Range Bar Chart on MT4 - page 20

fxwalb:
Thank you for the fast reply. OK I think allowed is then one wick, either to the upside or downside, correct? Sorry for the confusion.

This is normal, from open price can travel up and down. In the moment that the range traveled, from low to high is equal the defined range then the bar is closed. Therefore close of the bar is always equal to high or low. However, open doesn't need to be equal high or low, therefore you see wicks.

There is another type of bars, without wicks and it is called Renko bars. There are available in my shop too and currently they are making a very good publicity in the FF thread C4 scalping. It seems that Renkos are very suitable for this strategy.

Hi Michal, thank you for this clear explanation.

----------------------------------

This is a coding problem:

If I call a value from another indicator I can do this with iCustom , like

diouble a=iCustom(NULL, 0,"HMA", MA_Period,3,0,0);

or

double b=iMA(NULL,0,MA_Period,0,MA_Mode,0,0);

How can I get a value from a virtual timeframe like M2 when running the range-bar-script?

best regards

fxwalb:
Hi Michal, thank you for this clear explanation.

----------------------------------

This is a coding problem:

If I call a value from another indicator I can do this with iCustom , like

diouble a=iCustom(NULL, 0,"HMA", MA_Period,3,0,0);

or

double b=iMA(NULL,0,MA_Period,0,MA_Mode,0,0);

How can I get a value from a virtual timeframe like M2 when running the range-bar-script?

best regards

Just like this is OK.

michal:
Just like this is OK.

OK this means just like

double b=iMA(NULL,2,MA_Period,0,MA_Mode,0,0);

Time Stamp for Range Bars

Hi Michal,

Love your work and dedication to service. Before I buy the indy, can you tell me how the time stamp works on the bars. Is it accurate?

wadams

wadams19:
Hi Michal,

Love your work and dedication to service. Before I buy the indy, can you tell me how the time stamp works on the bars. Is it accurate?

wadams

I just re-read the first page, and you answered the question already. I should have been more thorough.

Michal -

I am familiar with CRB through EL and have been testing them for a couple years with MCFX....unfortunately with MCFX back testing with their CRBs can in many cases cause unrealistic back testing results due to no look inside bar functionality.

I'm new to MT4 old to EL and beginning to like MT4 more and more bc of Forex opportunity with such...

Michal - before I buy your CRB my questions are..... after watching your video clip on how to set them up on the chart:

1. Can you drag your expert advisor auto system in the CRB (off line) chart or do you have to drag and drop it in the 2 min chart that the CRB is working from?

2. In the video you used a 2 minute bar to create the 10 PIP CRB off line chart....so would that be in essence look in side bar via 2 minute bar regarding your system's interpretation of historical price action - or would the EA only be able to interpret the open-high-low-close from the CRB?

Best Regards,

willwill

willwill:

1. Can you drag your expert advisor auto system in the CRB (off line) chart or do you have to drag and drop it in the 2 min chart that the CRB is working from?

You drop it on the off-line chart where the CRB's are formed.

willwill:

2. In the video you used a 2 minute bar to create the 10 PIP CRB off line chart....so would that be in essence look in side bar via 2 minute bar regarding your system's interpretation of historical price action - or would the EA only be able to interpret the open-high-low-close from the CRB?

The EA will be able to interpret OHLC from the CRB chart it is dropped on.

Regards,

Michal

CRB with other indicators

Please forgive my ignorance, Would using CRB have an adverse effect on some indicators? namely Volumes and MFI ?

Also I went to purchase this 25 euro indicator and see it is now 60 euro.

How about rolling back prices! I am boot strapping with a micro account

Thanks!

Swamp Yankee:
Please forgive my ignorance, Would using CRB have an adverse effect on some indicators? namely Volumes and MFI ?

Also I went to purchase this 25 euro indicator and see it is now 60 euro.

How about rolling back prices! I am boot strapping with a micro account

Thanks!

What do you mean by 'adverse effect'? Please elaborate.

The price is not going to roll back, as effort needed to support them is now about an hour per client and my hourly rate is 60 EUR (+ tax when applicable). If you opt for CRB's without support, then wlas version is cheaper as it is free.

Regards,

Michal

Reason: