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

regards

Rudi

davidke20:
Try again.

Regards

David

hello david,

i still have the same error,all setting i leave it by default,only moneymanagement function i set it to false...

but if i set the moneymanagement to true...no error...

regards

Rudi

hinomaru:
hello david,

when change the "moneymanagement" function to false, i have this error

2008.06.19 22:23:55 10p3v1.01 EURUSDm,H1: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

regards

Rudi

Try again.

Regards

David

hinomaru:
hello david,

i still have the same error,all setting i leave it by default,only moneymanagement function i set it to false...

but if i set the moneymanagement to true...no error...

regards

Rudi

Cant figure out why. But I've made a little bit more changes. Hope this work.

Regards

David

Files:
10p3v1.01_1.mq4  13 kb

Backtesting blues

Optimized v004 on 2.5 years GBPUSD with great results. Then tried settings on another pair. Negative. Then returned to GBPUSD and the EA crashed the account with same settings. I suspect that MT4 is buggy. I can send setting if wished

Any ideas?

autumn

autumnleaves:
Optimized v004 on 2.5 years GBPUSD with great results. Then tried settings on another pair. Negative. Then returned to GBPUSD and the EA crashed the account with same settings. I suspect that MT4 is buggy. I can send setting if wished

Any ideas?

autumn

Yes, please do. By the ways, do you use offline MT4 to test? Or a online MT4. And also be remind, every currency pair's trading range is different, therefore there is no 1 general settings can be use for other currency pair. It may be good for 1, but definitely different setting on others.

Regards

David

Reason: