Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 173

thought

I thought ill bring you renko fans something i found.

Para differs from original that it creates parallel blocks. If the price moves one block in one direction and then reverts one block in opposite direction you will get two parallel blocks which doesn't happen in normal renko.

Updated real chart-fixed calculation of back data

lordsfxt:

Para differs from original that it creates parallel blocks. If the price moves one block in one direction and then reverts one block in opposite direction you will get two parallel blocks which doesn't happen in normal renko.

Hey, nice update ! Thanks !

So, which one we use ? You posted 2 ?

That's indicators, or experts ?

Thanks !

lordsfxt:

Thanks!!! However, I'm not able to build bricks larger than 5pips with the para version you provided... Do you have this issue with para?

Big Joe:
Hey, nice update ! Thanks !

So, which one we use ? You posted 2 ?

That's indicators, or experts ?

Thanks !

Experts

trendchangetrader:
Thanks!!! However, I'm not able to build bricks larger than 5pips with the para version you provided... Do you have this issue with para?

I just show you a screen of 5pip and 10pip running together,

3 Month Renko Backtest on my EA

How to back-test Renko?

1. go to the c:Program FilesMetatraderhistory folder. You should see sub-folders with

trading servers feeds.

2. make a new sub-folder with the name RENKO (or a name of your choice).

3. go to one of your trading servers folders (folder should be in historyxxxx_server) and copy the following files into history/RENKO folder:

- symbols.raw

- symbols.sel

- symgroups.raw

- ticks.raw

- 1 min data, e.g. EURUSD1.hst, GBPUSD1.hst, USDCHF1.hst, etc.

4. start Metatrader and manually log in into account but write RENKO in the server field (of course there will be no connection).

5. restart Metatrader to clean its preloaded data (you should see "Waiting for update" on all charts except 1 min).

6. drop Renko script on 1 min chart but now select a standard Time Frame to generate, for example "5" for M5 time-frame.

7. Now you can back-test using M5 as the time-frame.

3 Month Renko Back-test on my EA

I could not get more 1minute data than 4th November 2010.

USDJPY

10pip Renko with wicks.

5000 start

2.5 lot size

1 open trade at a time.

5k to 91k with low draw-down and close to a 100% winning.

Looks good, need to forward test it now to see if it does the same.

Files:

How to back-test Renko?

1. go to the c:Program FilesMetatraderhistory folder. You should see sub-folders with

trading servers feeds.

3. go to one of your trading servers folders (folder should be in historyxxxx_server) and copy the following files into history/RENKO folder:

- symbols.raw

- symbols.sel

- symgroups.raw

- ticks.raw

4. start Metatrader and manually log in into account but write RENKO in the server field (of course there will be no connection).

5. restart Metatrader to clean its preloaded data (you should see "Waiting for update" on all charts except 1 min).

6. drop Renko script on 1 min chart but now select a standard Time Frame to generate, for example "5" for M5 time-frame.

USDJPY

10pip Renko with wicks.

5000 start

2.5 lot size

1 open trade at a time.

Looks good, need to forward test it now to see if it does the same. [/QUOTE

lordfx,ton get more datas on the 1mins time frame,just open it down when connected and press down the home key until you get the desired history chart.Maybe you can get more datas.

Regards and thanks for the indicators.

lordsfxt:
How to back-test Renko?

trading servers feeds.

- symbols.raw

- symbols.sel

- symgroups.raw

- ticks.raw

USDJPY

10pip Renko with wicks.

5000 start

2.5 lot size

1 open trade at a time.

Looks good, need to forward test it now to see if it does the same.

20 trades per day, hum, HUM

Big Joe:
20 trades per day, hum, HUM

Scalping every renko candle....

Files:
para_renko2.gif  55 kb

My Renko Chart Set Up

Hi There,

very good thread this - i new a little about renko but this opened my eyes allot to its potential. Many thanks to all who have posted here - i thought i would share my chart setup to whoever may be interested. Seems to work pretty well. I find having the mini charts on the same chart helpful to see overall trend (the MA is 60 sma on mini charts) although a bit memory hungry. I'll post template and indi's.

Cheers

RobT

Files:
chart_pic1.jpg  303 kb
robt_renko.tpl  623 kb

My Renko Chart Set Up

Here are indi's

Reason: