Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 18

Storing settings of the CRB's

peter pan:
Dear Michal, everything is working fine - except - the script attached to the 1min chart is not stored, thus when restarting MT4 it has to be applied to every chart manually again. Any hint is appreciated !

Hi,

You can use it as EA. Simply move it to experts folder and attach to 1 min chart as EA. Settings will be stored then.

its not work

hb2:
its not work

Please be more specific. What does not work?

Back Testing CRB

Hello,

I have a problem with MT CRB back testing. I am pretty sure that MT interpolates CRB bar data, thus making back testing almost totally unreliable , atleast for more frequently trading systems.

To demonstrate this I have attached a BT report for a custom EA with frequent trading settings. Bt is for about 3 year period with fixed 1 lot, SL is aprox 18 and TP 130... results are quite unrealistic....

Please, if anyone has information of how to reliably BT CRB on MT4 let me know!

Cheers,

Jani

here are Michal's instructuins for CRB back testing and MT4 reloading:

HOW TO LOAD MT4 PLATFORM WITH CRB CHARTS RUNNING:

When you close the MT4 platform script are also taken down. If you want to have the loaded CRB charts saved in platform profile and up and running when you restart MT4 , then you can use the script as EA. Place it in experts directory, and attach to chart from Expert Advisors tree. This way when you close the platform it will be saved and offline chart will restart.

HOW TO BACK TEST USING CRB:

1) go to the c:\Program Files\Metatrader\history folder. You should

see subfolders with trading servers feeds.

2) make a new subfolder with the name CRB

3) go to one of your trading servers folders ( folder should be in history\xxxx_server) and copy the following files into

history\CRB folder:

- symbols.raw

- symbols.sel

- symgroups.raw

- ticks.raw

- 1 min data, e.g. EURUSD1.hst, GBPUSD1.hst, USDCHF1.hst, etc

4) start metatrader and manually log in into account but write CRB in

the server field, off course there will be no conection.

5) restart metatrader to clean its preloaded data (you should see

Waiting for update on all charts except 1 min.

6) drop CRB script on 1 min chart but now select a standard TimeFrame

to generate, for example 5 min.

7) Now you can backtest.

BigSlick:
Hello,

I am pretty sure that MT interpolates CRB bar data

They are only interpolating 1 min data as they are the lower resolution than CRB's. So this is as accurate as the standard MT4 backtest. The only thing from CRB's is that the indicators you use are driven by them.

hi 2 every1 Can any one help with indicetor Range bar on MT4 or they can be used only by Ninja Trader?

its now 60 euros can I have the 40eu one please :-)

got the range bas program for 60eu and so far im happy

30 pips on themarket european open i think i get how it works

thanks mlqservice for your fine work

I really don`t understand why somebody really looking for range charts doesn`t use ninjatrader for charting. It is free and the feed is free. And the range charts are just perfect. Also there are alot custom programmed indicators available for download. Some are even converting MT4 indis.

Dan S:
I really don`t understand why somebody really looking for range charts doesn`t use ninjatrader for charting.

It is only the same answer like, why is somebody looking for Metatrader doesn't use ninjatrader?

Anyway, can you use/backtest a metatrader Expert Advisor with ninjatrader range charts?

Reason: