W D Gann Indicators and others - page 21

Files:

Gann Hilo Activator v2

I have the Gann Hilo Activator v2 indicator loaded on the MT4 platform under the Custom Indicators but when I drag it to the chart it doesn't show up! Right clicking on the chart to bring up the pop up box of Trading/EA's etc and clicking on the Indicators List shows in another pop up box that it is listed as being on the chart!! Editing it from that box to change Line Colour and Width does not work either!

Frustrating, so I would be grateful if anyone could help please and tell me what I may need to do in order to be able to use this indicator. Many thanks.

question on the values

Foreverold:
jorgka,

I sent you and email.

Here are the Gann Programs

I am wondering how to figure out the values for "step size per day, and levels. I would like to know if there is a value discrepency for different time frames and how to know what value to use and why, thanx in advance Osiris p.s. this in reference to the calculator

Gann indicators are very famous and very useful

but there could be quite many version in the forum, have to find the right one - to sue, it is better to slow down the indicators too

dustovshio:
I haven't seen this exact formulas on this forum, nor have I seen them published on the web.

If you want to use a 12 day chart you simply draw a circle place the day you want to use as the last high/low at 0* divide that by 360* and use the following angles 45,60,90,120,135, 180, 225, 240, 270, 315, 330, 360. One whole day is equal to 30* moves. If you use a 24 hr chart each minute is .25*, 5 minutes = 1.25*, 1hr 15*.

In forex you can use either 3,4, or 5 digits in your calculations. For daily, long term go with 5, for intraday use 3. I've attached 3 charts the one with the smaller levels used 3, the other two show 4. Of course it is probably best to use both together to see where they coincide. Use the following formula and chart to calculate price:

1. Decide whether to use 3, 4, or 5 numbers for your price.

2. Take the square root of the last high or low.

!3. Add the equivalent decimal for the angle you want.

4. Square the new number.

45* .25

60* .333

90* .50

120* .666

135* .75

180* 1

225* 1.25

240* 1.333

270* 1.5

300* 1.666

315* 1.75

360* 2

Example (see attached chart) gbp/jpy low 241.97

1. use 4197

2. 64.78

3. 65.78 = 1 + 64.78 or 180*

4. 4327 = 1.4327

On the third chart we used the 4299 low as 0* and find the high of 4431 using 4 number calculation, which was 2 pips from the actual high. The time elapsed was 2hr 50m or 42.5* you can now use 42.5* for the next price calculation as follows:

1. Take the square root of actual high of 4433 = 66.58

2. Subtract the square root of the degrees of time you're interested in. In our case the square root of 42.5 is 6.519 so 66.58 - 6.519 = 60.062.

3. subtract your angles - use 1 for 180* 2 for 360* if you're working with low's add your angles.

4. The first level would be 59.062 * 59.062 (60* this translates to 4 hours time.)

5. New target price is 1.4388 see chart "price-time.

Ok, well im not sure what a 12 day chart is, my question would be what is the formula for the four hour, weekly and monthly chart, as far as computing the angles, thank you very much Osiris

radatats:
WOW! Thanks for the assistance helping each other out guys. I should have followed up earlier, sorry.

The blue lines are a Fibo Channel not a Pitchfork. I thought I said how I used the channel but your ideas with the Pitchfork are interesting too. The idea is to plot the channel BEFORE it occurs using the Gann levels and the Fibo Time.

Start your plot at the exact swing point you picked. The second point is at the intersection of the first time bar and the second, third or fourth gann line. The third point is always on the start time bar and the same number of lines up from the second point. In the pic I have circled the points. By the way, do this on the time frame you used to pick the swing point.

Interestingly the few times I have tried it, the median line of the pitchfork intersecting the channel makes for a decent target.

I have also attached a template with my own settings for the fibo channel. Saves you from having to try to reconstruct the fib channel the way I have it. Mine draws a channel with fib levels inside and out. Apply it to the GBPUSD 4hr, open the objects menu and edit the properties of the fib channel. If you change a color and then change it back to mine and close the properties box, your fib channel should now have my settings when you go to use it.

Steve

Hi Rads and all

I got the indi to work but when I tried to use the Template it shot it way back in time to be only viewable on daily timeframe - CHECK OUT SCREENSHOT, what wrong with the template, I dont know if I can adjust it manually!

also I'm attaching a couple of screenshots of using it from indi following Rads instructions, they look ok to me but what do you think?

Seem like an interesting thing, would like some help from guys using it, cheers!

Files:
toolsplate.jpg  203 kb
guh4.jpg  369 kb
euh4rads.jpg  210 kb

ok i read the last para, but I havn't got a clue what to adjust since each item has three different times and prices! Great working with the principle myself though without the template.

savernake:
I have the Gann Hilo Activator v2 indicator loaded on the MT4 platform under the Custom Indicators but when I drag it to the chart it doesn't show up! Right clicking on the chart to bring up the pop up box of Trading/EA's etc and clicking on the Indicators List shows in another pop up box that it is listed as being on the chart!! Editing it from that box to change Line Colour and Width does not work either! Frustrating, so I would be grateful if anyone could help please and tell me what I may need to do in order to be able to use this indicator. Many thanks.

The Gann Hilo Activator is quite a popular indicator to use when trading Forex.

combining Rads SQ9 with Square 9 time

Rads Square 9 uses fibonacci time cycles to predict turns. Can someone who is programming savvy modify the code so that it uses Square of nine time projections?

I have attached both.

Thanks!!

Files:

Gann HiLo Activator repaint the past? I wand to use for exits

Reason: