W D Gann Indicators and others - page 7

dustovshio:
The hourly charts look really great. Are you guys using the dotted lines to place entry orders at the price levels? Sincerely, Dustin p.s. if anyone can help coding an ema please pm me.

Hi Dustin,

I have not place any order yet, I am just watching and trying to figure out how the indicators do behave...

BTW, I downloaded and installed OOo Calc to be able to look into your computation (Excel had problems with the functions). So, now I see the table, nevertheless, I cannot understand it clearly. May I ask you for a bit more explanation? My questions would be:

• I put the time of a top or trough of price to column B and the corresponding price in five digits to C1, in four digits to C2 and in three digits to C3 cell.
  • Column D will calculate the probable time of ... what?
  • From E3 to P5 cells field of the table contains probable price extensions, row 3 in five digits, ..., row 5 in three digits. When will the market reach these prices?
  • Are the columns of the bottom half of the table in synchrony with the top part's columns?

Anyway, if you have elaborated rules for trading on the base of these indicators or your OOo calculation, coding an EA would be nice

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Files:

Please download the latest version. There are instructions inside the spreadsheet. If you want to use the natural market mirror, and natural market river, enter 0 into the fields that aren't being used. Be careful when copying and pasting prices because the formulas get screwed- you probably want to save a backup copy in case this happens. Just enter your prices using the zigzag - attached starting at #1 for the most recent and going backwards. Put the !xmeter indicator in the experts folder and attach it to a chart. Look for a 7-2 combination or a difference of 5 between the pairs you want to trade. Look at the projected times and price levels for entry and exit. NMM, NMR positive/negative indicate trend direction. We'll have indicators soon.

Dustin

Files:
gancalc.zip  53 kb

Dustin,

Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet with the comments included and the indicator

I added the indicator to a chart and am watching it closely.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

I forgot to mention- you want the indicator to be positive or negative on all time-frames, like the eur/usd now.

chrisstoff:
Dustin,

Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet with the comments included and the indicator

I added the indicator to a chart and am watching it closely.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

You're welcome :-) be sure to check the indicator on all timeframes.

indicators undergoing revision.

Dustin

dustovshio:
You're welcome :-) be sure to check the indicator on all timeframes.

Thanks, Dustin

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Edit: Sorry, my bad...

Please find some Gann indicators attached for MT4 and MT3.

And some indicators are here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178566/page3

Files:
gann.zip  25 kb

Dustin,

The new indicators look fine It seems to be a bit complex, so it needs some analysis to have an insight and understand how it really works.

Thanks for sharing your system!

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Ok guys, this indicator is a simplified version using only a single natural moving average applied to the natural market river instead of the natural market mirror. To use it, simply extract all the files into your indicators folder and put the nma.tp template into the templates folder, and the !xmeter into the experts folder. Enable the expert (it's not going to actually trade) and use it to determine which pairs to trade. Entry rules: when all of the indicators cross the 0 line and the !xmeter is in favor. Exit at sdx-pivots (attached) or use spread sheet if you are far from the pivots. Exit if the indicators go back to 0 - hopefully you will have taken profit before that happens. It is probably best to determine your target profit in advance, whether it be 10 pips or 50. I'm using the 5 minute charts. Thanks Chrisstoff for the Multi-timeframe indicator.

Update:

I'm attaching another indicator combining the NMAr and NMAm. You can also use it with the gann calculator using the crossing points as prices. Record the angles between crosses in your spreadsheet, and look at 3,4,and 5 number calculations, keeping in mind the angles meanings - 45, 90, 180,360 reverse. 30,60,120,180 continue. Occasionally the indicator cross doesn't fall on an angle.

Update:

modified the nmamr to use bands which are the nmr and its inverse. Take trades when the bands are breached - long above 0 or short below 0. Take reversals when the bands are kissed.

Files:
gann_1.zip  70 kb